Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-17-2019, 06:47 PM

Default How many non resident alien tags sold in Alberta each year?

I can't seem to find the info online. Just wondering if anyone knows where to get that info?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:25 PM

Call APOS on Tuesday
Old 02-17-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
Call APOS on Tuesday
Will do. I'll post what they tell me in case anyone else is interested.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:56 PM

Some general licence sales info.

https://mywildalberta.ca/buy-licence...tatistics.aspx

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-17-2019, 08:03 PM

I did find that online just not quite what I'm looking for.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:24 PM

What specifically are you looking for?

F&W promised to publish detailed licence data every year.
And another project pushed aside for today's flavour.

APOS might help, might ask for a fee, or not.

F&W has the data, just need to WRITE the right person and ask.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-24-2019, 09:52 AM

I was the the Fish and Game AGM this past weekend and there was mention from individuals in AEP that they were looking at some sort of legislation or way to work with other provincial hunting jurisdictions to ensure that an individual can only be resident in any single province or territory. They didn’t give us a ton of information, just that they were trying to work on it.
Hopefully this will significantly reduce those guys that have multiple residential addresses and are able to hunt as “resident hunters” in multiple jurisdictions.

DR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
I was the the Fish and Game AGM this past weekend and there was mention from individuals in AEP that they were looking at some sort of legislation or way to work with other provincial hunting jurisdictions to ensure that an individual can only be resident in any single province or territory. They didn’t give us a ton of information, just that they were trying to work on it.
Hopefully this will significantly reduce those guys that have multiple residential addresses and are able to hunt as “resident hunters” in multiple jurisdictions.

DR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s a very simple solution, they need to have a drivers license or government ID with the province they wish to hunt in with them for their hunting licenses to be legal.

Done deal
Old 02-24-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
It’s a very simple solution, they need to have a drivers license or government ID with the province they wish to hunt in with them for their hunting licenses to be legal.

Done deal
Wow for real a driver's license or government ID to the province they wish to hunt in for that hunting license to be legal .

so if someone that wanted to hunt all the provinces they would need all the different driver licenses / government ID not practical .Done deal
if I'm understanding you correctly
Old 02-24-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
Wow for real a driver's license or government ID to the province they wish to hunt in for that hunting license to be legal .

so if someone that wanted to hunt all the provinces they would need all the different driver licenses / government ID not practical .Done deal
NO ,you would not be a resident of that province if you did not have a drivers lisence or some other provincial id.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
NO ,you would not be a resident of that province if you did not have a drivers lisence or some other provincial id.
Thanks I understand better now .
Old 02-24-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post

You’re going to hold multiple drivers licenses or health cards in multiple provinces and keep changing them around to prove you currently live in each province?
Not sure how many people would be willing to break the law like that in the hopes they won’t get caught hunting in the wrong province.

I guess if their employer didn’t need them to have a license, and you were just a kid that didn’t own anything it might be easier. For myself it would be a nightmare trying to change things back and forth just so I could hunt two provinces as a resident