Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Default older model 12 slde release problem

have several model 12s and the slide release works with ease after the action is closed to oprn the action back up...on my new one I bought it only works but with difficulty ...anyone out their can help me with this problem?
Old 01-23-2019, 07:53 PM

Push the forearm slightly forward and press the action release button , they are designed so the recoil has this effect when firing
Old 01-24-2019, 07:08 AM

With it being new to you I assume you took it apart and checked for crud inside? The model 12 I got lately was like that but it had 65 years worth of grease and grime in there. Although now I can press the release easy, I still need to move the slide forward 1/16 of an inch then it’s free to come back. I’m going to test fire it before I say it’s an issue.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fps plus View Post
Push the forearm slightly forward and press the action release button , they are designed so the recoil has this effect when firing
I have had people ask me the same thing, and I tell them the same thing- I have never seen an older Winchester M12 act any different .
No issues when they are fired, but if using the slide release, you have to push the slide forward just a smidge to release it while pressing the button.
Cat
Old 01-27-2019, 01:40 AM

Default ok..thanks guys

shotgun was completly broken down and cleaned....although I have many other model12 shotguns this is the first one that I have had that needed to have the action moved upward to release the the action to work besides shooting in to release ..thanks for your input.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:20 PM

Default please remove

please remove