Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-07-2024, 11:59 AM

Default Delta Stryker 5 x 50 x 56

Have seen a few guys using this scope and they both seemed to like them...although they had only used them a few times. About 1/2 lb heavier then NightForce Comp. 34 mm tube , zero stop and ED glass, Also about a grand cheaper then the NF comp but as always you get what you pay for.
Now that they have been out for a bit any pro's / con's from those running one ??
Thks
Old 01-07-2024, 12:52 PM

Some of the Fclass shooters I know are running them and really like them, especially when they get compar4d to similar style scopes , the prices are very good on the Deltas. I have seen quite a few 10 and 15 shot possibles posted anywhere from 300 meters to 900 Meters using them
Sdvc just bought one in fact from Nerrlandia for one of his F/TR rifles
Cat
Old 01-07-2024, 02:43 PM

got one in the gun room on buddy’s rifle right now. we set it up beside my nxs and comp. owner was pretty dis-illusioned with his purchase.
end of the day a $2k scope is a $2k scope. be it vortex, burris or what ever.

buy once cry once ........

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 01-07-2024, 04:19 PM

So, curious what were you looking at, at what distance? resolution, aberrance, looking thru mirage, was there one particular thing that stood out, assuming you looked thru both as well? No question there is some difference, but, what did you see in one vs the other, or could not? What are you two using them for?
Old 01-07-2024, 05:24 PM

targets from 1-500 m.
clarity was on par till around 20x; then started to fuzz out.
colors were washed out at all ranges and magnifications in comparison to the nightforce. we shoot 600 yd br primarily.
i spend a lot of time looking through them; i own them.....
it was a long journey to the nightforce for me; but have 4 comps on the go. honestly the nxs is as good of glass to my eye; just a lot heavier.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:42 PM

I like the nightforce benchrest
front focus instead of side focus compared to the competition but 1800 instead of 3300

and in scope checker tests the nightforce BR is the best scope out there for holding first shot point of aim
as well as holding poling of aim
Old 01-07-2024, 06:54 PM

i feel the glass is as good in the br scopes as well;just too lazy to reach all the way to the front to adjust. and never been a fan of i. r. either. they are good value for the money.

2. #1 is true.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
I like the nightforce benchrest
front focus instead of side focus compared to the competition but 1800 instead of 3300

and in scope checker tests the nightforce BR is the best scope out there for holding first shot point of aim
as well as holding poling of aim
I would have to disagree with "Scope Checker" too many variables, but that's for another day. I find the NF benchrest scopes with adj objective awkward to reach and adjust as the adj ring is stiff and can cause shift in rifle position. Your not normally adjusting for every shot but just not for me. Also no zero stop is a deal breaker.

Last edited by Ackleyman; 01-08-2024 at 11:23 AM.