Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2020, 08:34 AM
Banned

Masks may or may not be as effective as they hope... but there is no definitive proof that they are detrimental.
I can’t believe there are those here who are politicizing their children.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
We're talking about little kids here, not adults.
Wearing a mask for 8 hrs will never be second nature to them.

You might be surprised if they're Spiderman, Paw Patrol or LOL doll versions.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
In Edmonton up to grade 3 not required to wear a mask. Grades 3+ are. No idea what the reasoning is for the cut off line.
The teachers don't know either, so don't ask us.

I get a kick out of how many outdoorsmen are secretly doctors and epidemiologists, but just never went into practice. You guys should get outside. It's gonna be winter before long.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Uh, yes. Explain to me how a grade 3 is so much more responsible than a grade 4 please.

Or perhaps you're saying kids in kindergarten to grade 3 can't contract or spread the virus.
This right here is proof positive that this whole notion that mask wearing is some kind of Saviour is nuts. Completely insane.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-16-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
This right here is proof positive that this whole notion that mask wearing is some kind of Saviour is nuts. Completely insane.
About as insane as claiming that thousands of protesters marching and shouting won't increase the spread of covid, if they wear masks.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post

I get a kick out of how many outdoorsmen are secretly doctors and epidemiologists, but just never went into practice. You guys should get outside. It's gonna be winter before long.
I've wondered the same thing. The top epidemiologists are saying one thing and our resident experts are saying the opposite.

I think I might just go fishing today instead of trying to figure out which one to believe...
Old 08-16-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:

X2
Old 08-16-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I've wondered the same thing. The top epidemiologists are saying one thing and our resident experts are saying the opposite.

I think I might just go fishing today instead of trying to figure out which one to believe...
Total Albertan Covid related deaths 220.
Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

Personally I just go with these numbers. Don't really need to go any further than that.

Just wish it was broke down a little further taking into account those with underlying health issues.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

Personally I just go with these numbers. Don't really need to go any further than that.

Just wish it was broke down a little further taking into account those with underlying health issues.
But things are ramping up. They said that in March, April, May, June, July, and now August. Getting tired of the lies.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-16-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
But things are ramping up. They said that in March, April, May, June, July, and now August. Getting tired of the lies.
Is fear mongering the word you are looking for?
Old 08-16-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Is fear mongering the word you are looking for?
Take your pick.

Like I said on another thread. You know it’s bad when they have to test you to know if you are sick.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-16-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:

The REALLY smart ones said it'd be all gone once the hot weather came.

Neglected to tell Florida, Texas, Arizona and pretty much anywhere else in the world that gets above 80F I guess.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
The REALLY smart ones said it'd be all gone once the hot weather came.

Neglected to tell Florida, Texas, Arizona and pretty much anywhere else in the world that gets above 80F I guess.
They go inside for the summer.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-16-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:

The reason is because the evidence shows kids 10 and under DON'T spread the disease. Between 11-15 is the age where they start being able to transmit but the research is debatable on what age that is.

https://www.pasteur.fr/en/press-area...dents-teachers
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:

My dad used to like to say “ blessed are they that go around in circles, for they shall be called big wheels”.
A lotta big wheels on this thread/ forum.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
The reason is because the evidence shows kids 10 and under DON'T spread the disease. Between 11-15 is the age where they start being able to transmit but the research is debatable on what age that is.

We are told something different everyday. SNS2 quips there are a lot of so called experts on this forum.

Well the true world experts on Covid are starting to contradict themselves and what they used to say about this pandemic in it’s entirety. If you can’t recognize that, grab yer helmet, cinch it on nice and tight. The short bus should be by in a few minutes for ya. Just make sure you put your mask on when on the bus.....

My own doctor says this is all a huge over reaction. Btw...
Old 08-16-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Did you read the original study and see that they noted that French schools were closed down February 14 for winter holiday, and the children never returned before they closed permanently March 1 due to covid? It's pretty easy to keep children infection free if they aren't in school.......
Old 08-16-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Did you read the original study and see that they noted that French schools were closed down February 14 for winter holiday, and the children never returned before they closed permanently March 1 due to covid? It's pretty easy to keep children infection free if they aren't in school.......
Oh Scott. You are so funny. There have been kids interacting in close proximity to one another all over town for months. Not only that, but daycares are operating. Everywhere. The head in the sand routine is quite funny.

-Billy Molls
Old 08-16-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Oh Scott. You are so funny. There have been kids interacting in close proximity to one another all over town for months. Not only that, but daycares are operating. Everywhere. The head in the sand routine is quite funny.
No head in the sand Chucky, the information is in the French study that he quoted. The authors themselves noted its limitations as the virus had only been in France for a couple of weeks prior to schools closing.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

So do you feel that kids wearing masks is going to cause a negative impact on your numbers???

Do you think these numbers would have been different without all the precautions that have been taken?
Old 08-16-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

They do take it down further. Go to Alberta website for covid, interactive app. From they interactive app go to comorbites. They break down the percentage of deaths with underlying conditions. Right now it's 2.8% of deaths were no other underlying conditions. That would 6 people so far.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:20 PM

Problem with the masks is they are not truly protective masks. If they were n95 then maybe they would help. There is a reason why they didn’t require everyone to wear masks off the start. Masks are going to be least of the problems. Cold season will be brutal for the dual income families where both parents work! Every cough, sniffle, sneeze means quarantine until tested.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
They do take it down further. Go to Alberta website for covid, interactive app. From they interactive app go to comorbites. They break down the percentage of deaths with underlying conditions. Right now it's 2.8% of deaths were no other underlying conditions. That would 6 people so far.
But if it saves just one life.......

-Billy Molls
Old 08-16-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Ages of those 6?

6 out of a population of 4.3 million!
Now that's a pandemic if I ever saw one
Old 08-16-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
So do you feel that kids wearing masks is going to cause a negative impact on your numbers???

Do you think these numbers would have been different without all the precautions that have been taken?
LOL. So zero will still be zero? Is that what you're saying?

Aside from no school life has been back to normal for quite some time, from everything I've seen anyways. Not much change in numbers is there?

Fall in line!
Old 08-16-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
LOL. So zero will still be zero? Is that what you're saying?

Aside from no school life has been back to normal for quite some time, from everything I've seen anyways. Not much change in numbers is there?

Fall in line!
Well, I just made my first trip to the city in a long time the other day. I can say that things are defiantly not back to normal. Lots of precautions being taken. I was forced to use hand sanitizer at almost every store, some demanded masks, others had the change rooms closed, partitions and lots of distancing. (But my rights! I feel so violated.)

I've also been on lots of rigs lately and stayed in a few hotels and work camps. I can say with all certainty that things aren't back to normal there either.

It seems like the precautions might be working. If not, it won't hurt.

Also when it comes to comorbidity. I just tried and I can't think of many people I know over 40 who don't have asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, COPD, obesity etc. some have multiple problems in that list so I'm not putting much faith in the numbers being as off as some are claiming.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Put this into a reply to you earlier but you obviously know better than the CDC and didn't bothervreading it.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...sing-1.5065759
Old 08-16-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Your kids going back chuck? No idea where in the south you are but for curiosity sake how many kids are in the schools your kid/s attend? Average classroom size?

No qualms about sending them back if you do?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Well, I just made my first trip to the city in a long time the other day. I can say that things are defiantly not back to normal. Lots of precautions being taken. I was forced to use hand sanitizer at almost every store, some demanded masks, others had the change rooms closed, partitions and lots of distancing. (But my rights! I feel so violated.)

I've also been on lots of rigs lately and stayed in a few hotels and work camps. I can say with all certainty that things aren't back to normal there either.

It seems like the precautions might be working. If not, it won't hurt.

Also when it comes to comorbidity. I just tried and I can't think of many people I know over 40 who don't have asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, COPD, obesity etc. some have multiple problems in that list so I'm not putting much faith in the numbers being as off as some are claiming.
Yep, everyone is putting on their little show for effect. That's about all it is.

It seems like the precautions might be working. If not, it won't hurt?
Hmmm.....that's how it all starts isn't it. Ban AR-15's. Might just save a life in Canada, it won't hurt.

If there was a good reason to go above and beyond with these precautions, that's one thing. But there isn't.....numbers don't lie

And all you friends over 40 need to take better care of themselves. I'm sure some of that is self induced. At the very least self isolate. Nothing wrong with that.

Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0
6 without underlying health issues (not sure of age)
Old 08-17-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
The schools were in a hard hit area, and it showed massive spread in the high school but little to no spread in the elementary. If it showed no spread in both places and the area wasn’t hard hit I could see your point. But the fact is the schools were open while the virus was spreading.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill