Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-05-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanforhunt084 View Post
Finishing my scouting before the opening day at WMU 406 for archery moose, If anyone in the same are is looking for someone to hook up, PM me, I normally hunt along but I just got a close call with a monster grizzly, therefore seems wise to reach for others that might be heading the same direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just in that area as well doing some preseason scouting. I'll gladly go with you to deter bears, but be warned I'm a first time hunter. Let me know if you're still interested.

Last edited by markjoe; 09-05-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Public land

Hi everyone this is my first year of hunting and I’ve been looking into www.albertadiscoverguide.com and have found a place called sheep river just west of Okotoks. Just wondering if anybody has been out there and is it possible to get onto the land without going into private property also where do you park and if so what is the best side to find big game on. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooperfelker View Post
Hi everyone this is my first year of hunting and I’ve been looking into www.albertadiscoverguide.com and have found a place called sheep river just west of Okotoks. Just wondering if anybody has been out there and is it possible to get onto the land without going into private property also where do you park and if so what is the best side to find big game on. Thank you.

As someone who's been there and lives in Okotoks, don't even bother, its so god damn tiny. To properly access the lease you actually need to be on the North side of the river and cross over as the south side of the river is private land. Your more than welcome to try but the wife and I have gone hiking through there a few times and there really isn't much. If you were to find anything at all in that location it would be VERY small.

Cheers
Matt
Old 09-06-2018, 07:02 AM

Hey there Fellas

I'm looking for someone that the wife and I could tag along with. Were first time Hunters this year and are really excited about it.

I'll be doing some scouting this weekend up in WMU 412 and 414 and also looking in other places over the coming months.

Live in Okotoks, Work in High River. Don't mind travelling.

Send me a Message and we can meet up.

Oh and I enjoy long evening walks on the Beach............ This is a personal's ad right?

Matt
Old 09-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Default Moose partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I am looking for a partner that has been drawn for an early season rifle moose hunt as i have not.
I am sure there are a few out there that have a tag and never shot one.
I have shot many moose and know this is not a solo hunt a new hunter should do on his own or even an experience hunter.
I have all the gear including a walk in cooler and have butchered many moose.
As normal every thing gets split 50/50 except you take the shot.
I should get tagged next year, would definitely take you up on your offer. Keep in touch!
Old 09-06-2018, 10:01 PM

My name is Nathan. Based in Canmore. Looking to learn to hunt upland birds and elk. Inexperienced as a hunter but plenty of experience as a shooter and outdoorsman. Mostly looking to tag along on someone's elk hunt so I can learn the ropes and will repay the hospitality with any necessary grunt work. I'd also like to partner up to find some birds. Looking to stay fairly close to Cochrane/Canmore (Waiporous, Sibbald, Bow Valley Wildland, etc.). Free most weekends and occasionally through the week.

Thanks for looking,
SR
Old 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Default Edmonton area but will travel

Hi, quiet, eager newbie here. I'm 25, hunted grouse last year but that's about it. Don't have any guns or my PAL yet. Looking to tag along and help and learn. Would like to get into bow hunting. I'm not picky - birds, deer, moose, elk, whatever. Would really appreciate some mentorship as none of my relatives or friends hunt. Yes I'm from the city but work in the bush and know how to get around. Willing to travel up to 3 hours from Edmonton.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:07 PM

The names Jonathan. I'm 17. I live just outside of Brooks.This is my third year hunting. Looking for someone older to tag along with as my dad might be working a fair bit through the season. I'm trying to acquire more skills and I think tagging along with someone older and more knowledgeable would help greatly. Physical labor is not a problem. Willing to drive around an hour. Free on most weekends but I will be having volleyball till the 13th of November which could be an issue. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Much appreciated,
Jonathan
Old 09-09-2018, 03:54 PM

Default Edmonton based waterfowl

Hi, My name is Connor and have been hunting for 7 years now. I have been really getting into waterfowl lately and am looking for new buddies to go with. I live in south Edmonton but normally hunt south-east of redeer (have family out there and know a lot of farmers so I have lots of permission of hunt out there) but wouldn't mind hunting a little closer to home. I have all my own gear for both field and pond set hunts (floater and field decoys, laydown blind, guns). Wouldn't mind teaming up with someone who knows a thing or two about waterfowl and enjoys the great outdoors too. PM me if interested in going hunting sometime.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:38 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner - big game, wetlands and uplands birds

Hi there,
Im a 33 year old, married, easy going and reasonably fit dude, with 2 little kids. I went hunting for the first time last year and loved it. Didnt even own a gun or have a PAL until this year. Used my brothers gun (with him) and bagged my first little white tail buck. I really enjoyed all the different stages of the pre-post hunt and want more of it. everything interests me: planning, prep, going there, the stalk, the wait, the butchering, etc. I really only have one friend who hunts and am looking for more. Willing to come help and learn, or hunt and learn. I have a 7mm rifle for big game but no shotgun. Im going to try a solo elk hunt up north on the 17th-21st. I can cow call and bull bugle with a mouth diaphram and have a framed meat hauler back pack. I live in Sherwood Park. With enough notice, I can go anywhere. First time ever writing a personal add, feels weird. lol. Hope to connect with a like minded person. Shoot me an email. sipernet1@gmail.com
Dan
Old 09-11-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I am looking for a partner that has been drawn for an early season rifle moose hunt as i have not.
I am sure there are a few out there that have a tag and never shot one.
I have shot many moose and know this is not a solo hunt a new hunter should do on his own or even an experience hunter.
I have all the gear including a walk in cooler and have butchered many moose.
As normal every thing gets split 50/50 except you take the shot.

Still looking for a moose hunting partner
Old 09-17-2018, 08:11 PM

Edmonton based, hunt near drayton and whitecourt, also at Blackfoot if I get a draw (this year! Bull elk!)

Wouldn’t mind hunting with others, even showing some people the ropes if you will.

If interested message me.

Aaron
Old 09-18-2018, 09:18 AM

Hello Guys
I absolutely love pheasant hunting but with living in a small townhouse in the city owning a good dog just isn't an option. I'm wondering if anyone in the Edmonton area would be interested in having another experienced pheasant hunter along.

I've hunted over dogs 20+ times and I'm in good shape. I regularly hunt for grouse in the Blackfoot and I'm a decent (but not excellent) shot and use a Browning Citori 20g. I'd be more then happy to help out with gas and buy coffee or we could just meet at one of the local release sites.

Thanks!
Tim
Old 09-18-2018, 10:52 AM

Hello,

I would like to do some waterfowl hunting around Medicine Hat. I have a shotgun and a Lab that is good at pheasant hunting and retrieving jump shot ducks. I am willing to take someone out pheasant hunting when the season opens. Experienced hunter besides waterfowl. I have a truck as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:52 AM

Default New to Alberta and Hunting Alberta Big Game

Hello, I'm new to Alberta so I cant hunt on my own. Many of the big game here I have no experience or no idea how to hunt them. I have my hunter safety as well as a recent PAL. I own a shotgun, rifle and 22LR so pretty well nothing I cannot hunt. I have a decent arsenal of goose and duck decoys as well. I'm 20 years old, in shape and not afraid to get out there and put in a little work. I'm living in the med hat area. Just send me a pm and hopefully, we can meet up grab a coffee and talk about some hunting.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystiri View Post
Edmonton based, hunt near drayton and whitecourt, also at Blackfoot if I get a draw (this year! Bull elk!)

Wouldn’t mind hunting with others, even showing some people the ropes if you will.

If interested message me.

Aaron
Pm’d you
Old 09-22-2018, 10:12 PM

Default Wmu 406

hello, I have 3 deer tags for Wmu 406, looking for hunting partners.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:25 PM

Default Pheasants anyone ?

Hello Calgary based or those willing to travel , I have an excellent bird dog bread gsp she is 14 months old . I am looking primarily for some one to tag along and do the shooting while i do the dog training , I have two weeks off coming oct 1st and would love to get her trained up and meet some new people with like minded passions . I should add that this is my first bird dog and I did send her to a professional for training. long story short she is not a champion but she does have the natural instinct and i would love to see how far that goes . all i need from you is a good shot with excellent safety in mind at all times , beers after the hunt is a o.k with me . anyways shoot me a pm if interested mostly release sites but i have some wild bird places i know of just haven't obtained permission as of late . a coffee or a beer is a must prior to heading out .
Old 09-29-2018, 09:56 AM

Smile Partner for 408 and 404

Hi! I have 3 draws in 408/404. Looking for an experienced partner. I've hunted these zones for 10 years plus.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Default New guy that would like to learn.

Hello , me and my brother just recently got our pals and we would like to get in to hunting.i was wondering if anyone would be willing to take one or both of us along some Saturday to show us the ropes?I am 21 and he is 19.we live by dewberry ab.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:06 PM

Default Moose hunting partner in342

Hi. I got bull moose draw for WMU 342. I am looking for experienced moose hunting partner or guide in 342. Please PM me. thanks
Old 10-04-2018, 04:12 PM

Thumbs up Looking for hunting partner

Hello,
I am Kumar, a new hunter, living in Edmonton. Looking for a hunting partner to Join me / I can join, to learn how you trace / hunt.
I got my truck, gears, arms etc.
I have Gen Elk & White tail tag.

Please feel free to contact me
msenthilmail@gmail.com

Thank you,
With Regards,
Kumar
Old 10-05-2018, 06:44 AM

Im a new hunter, I want to start bow hunting and rifle hubting in nov for deer. I also want to go and try out some geese/duck hunting as well. I have a lot of my own gear. Looking for someone to help guide me a little.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:32 PM

Hi there!

I'm looking to get into waterfowl hunting a bit more. I'm primarily a bow hunter, but I'm really keen to hunt ducks and geese. I've acquired 3 dozen duck decoys, a couple dozen goose shell decoys, and a layout blind but have limited experience. The few times I have gone out I have been mildly successful, but have never limited out(not that it matters...), and have always gone solo. I would gladly help out anybody who could use an extra hand to help with laying out decoys, etc.
I'd like to think of myself as being a safe and ethical hunter, and have grown to realise that hunting is not always about harvesting an animal

Located in Cochrane, but would be willing to travel a few hours to where the flyways are.

If I can be of help to anyone, or if you are feeling gracious enough to share your experience and knowledge I'd be eager to hear from you.

All the best this season!
Old 10-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Default Rookie wanting to get into hunting

I am beyond interested. I’m from Lethbridge and I had a friend from Calgary said he could take me this year and introduce me to hunting. But he got a new job and scheduled just won’t work out. I’d love to get into hunting. I always have wanted to and have been a couple of times back home in Ontario but only with a bow. I’d even love to just tag along a few times before I get my pal. Shoot me a text (403)3607422
Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM

short notice, but is anybody interested in going duck hunting around Calgary tomorrow morning?
Old 10-12-2018, 02:42 PM

I'm a 40 Year old married guy who got into hunting only a couple years ago. I was heavily involved in fishing in BC before I moved here 8 years ago (sturgeon/salmon/steelhead guide, many hundreds of volunteer hours each year towards habitat, broodstock etc.). Lots of solo back country experience.

Looking for someone in the Edmonton area who is getting into waterfowl hunting. But I'm not looking for this year, I'm looking ahead into next year and beyond. I'm looking for someone who's motivated to head out and find new ground, "waste" days scouting and isn't afraid to get dirty and share ideas/areas/tactics as we BOTH work to build up our knowledge base. I'm new to it so I don't have a lot of equipment (gun, 3 dekes, waders) but for my first waterfowl season, it's been working out pretty well so far.

I spend from 50-100 days per year camping/hunting/hiking etc so I have a pretty good general knowledge base, just looking for someone who's willing to put in the grunt work with me.

If this looks like a job posting, it's because I'm tired of having buddies get super amped up to go hunting but then expect me to do all of the scouting, show them everything I've discovered and put them into animals first while they GPS spots and take their buddies there later on.

This whole thing sounds super gay but... f it, finding the right hunting partner is much harder than I first thought it would be.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grousegetter View Post
Hi, My name is Connor and have been hunting for 7 years now. I have been really getting into waterfowl lately and am looking for new buddies to go with. I live in south Edmonton but normally hunt south-east of redeer (have family out there and know a lot of farmers so I have lots of permission of hunt out there) but wouldn't mind hunting a little closer to home. I have all my own gear for both field and pond set hunts (floater and field decoys, laydown blind, guns). Wouldn't mind teaming up with someone who knows a thing or two about waterfowl and enjoys the great outdoors too. PM me if interested in going hunting sometime.
Can't pm you for some reason. Also south side. See my friend wanted ad in this thread, reply if you're interested lol
Old 10-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
I'm a 40 Year old married guy who got into hunting only a couple years ago. I was heavily involved in fishing in BC before I moved here 8 years ago (sturgeon/salmon/steelhead guide, many hundreds of volunteer hours each year towards habitat, broodstock etc.). Lots of solo back country experience.

Looking for someone in the Edmonton area who is getting into waterfowl hunting. But I'm not looking for this year, I'm looking ahead into next year and beyond. I'm looking for someone who's motivated to head out and find new ground, "waste" days scouting and isn't afraid to get dirty and share ideas/areas/tactics as we BOTH work to build up our knowledge base. I'm new to it so I don't have a lot of equipment (gun, 3 dekes, waders) but for my first waterfowl season, it's been working out pretty well so far.

I spend from 50-100 days per year camping/hunting/hiking etc so I have a pretty good general knowledge base, just looking for someone who's willing to put in the grunt work with me.

If this looks like a job posting, it's because I'm tired of having buddies get super amped up to go hunting but then expect me to do all of the scouting, show them everything I've discovered and put them into animals first while they GPS spots and take their buddies there later on.

This whole thing sounds super gay but... f it, finding the right hunting partner is much harder than I first thought it would be.
PM sent
Old 10-14-2018, 10:54 PM

I live up in grande prairie and I am getting frustrated in not finding my first bull elk on my own and am looking for a new hunting partner with experience that lives up here and is willing to teach me a few skills in finding the elusive elk around here . I know a few buddies have no problems finding them but we are on opposite schedules and some of them are not eager to give up their secret spot for elk .