Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2024, 11:39 AM

Default ArriveCan scam

PP called it ArriveScam. Based upon the auditor generals report it was and she pulled no punches. Even CBC has to report on it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/aud...ecan-1.7111043

Pierre was asked questions at the press conference about the app but then a reporter asked about the Bell layoffs and the reporter kept heckling and refusing to let him speak. His point… the reporter was a paid shill for the government via all the money the government was giving to the media outlets. Then said the facts. The government said the money was there to save jobs. Now that isn’t true as jobs are being lost so the only reason left to explain the handouts would be to have the outlets support the government.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-12-2024, 12:04 PM

It is interesting that the Liberals, Bloc and NDP shut down questioning in the committee that was looking at the ArriveCan app saying they found a document / letter presented by CBSA disturbing.

How long until the trail leads back to Liberal / Quebec firms and this whole thing is shut down and pushed aside like the COVID lab or COVID procurment contracts for masks that were sub-contracted to China via a ex Liberal MP run firm?
Old 02-12-2024, 02:20 PM

Angry Arrive Scam

Just another example of the Lieberals lining the pockets of their friends, and companies that support them Absolutely disgusting

When are Canadian voters and taxpayers wake up to the type of nonsense we have had to endure for the past eight year

Mr Conservation
Old 02-12-2024, 02:30 PM

From the report:

"As an example, the report estimates that the per diem costs for external ArriveCan contractors was $1,090, while the average daily cost of an equivalent internal position is $675."

$675/day seems like a lot for a room and 3 meals. Isn't that about what CPP pays a senior per month?

Gerry Burnie
Old 02-12-2024, 06:47 PM

This level of thievery only occurs because public hangings are no longer legal.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:01 PM

The sad part is that Singh and the Bloc have the power to end this insanity and yet continue to support it. I hope the people of this country remember this at election time and pull their heads out of the sand and vote wisely.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:35 PM

This is the liberal's, kept the "$16.00 Glass of Orange Juice" scandal along with the, the legacy media current for 4 months, prior to defeating the Harper government, in 2015

However the $58 million Arrivecan app scandal, the taxpayers funded legacy media and mouth piece for the PMO, costing Canadians About $1.5 Billion, barely report on this issue, because it upsets their "sugar daddy".

Another scam by the PMO, this concerning the arrivecan scam costing the Canadians, who really need this money, $58 Million that can't be used for those Canadians who really need this, but is allowed to flow into the PM's friends' pockets.
An App that was demonstrated by a couple guys, who did this in a weekend and estimated a cost of $80K, instead of the $58Million waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfyUOfaFvEk
Old 02-12-2024, 09:57 PM

Default Who the heck cares?

Seriously, yet another act of thievery piled on top of a mountain of the same...and how has the behaviors changed?

If misdeeds had repercussions, Turds skin would be burning right now, not crowing about how Polievre hates mother nature and boils puppies on weekends.

With a track history including Lavalin, Raybould, COVID repayments, gift vacations, carbon tax grab, the bath we'll be taking for TMX and I'm sure I have missed out a ton more yet nothing has changed. JagMeathead Singh is complicit as he could pull support and send Libs packing (but he never has)

And we all sit, wring our hands and say "Gosh that one was worse than the one before...golly"

So what does Turd need to do to fall out of favour, nothing has worked so far and he's done (by anyone's measure) quite a lot. Clearly stealing is no longer a crime. If Turd wants to break rules we should all be free to do the same, perhaps as an opener we could keep the transfer payments in this province.

It truly is a lop-sided relationship with the feds and will only stop when we put our foot down.
Old 02-12-2024, 10:45 PM

Chrétien government fell over the $14millions… Turd is bulletproof!
Old 02-12-2024, 11:15 PM

The question to put to liberals at the next election is “ Just what would Trudeau have to do for you NOT to vote for him?”
Old 02-13-2024, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The question to put to liberals at the next election is “ Just what would Trudeau have to do for you NOT to vote for him?”
He could announce that he was doing away with elections, to keep the liberals in power permanently, and some would still support him. He could announce that the government was taking ownership of all homes, and all vehicles, and would rent them to Canadians as they see fit, and some would still vote for him. He would probably have to sacrifice babies at an altar, to convince some of the woke not to vote for him.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He could announce that he was doing away with elections, to keep the liberals in power permanently, and some would still support him. He could announce that the government was taking ownership of all homes, and all vehicles, and would rent them to Canadians as they see fit, and some would still vote for him. He would probably have to sacrifice babies at an altar, to convince some of the woke not to vote for him.
Depends what the baby is, because if it's a white male....

It's become that bad.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:41 AM

I think there will be a big turn out of voters on the next election .
Its been years since i voted because i just don't follow politics .
Maybe this year i will and start with the alimentation trick .
Old 02-13-2024, 07:23 AM

They can't account for all the money over the app, never mind all the other scams, but can account for every dollar donated to the trucker convoy. When will the masses rise and say enough.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:27 AM

I wonder where, when and who actually built the original version of this app. Was it a finished app already that needed to be made to fit our needs, was it a basic framework that had to have extensive work, or was it built entirely from scratch. Yes the squandered millions, but who built it and when was it built. 60 million, I’m sure he spends that on lobster every year on our dime.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
They can't account for all the money over the app, never mind all the other scams, but can account for every dollar donated to the trucker convoy. When will the masses rise and say enough.
Isn't that the truth, they can even tell you where every cow with mad cow disease was born.....but when the money goes missing it's a different story.

Heads should roll over this, and people should be brought to justice.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC7stw View Post
I wonder where, when and who actually built the original version of this app. Was it a finished app already that needed to be made to fit our needs, was it a basic framework that had to have extensive work, or was it built entirely from scratch. Yes the squandered millions, but who built it and when was it built. 60 million, I’m sure he spends that on lobster every year on our dime.
I think you are on to something. No way they could have rolled it out as quick as they did.
I have always thought the Arrive Can program was about collecting Gst tax from individuals returning from abroad. Up until Covid that seemed to be CBSA biggest concern at the border.
John Ossowski was the president of CBSA from 2016 to 2022. Prior to that he was the deputy director of CRA. Anybody doubt the feds look for more revenue?
Imagine what it really cost if they are prepared to have us believe 60M?
Old 02-13-2024, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I think there will be a big turn out of voters on the next election .
Its been years since i voted because i just don't follow politics .
Maybe this year i will and start with the alimentation trick .
Not so sure, Canadians have proven to be very apathetic. Hard to believe that 16yr old's lied about their ages to fight in the World Wars and now we just take whatever is foisted on us. At least the alphabet people show up for stuff.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-13-2024, 10:36 AM

ArriveScam
It was the Conservatives fault.
Let the CBC's Liberal professional white washer Aaron Wherry explain it to you:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/arr...emic-1.7113057

Wow CBC, really earning your paycheques this week.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:52 AM

Since there is no risk of defamation for comments made in Parliament in Session, the solution for keeping this issue front and center is simple.

Seek the names of the Consultants who were getting paid to do nothing, and ask in Question Period why the SPECIFIC parties were paid to do NOTHING?

For impact, ask the Liberals to invite these people to speak to a House of Commons Committee on the overpayment, just like what happened to the Grocery Moguls, and recently the President of an Oil Company.

Drewski
Old 02-14-2024, 09:16 AM

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...n-app-to-show/

Old news. Modus Operandi for the lieberals. Any excuse to waste your money while benefiting their friends.
Old 02-14-2024, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
It is interesting that the Liberals, Bloc and NDP shut down questioning in the committee that was looking at the ArriveCan app saying they found a document / letter presented by CBSA disturbing.

How long until the trail leads back to Liberal / Quebec firms and this whole thing is shut down and pushed aside like the COVID lab or COVID procurment contracts for masks that were sub-contracted to China via a ex Liberal MP run firm?
Apparently as was reported they were shown a document that was “SCARY “
and that was the reason they had to suspend debate. Unbelievable.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:35 PM

From what I have seen, this may be the nail pulled which opens up the 'pandoras box' It has been uncovered that GC Strategies has been paid over $250M since twinkelsocks has been running the ****e show. One can only hope.

'The government vendor who received tens of millions of dollars to build the controversial ArriveCan app has received $258 million in federal contracts since Justin Trudeau came to office.

The Conservatives are calling on the Auditor General to investigate every contract and every dollar paid to GC Strategies.

La Presse reported Wednesday that GC Strategies has won approximately 140 federal government contracts totalling $258 million since 2015. The Department of Public Services and Procurement announced that all these contracts will be subject to review"
Old 02-14-2024, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
From what I have seen, this may be the nail pulled which opens up the 'pandoras box' It has been uncovered that GC Strategies has been paid over $250M since twinkelsocks has been running the ****e show. One can only hope.

'The government vendor who received tens of millions of dollars to build the controversial ArriveCan app has received $258 million in federal contracts since Justin Trudeau came to office.

The Conservatives are calling on the Auditor General to investigate every contract and every dollar paid to GC Strategies.

La Presse reported Wednesday that GC Strategies has won approximately 140 federal government contracts totalling $258 million since 2015. The Department of Public Services and Procurement announced that all these contracts will be subject to review"
Is anyone surprised? Like actually surprised? Nobody going to ride to the defence of corrupt lieberals here? Next election can’t come soon enough. Anyone think Tait will resign before the CBC lieberal propaganda machine looses funding?

Last edited by I’d rather be outdoors; 02-14-2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:32 PM

Pierre asks "WTF?" in the House of Commons..

https://x.com/WeAreCanProud/status/1...722721213?s=20

I really like that guy.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:13 PM

That WTF was priceless, right?! I loved it. Smiling like a cheshire cat as I am sure he knew he'd be reprimanded and he was chewing at the bit to state what he meant by it. Awesome!
Old 02-14-2024, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

I really like that guy.
Priceless! Pierre is steps ahead of those dumb Liberals.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

I really like that guy.
Well come on now… How else is blackface supposed to get $100k all inclusive Jamaican vacation packages?

Even what’s left of the lieberal supporters have to be sayin WTF at this point.

Pierre is just solid. Steady as she goes. Easy to win with these continual lieberal dumpster fires. At this point, I’m calling a Kathleen style party implosion the longer this goes without calling an election. Good riddance.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:21 PM

How come I've never found a bag with a quarter of a billion dollars in it? Or even a quarter of a million dollars? I'm pretty sure I found a quarter once.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
How come I've never found a bag with a quarter of a billion dollars in it? Or even a quarter of a million dollars? I'm pretty sure I found a quarter once.

ARG
You are looking at the wrong places…