Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-21-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Does anyone actually believe that the inefficiency is not by design? As long as the system has been in operation, all inefficiencies could surely have been eliminated by now, if the RCMP/liberals had wanted to eliminate them. And when you consider that the system no longer processes handgun transfers, they should have had no problem catching up with PAL processing.
I find it very conspicuous that I kept getting rejections and and run around until I phoned through direct line for our Alberta CFO, and was told " yes, I'm bringing it up now, everything seems good . I'll process it and you shoukd have it within a short period "
It was less 2 weeks IIRC.
Cat
Old 01-21-2024, 10:08 AM

I renewed my driver's license recently.
It took 9 days total, including weekends and Christmas.
And they took the picture of me.

I'm going on 4 months of waiting for my gun license renewal. And I had to supply my own photograph at my own expense.

It's truly disgusting how useless this federal entity is.
By drawing a wage and performing so poorly, they are stealing from each and every one of us.
Old 01-21-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I find it very conspicuous that I kept getting rejections and and run around until I phoned through direct line for our Alberta CFO, and was told " yes, I'm bringing it up now, everything seems good . I'll process it and you shoukd have it within a short period "
It was less 2 weeks IIRC.
Cat
Just look at who runs the federal system, vs who our Alberta CFO reports to, that explains it all.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:59 PM

Default renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Grace period hardly!

You can’t take your firearms out of your dwelling, and you can’t buy ammunition or a new firearm.
Just checked on RCMP website--& it states 6 month extension on firearm license renewal from expiry by order in council , November 30,2017.
Old 01-21-2024, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titegroup View Post
Just checked on RCMP website--& it states 6 month extension on firearm license renewal from expiry by order in council , November 30,2017.
Conditions apply. Firearms can't be used, can't buy ammunition.
Old 01-22-2024, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Just look at who runs the federal system, vs who our Alberta CFO reports to, that explains it all.
That right there is the crux of the whole problem. All one has to do is look at the past comments from people like Rock, Cretian, and Trudeau and the problem is very clear
Cat
Old 01-23-2024, 03:18 PM

Default flawed system

what ever system the CFO officers and or office is using is deff flawed.My wife waited 15 months with continual calls and emails,Ive been waiting for 7+ months and the lady today told my youngest son his was sent for a final aproval and that could take between 12-14 more months as he has been waiting for 7 months as well.I wonder what a career would be like without ever being held accountable or never having to worry about answering why one would be allowed to work at the pase of a expired snail
Old 01-23-2024, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
what ever system the CFO officers and or office is using is deff flawed.My wife waited 15 months with continual calls and emails,Ive been waiting for 7+ months and the lady today told my youngest son his was sent for a final aproval and that could take between 12-14 more months as he has been waiting for 7 months as well.I wonder what a career would be like without ever being held accountable or never having to worry about answering why one would be allowed to work at the pase of a expired
snail
Were you calling the 9026 extension?
Old 01-23-2024, 07:08 PM

Default 9026

Yes we have been calling using the 9026 ext,diff person,diff story with usually a longer end result,almost ready to have my Lawyer write a letter asking for a explanation.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:24 PM

So my license expires in 14 months. So I should apply now? I'm expecting a fight even though there should not be one. I haven't done this in a while. Last time I mailed in application and was ignored for something like a year. Dirty filth would answer my phone calls. Take my name and put my on hold for probably half hour or some ridiculous amount of time and then eventually hang up without any words being said by therm or me.
Eventually that new Alberta firearms officer called me and I told her everything the RCMP was trying to do to me and she had my new card in the mail to me right away.
So am I dealing with her now or do I still have to deal with crooked RCMP?
Old 01-24-2024, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
So my license expires in 14 months. So I should apply now? I'm expecting a fight even though there should not be one. I haven't done this in a while. Last time I mailed in application and was ignored for something like a year. Dirty filth would answer my phone calls. Take my name and put my on hold for probably half hour or some ridiculous amount of time and then eventually hang up without any words being said by therm or me.
Eventually that new Alberta firearms officer called me
and I told her everything the RCMP was trying to do to me and she had my new card in the mail to me right away.
So am I dealing with her now or do I still have to deal with crooked RCMP?
You can't apply more than a year before expiry.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
You can't apply more than a year before expiry.
Thanks
I will wait another couple of months
Old 01-25-2024, 10:36 AM

Default FAC Renewal, Good news!

I just applied for my renewal on Jan 8th 2024 and just received mine in the mail today (Jan 25). The paper says it was issued on Jan 18th. I submitted online and its a non-restricted license. No contact and no problems.

There is hope for a speedy turn around!

Cheers
Old 03-01-2024, 09:05 AM

Default Renewal In Hand

Similarly to some others, I was one of the lucky ones. Submitted my non-restricted renewal online Feb 6th with a selfie following the instructions. The photo wasn't perfect so I wondered if they might want another one.

Received my card this week in the mail on Feb 27th.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:46 AM

Default Option

There was a recent post about a gentlmen having issuse getting a few firearms back from the RCMP or City police,he posted a number to a lady CFO in alberta.
I called her at that number and she had my PAL back within 10 days.Im not going to post her name or number,but her info is on this site.I suggest looking it up and calling her.Best of luck

Last edited by birdseye; 03-01-2024 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling