Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Wink Tossed Out Of The Gun Shop

I have a little Marlin Guide Gun that is beating me black and blue so yesterday I went in to the gun shop to buy a PAST recoil pad to help my dainty shoulder handle this fearsome little rifle.

So I walked up to this big friendly fella in the store and loudly proclaimed "I need a strap-on!" and he looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo or something and tried to ignore me. When I repeated my request even louder, he gives me all this attitude and leans over the counter and growls "Mister, I think you are in the wrong store..."

Well, I admit.. I got mad too. "Listen here, you bald headed furly," I bellowed, "If I want any attitude from you, I'll rattle my zipper..." and with that, he reached over and grabbed me by the collar! Then he got his other hand on the back of my belt and gave me the bum's rush out to the door! Once we got to the door I got tossed out and landed in the gutter in the street! Can you possibly imagine my chagrin?

In any event, it seemed there was some kind of misunderstanding and I ended up buying my recoil pad.

Any of you fellers recoil wussies? Have you used these recoil pads? Are they only good for the bench rest or do they work well in the field too?
Old 08-27-2008, 01:39 PM

Its like going into Sears and asking where they keep the 'Thongs' and gettin brough to the underwear section when all ya want is a pair of flip-flops.....
Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 PM

Ever since i've been the champ!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty P. Bucket View Post
I have a little Marlin Guide Gun that is beating me black and blue so yesterday I went in to the gun shop to buy a PAST recoil pad to help my dainty shoulder handle this fearsome little rifle.

So I walked up to this big friendly fella in the store and loudly proclaimed "I need a strap-on!" and he looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo or something and tried to ignore me. When I repeated my request even louder, he gives me all this attitude and leans over the counter and growls "Mister, I think you are in the wrong store..."

Well, I admit.. I got mad too. "Listen here, you bald headed furly," I bellowed, "If I want any attitude from you, I'll rattle my zipper..." and with that, he reached over and grabbed me by the collar! Then he got his other hand on the back of my belt and gave me the bum's rush out to the door! Once we got to the door I got tossed out and landed in the gutter in the street! Can you possibly imagine my chagrin?

In any event, it seemed there was some kind of misunderstanding and I ended up buying my recoil pad.

Any of you fellers recoil wussies? Have you used these recoil pads? Are they only good for the bench rest or do they work well in the field too?
Hilarious story........say it's not true lol.

Quote:
"Mister, I think you are in the wrong store..."
lol

I wouldn't pretend to know anything about strap on's (then why do I think your story is hilarious?)......my equipment has been surgically altered. Stock equipment removed and replaced with high tech rubber. The operation was quick and painless. Now I don't have any back/blue marks to explain.

Nope I don't know anything about Past pads.......I've got a sized-to-fit limb saver installed and I'm go to use it for the first time tonight. I too am a recoil wussy...
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mm12g22lr View Post
Ever since i've been the champ!
Hahah...I says 'Pardon?'
Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
river_runner

Quote:
I had to read it twice almost didnt make it thanks Rusty P. Bucket i have to go wipe the tears from my eyes from laughing too much
Old 08-27-2008, 08:18 PM

Rusty, you limp wristed fawn wacker!!! All I can say is you finally got what was coming to you. I'm ****ed off that he beat me to it. Beware!!! I'll corner you yet!!!

Bobby B.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Hmpfff!!! The Great and Powerful Rusty P. Bucket does not shoot mere fawns, you hateful old cretin!

I seem to remember two world class bucks, shot two years in succession. If only I had pictures to counter your awful accusations!

Well, I went out to the range last night with my trusty saddle gun and some evil full power loads that have been fermenting in the ammo locker for some time. I have the cheap limbsaver recoil pad on the gun, and the PAST recoil pad on my dainty shoulder and now the rifle is manageable with hot loads. I am zeroed in and ready to put down another big one again this year.

I wonder if Bob's ego bear up as great success in the field continues?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Listen Rusty,

I know you grind your deer into burger.....so.....All I'm going ask is whether or not you've finally shot one big enough to make a double patty hamburger. I have a couple of photos I'm trying to post on this site. And you know the ones!!!

Bobby B.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM

Bob you swine, I paid you good money to destroy those photos!!!

Good luck to you and your gang this year, Bob. Are you going to do any waterfowling this year?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM

Rusty,

You know I always keep my word, I did burn the photos. Of course you also know how devious I am, I did have copies. So you best tow the line, pal!!!

Bobby B.