Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2024, 07:39 AM

Default Church shooting

At Lakewood Church in Texas yesterday a woman that used to be a guy went into the Church with a five year old boy and a rifle and started shooting. He also claimed to have a bomb and was spreading some type of powder around. Two off duty police hired as security shot the woman/ man who was firing and spreading powder.
Five year old also killed and a fifty year old who police thought had nothing to do with it was also shot and I believed killed.
This is a huge mega Church that packs tens of thousands of people. Basically Lethbridge population belongs to this Church.
Yesterday the Church was doing a Spanish service.
Im very familiar with Joel Osteen. More like a Christian self help positive attitude. Never hear him ever talk about sexuality ,etc.
Joel Osteen in news conference after shooting was praying for especially the shooter the police killed and the 5 year old and other victim.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:47 AM

On news i just saw the shooters ar15 was written free Palestine so maybe not about transgender stuff
Old 02-13-2024, 07:47 AM

No we will stay clear of the trans stuff in this instance, only if someone does something against one of them, then we tell the world it was a transgender.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
Cnn called the shooter a woman.
The woman used to be a man.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
On news i just saw the shooters ar15 was written free Palestine so maybe not about transgender stuff
It sounds like the shooter had multiple issues.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:51 AM

Quote:
What a sick world.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Reports now saying a biological female and her son.
Demented, evil, person.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:59 AM

Sums it up…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1104.jpg (20.0 KB, 99 views)
Old 02-13-2024, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Joel Osteen in news conference after shooting was praying for especially the shooter the police killed and the 5 year old and other victim.
No sense in praying for the dead. They are dead. Pray for the surviving victims, their families, including the killers family. Sad, tragic, leaves a whole in your heart...
Old 02-13-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
No sense in praying for the dead. They are dead. Pray for the surviving victims, their families, including the killers family. Sad, tragic, leaves a whole in your heart...
I see people on utube vide attacking Joel Osteen and his reaction to shooter and all the victims. They don't understand his smile or praying for one who committed the crime.
Hard for me to quickly explain but I will try.
Some Christians see things in more of a spiritual way not a worldly way.
The shooter we should feel sorry for because to put it mildly you would have to be incredible in a horrible state to even think of something like this. We hurt ourselves when we do evil even if it seems like we got away with it.
We are supposed to love our fellow man and forgive them and when we can do this we can be happy despite our circumstances.
I'm impressed hoy quickly Joel Osteen was able to forgive and to be able to give that news conference with a smile on his face and a kind gentle heart inside him.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The shooter we should feel sorry for because to put it mildly you would have to be incredible in a horrible state to even think of something like this. We hurt ourselves when we do evil even if it seems like we got away with it.
No. We need to stop making excuses like the above for terrorist murderers. Period. That is woke nonsense.

I highly doubt she was in an "increadible horrible mental state" She is a terrorist and planned out fully intentioned to kill the 'enemy' even if what she does takes out her loved ones, that just makes her a marytr and more highly valued in the world she believes in. There are millions just like her, many in the US and Canada who would like to kill us all. She was one of them. We can expect more of this. Feeling sorry only encourages them.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Still is.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
No. We need to stop making excuses like the above for terrorist murderers. Period. That is woke nonsense.

I highly doubt she was in an "increadible horrible mental state" She is a terrorist and planned out fully intentioned to kill the 'enemy' even if what she does takes out her loved ones, that just makes her a marytr and more highly valued in the world she believes in. There are millions just like her, many in the US and Canada who would like
to kill us all. She was one of them. We can expect more
of this. Feeling sorry only encourages them.
Exactly, these people fully intend to kill innocent people for their cause, we need to root them out and deal with them, not feel sympathy for them.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:10 PM

There’s a good article with a long interview with the shooter’s mother in law who described it as predictable and preventable. She was not a man, but was schizophrenic with a long long history of criminal offences and mental problems. Hence, predictable and preventable.

Last edited by Rvsask; 02-13-2024 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
There’s a good article with a long interview with the shooter’s mother in law who described it as predictable and preventable. She was not a man, but was schizophrenic with a long long history of criminal offences and mental problems. Hence, predictable and preventable.
Like a broken record, not at all unexpected.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Reports now saying a biological female and her son.
Demented, evil, person.
Female: always was and always will be and it was her Biological son.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Like a broken record, not at all unexpected.
Hey, if that were here (James Smith Cree Nation for example) you’d hear a lot of screaming about how shooter (or stabber) should’ve been in locked away somewhere, for which I agree, but when such a thing is pointed out here, it’s like a broken record. lol
Which part of your narrative was this going against?
Old 02-14-2024, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Hey, if that were here (James Smith Cree Nation for example) you’d hear a lot of screaming about how shooter (or stabber) should’ve been in locked away somewhere, for which I agree, but when such a thing is pointed out here, it’s like a broken record. lol
Which part of your narrative was this going against?
My point is that the shooters always seem to have a history of mental issues, that many people were aware of, so the incident should have been prevented. But the woke will ignore that, and blame firearms, and attack legal firearms owners.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
My point is that the shooters always seem to have a history of mental issues, that many people were aware of, so the incident should have been prevented. But the woke will ignore that, and blame firearms, and attack legal firearms owners.
That I do not disagree with. However I am open to the idea that such a person cannot “legally” buy an ar 15 or any gun for that manner. I’m sure that makes me woke though.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:33 AM

Quote:
That I do not disagree with. However I am open to the idea that such a person cannot “legally” buy an ar 15 or any gun for that manner. I’m sure that makes me woke though.
I fully support keeping firearms away from people with known mental issues, but that is not what the woke governments like ours want, they want to disarm all citizens, using public safety as an excuse. Yet these woke government do not deal with the people that use firearms illegally, some criminals have several firearms prohibitions, yet are allowed to remain free, to provide a danger to the public. When you read media releases about the arrest of most repeat offenders, that possessed firearms, they already were prohibited from possessing firearms. So what purpose does it serve to issue another firearms prohibition, and another, and another?

This shooter also had previous convictions in addition to mental issues.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/12/us/jo...day/index.html

And if they had to wait for on duty police officers to arrive to stop her, more people may have been killed.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-14-2024 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:53 AM

Bad people do bad things. It’s a tale as old as time.

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 02-14-2024 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:10 AM

Default They failed to mention the

Shooter's husband is currently locked up in Florida a convicted child molester that happened to be Jewish. The media covered up the pro-Palestinian Gaza sticker on the AR15 stock and literature found in her home. The MIL should have called the police but did nothing. It was a political hate crime against the Jews by a wingnut.The 7 year old boy she brought to the shooting suffered a headshot in the take down and was in critical condition. This is bizarre from the get go.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Bad people do bad things. It’s a tale as old as time.
It’s really that simple and no matter what you ban someone with intent will find alternative options
Old 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM

Thousands of years ago we had all kinds of laws and like today all kinds of troubles.
A max security prison is most regulated ,policed place I can think of. Would you feel safe there?
Christianity is more about what's in your heart. What your intentions are. Not so much about what you do but why you did it.
If our culture is like Camden New Jersey then no amount of police is going to fix.
Eye for a eye just spreads hate. Look at both sides in middle east.
Hard to love my neighbor if I'm trying to get him back.
Hard to hate my neighbor if I pray to God to bless him. Even harder to hate him if I do something nice for him.
We eventually harvest what we plant. There is a comfort in the bad periods knowing everything is going to work out in the end.
This is worse than trying to explain what the great war was about in a paragraph
Old 02-14-2024, 01:04 PM

Old 02-15-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:

I think the vast majority of us would be shocked if we knew how many nutbars that fit this description are walking our streets. Just as your neighborhood parole officer...the stories they could tell. Short of locking them all up and throwing away the key what could make it preventable??
Old 02-15-2024, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I think the vast majority of us would be shocked if we knew how many nutbars that fit this description are walking our streets. Just as your neighborhood parole officer...the stories they could tell. Short of locking them all up and throwing away the key what could make it preventable??
In some cases, it comes down to locking them up for life, executing murderers also prevents them from reoffending, there seems to be more and more people convicted of murder, serving a short prison sentence, then they murder someone else.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
And still is or maybe wasn’t, hard to tell.

Last edited by BuckCuller; 02-15-2024 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Shooter's husband is currently locked up in Florida a convicted child molester that happened to be Jewish. The media covered up the pro-Palestinian Gaza sticker on the AR15 stock and literature found in her home. The MIL should have called the police but did nothing. It was a political hate crime against the Jews by a wingnut.The 7 year old boy she brought to the shooting suffered a headshot in the take down and was in critical condition. This is bizarre from the get go.
Most of the media reports I read of this matter described the Palestine sticker on the rifle. The MIL is claiming this incident had nothing to do with Judaism/Islam but that Moreno has a long history of mental illness, schizophrenia.

“We asked for help from (Child Protective Services). … We asked for help from police and received it many times but she was still allowed to own guns,” Walli Carranza said.

Carranza is the MiL, can find her postings on Facebook

Neighbors of Moreno claim they've tried to sound the alarm about her but nothing was ever done
Old 02-16-2024, 03:49 AM
Banned

Apparently He She was insame