Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2024, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It’s everywhere.

Here’s a video link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGP1hJJNstI

Trump doesn’t understand NATO members don’t owe bills. Nobody owes the US or NATO an unpaid invoice. Trump is like Biden and have gotten too old and doesn’t understand how this works.

US pays 3.5% of their GDP on military spending. They have always spent big and they have a large military and some major equipment to maintain.

US didn’t increase spending for NATO either. They’ve just been high to begin with.

But the way NATO is set up there are no freeloaders. US has always maintained a high spend rate for their military becomes they are active around the whole world. Other countries not to much. Money being spent is huge.

The EU and Canada are spending money like crazy on defence right now. Purchasing arms and equipment to provide Ukraine with the capability to defend against Russia… let’s face it. They are the reason we all spend money. To defend against Putin’s expansion plans. No other country sends nuclear capable bombers and fighters to test Canadian and American airspace in the Arctic.

Plus Canada spends a ton training other militaries and stationing troops in NATO countries.

We have contracts for military planes as well.

I’d like to see some navy ice breakers to patrol the Arctic.

If only Canada would spend half as much on our own Military ,the US and the rest of NATO might see us in a different light.

Maybe take some of the money earmarked for gender studies and abortions in third world countries and use that? Just spit ballin here, I know these are important issues for our dear leader.
Old 02-11-2024, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And yet Russia didn't attack the Ukraine, when Trump was in power.
Nor would they have if he was still in that office.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Nor would they have if he was still in that office.
Yeah but he has kind of a strong personality and he hurts feeling so there's that.
Levels of importance you know
Old 02-11-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Yeah but he has kind of a strong personality and he hurts feeling so there's that.
Levels of importance you know
We have certainly become weak.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Good thing we have you guys to watch over us and tell us what to think. Sheesh.
You're not going to try thinking for yourself, are you comrade?
You know what CNN would do to you?

I can't wait for the election campaign to really start. We may lose a few members to SHE (Spontaneous Head Explosion).
Old 02-11-2024, 12:03 PM

A number of media have finally called a "spade a spade" the last few days. They just called Trump a 'A-shole' so no use listening to anything a idiot says.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Now I know Trump isn’t sane.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-s...ough-1.6764435

He has continually moved more and more to the authoritarian leadership style. It’s like he wants to say to Putin… hey let’s just split up the world and do what we want.

He is making NATO conditional.. scary.

He doesn’t understand how NATO works. Countries don’t owe Trump or anyone money except for negligible costs for joint offices, research centres. That’s paid.

NATO is a protection pact and NATO has come to the US aid. After 911 NATO allies joined the attack on the Taliban.

NATO member commit to spending on their own Defense and these costs have risen since Russia attacked Ukraine. It’s an amount based upon GDP but not owed to another country or paid to NATO.

Trump has become dangerous and sadly while he is the better leader for Albertans perspective… this was downright wrong. Biden and Trump are both bad choices.
In reality NATO members came to defense of themselves. They had foiled attacks and or credible threats at the time on their own soil. They had to deal with threats emanating out of that part of the world.

As for funding within NATO, all the countries agreed upon the 2% as the baseline for a country to be a member.

In late 2017 early 2018 when Trump and Putin met, Trump said America First, Putin said I want to reunite the USSR. This was around the time the US was being told to remove troops from Germany and Europe. The decision was made to pull troops out of Germany. Denmark, Sweden and Finland all asked for the US to redeploy their equipment in their countries. Which a deal was worked out in 2023.

Trump told Germany not to cut their military as they had been doing massive reductions. Not a couple of years later here Europe was. Russia invades Ukraine. The storm ensues.
All those European countries who have been doing massive cuts for years, and asked for the US to leave changed their tune. Now they want to US to increase force size.
One day they want the US out and to stop policing the world, the next they want US protection and them to continue policing the world.
You cant win for nothing.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:09 PM

I for one think he's got a point, even if he lacks the vocabulary to express it properly.
I hate the fact that Canada's military defense is basically whatever the U.S. is willing to give us.
And now that pinhead Blair wants to cut the military budget by another quarter billion.
I guess if China or Russia ever decides they want our resources we'll go visit Biden in the dementia ward and ask for some more 'free' help.
God help us.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
We have certainly become weak.
Man alive there's so much truth to that it's scary. Gonna be an ass biter sooner than later. How many countries just sitting back waiting...

On a positive note we do have tampons in many mens bathrooms now. Bet the Donald triggers the users
Old 02-11-2024, 12:13 PM

And they’re off. Let the election games begin. Two great elections coming up. Who can lie cheat and steal the best. Media is so full of it why would anyone believe anything they say. Who gives you a warm fuzzy feeling? That’s right go with your gut. I pick trump and PP.
thank you.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
a bad name. Would you put your grandfather in charge of all your personal decisions? Well this is worse.

It doesn't matter what party, either way t=you get a guy in his dotage.

If there are Americans on here who want to change their name to "none of the above" I think that you can get elected.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Let’s be honest Biden would be walking in circles on the grass drooling
Old 02-11-2024, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I for one think he's got a point, even if he lacks the vocabulary to express it properly.
I hate the fact that Canada's military defense is basically whatever the U.S. is willing to give us.
And now that pinhead Blair wants to cut the military budget by another quarter billion.
I guess if China or Russia ever decides they want our resources we'll go visit Biden in the dementia ward and ask for some more 'free' help.
God help us.
I agree that Canada is basically freeloading off of the US when it comes to the military. And that’s wrong.

But right now the US get our resources for dirt cheap. Western Canadian select is $20 a barrel less than WTI. The gap was more than that not too long ago. If China or Russia wanted our resources… Well that’s just laughable. Ain’t gonna happen!

It seems to me that in some ways we freeload off of them… In other ways they completely take advantage of us.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
I agree that Canada is basically freeloading off of the US when it comes to the military. And that’s wrong.

But right now the US get our resources for dirt cheap. Western Canadian select is $20 a barrel less than WTI. The gap was more than that not too long ago. If China or Russia wanted our resources… Well that’s just laughable. Ain’t gonna happen!

It seems to me that in some ways we freeload off of them… In other ways they completely take advantage of us.
Definitely a two-way street between us and the U.S.,
but now imagine we offered nothing?
That's basically what he's talking about.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile Biden is unfit to handle classified documents , yet he is fit to be president?
He’s not. Nor is any plus 80 year old. Lol
Old 02-11-2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Definitely a two-way street between us and the U.S.,
but now imagine we offered nothing?
That's basically what he's talking about.
But in the big picture, we aren’t offering nothing. We get taken to the cleaners in other ways.

For what it’s worth, I would be cool with spending 2% of GDP on the military, especially with the way things are in the world now. I would like to see the bulk of that money spent on industry here in Canada. Rather than all these stupid public service jobs that bloat bureaucracy and don’t do anything, I would love to see a defence industry encouraged here at home. I don’t know how feasible that is. If we have to spend 2% on American goods and services, then I don’t like that.

I am not an expert on this. I’m sure there are people on this form that know a lot more than I do. But it’s my understanding that military defence in the United States is basically an oligopoly that isn’t pumping out the best equipment. The fact that a single drone got through US defences at a base in Syria last week and killed some servicemen there, should be a red flag.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:52 PM

Quote:
But in the big picture, we aren’t offering nothing. We get taken to the cleaners in other ways.
I didn't mean it was voluntary.
They exploit our resources and labour, and in return, we freeload off of their 'big brother' status.
It's not an arrangement I'm happy with.
I'd prefer to be much, much more self sustaining, but we're too far down the globalist road for that, I fear.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:54 PM

Quote:
And yet Russia didn't attack the Ukraine, when Trump was in power.
Or maybe Trumps presidency laid the ground work for the attack. Now Russia wants Trump back to finish the job as Trump, unlike true US, strong on military and law, seems to swing towards liberal favours that pass his pockets.

Remember… Trump was a registered democrat in 2001 and he seems to swim very well in the swamp, swimming to which ever party seems to make him richer.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
One has a working mind and actually speaks his thoughts. The other doesn't have a clue whether his diaper is full or not.
Old 02-11-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
One has a working mind and actually speaks his thoughts. The other doesn't have a clue whether his diaper is full or not.
I don’t know about that.

They appear equally confused. One just shouts out his confusion. The other mumbles it.

In the end they are still both confused and should be leading a cribbage tournament at the seniors home… not managing a nuclear arsenal.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2024, 01:02 PM

"If he gets in a second time people have to realize they will be bundling up little Bobby and sending him off to get fitted for a toe tag....."
you realize Canada and the US have been sending arms and ammunition to Ukraine right? to fight the Russians, right? are people too stupid to understand that puts us directly in war with Russia. Bobby is already pooched. and with ourtotal lack of defense so are our civilians. Turdoh has already handed us over, it just stands to be seen which language we need to start learning. or you. Id rather die fighting

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-11-2024, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Just another mad man is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somebody better hide the nuclear button if he is reelected, Biden would probably just forget where he left it.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-11-2024, 01:25 PM

Quote:

They don’t take advantage of us, we have pigeon-holed ourselves. We tried to have just one customer for our product. We won’t even ship across our own country to refine. We send bitumen to Texas and they send refined fuel to the east. Not because we make them, but because we are so stupid. The trans-mountain still isn’t producing as far as I know. How long has that been planned? Once again, our stupidity.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I don’t want to buy a truck.
You have one.
Anyone here have a problem with me phoning you up to take me places when I need to run errands?
Figured.
I should buy a truck if I want to go places.
If anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, expects you to walk I will create so much online anger they will rue the day!!!
Old 02-11-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
No doubt. Ask virtually any Russian and their wish would be for another Trump Presidency.
More than half of the US population likely has the same wish.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
If only Canada would spend half as much on our own Military ,the US and the rest of NATO might see us in a different light.

Maybe take some of the money earmarked for gender studies and abortions in third world countries and use that? Just spit ballin here, I know these are important issues for our dear leader.
There is for sure lots of wasteful spending in government and especially this Liberal government.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_49198.htm

I want to see a stronger Arctic naval and military presence.

At the same time the money spent to weaken Russia via Ukraine is military spending. It’s also a longer term benefit of destroying lots of Russian assets and huge personnel turnover. Russia has lost a number of senior staff. All goes a long way to stopping a military adversary from gaining more strength.

But ya. Lots and lots of wasted tax money.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
They don’t take advantage of us, we have pigeon-holed ourselves. We tried to have just one customer for our product. We won’t even ship across our own country to refine. We send bitumen to Texas and they send refined fuel to the east. Not because we make them, but because we are so stupid. The trans-mountain still isn’t producing as far as I know. How long has that been planned? Once again, our stupidity.
US has taken billions from Alberta via low prices and blockading pipelines.

I totally agree.

We pay higher prices for most US goods via higher country pricing.

We may be small potatoes being 1/10 their size but some have gotten rich off us.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:44 PM

Quote:
US has taken billions from Alberta via low prices and blockading pipelines.

I totally agree.

We pay higher prices for most US goods via higher country pricing.

We may be small potatoes being 1/10 their size but some have gotten rich off us.
Not the US, private individuals, and don’t kid yourself, Canadians are blocking pipelines for their own gain too. What do you think would happen to Paul Martin’s tankers that go back and forth to Saudi Arabia if Energy East happened? We can’t blame Americans for our own problems here in Canada.

We have lots of supply, and no demand is what sets the WCS, not America. If we had more countries competing for our oil what do you think happens to WCS?
Old 02-11-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Or maybe Trumps presidency laid the ground work for the attack. Now Russia wants Trump back to finish the job as Trump, unlike true US, strong on military and law, seems to swing towards liberal favours that pass his pockets.

Remember… Trump was a registered democrat in 2001 and he seems to swim very well in the swamp, swimming to which ever party seems to make him richer.
what sort of meds did they put you on? mine seem to be a lot less effective than yours maybe I could switch. I want to see the dragons too!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-11-2024, 03:11 PM

Quote:

BS to the core ,your meds need adjusting .