Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-07-2020, 09:12 PM

Default Glock Vs Springfield

Looking at getting a 10mm pistol as I'm fortunate enough to live where I can carry one while out walking around the woods. Seems like the 2 options are the Glock 20 and Springfield XDM. I've shot Glocks for years but only the 19 and 22, never the 40. Only shot one of the original XD's in .45ACP. Does anyone here have either of these pistols in 10mm? Thoughts on either? Both are getting harder to find due to this upcoming election but I imagine by the time I'm ready to buy I'll be able to find one, one way or another.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Another option, *IF* you can find one is a Sig p220 Legion in 10mm. I had an opportunity to shoot one once, and it was a beast.

Disclaimer: I am a die-hard Sig fan. But that thing really was well made, reliable and accurate like you expect from a Sig.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p220-legion.html

https://youtu.be/GQjLlXG5OTs

Or if you can find an Elite....

https://youtu.be/U8znYP12MLs

I can't speak to the others, never shot them. There is also the Colt delta, also hard to find and pricey. But I'd look for a Sig to try anyway.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-07-2020 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Another option, *IF* you can find one is a Sig p220 Legion in 10mm. I had an opportunity to shoot one once, and it was a beast.

Disclaimer: I am a die-hard Sig fan. But that thing really was well made, reliable and accurate like you expect from a Sig.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p220-legion.html

https://youtu.be/GQjLlXG5OTs

Or if you can find an Elite....

https://youtu.be/U8znYP12MLs

I can't speak to the others, never shot them. There is also the Colt delta, also hard to find and pricey. But I'd look for a Sig to try anyway.
Owned a 220 extreme in .45 but sold that this spring. I do like the pistol but was looking for a striker fired. What’s the capacity in the 220? 8-10 rounds??
Old 09-07-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Owned a 220 extreme in .45 but sold that this spring. I do like the pistol but was looking for a striker fired. What’s the capacity in the 220? 8-10 rounds??
Eight round, but you can get extended mag holds 10, same as for the .45 ACP. I have a couple for mine, I wouldn't want to carry the extended. Just too much hanging out to get caught on a coat tail.

I've owned 2 striker fired guns, now all mine are sigs with a hammer and de-cocker (other than my x5 which is SAO). But, I did admit upfront, I'm a fan.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-07-2020, 10:36 PM

I have handled an xd in .45 but never fired one. I personally prefer ergonomics of the glock as it fits my big hand better. I think the aftermarket support for the glock is better if you like to tweak things. A lot of people run heavier springs in the 10mm so that is something to consider. Not quite what you’re looking for but I have a g29 that I absolutely love, it’s been perfectly reliable with everything from mild factory loads to near nuclear level reloads, and surprisingly shootable in the small package.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:36 AM

I have a G-20, good carry gun. A Glock is a Glock. Also have a .40 conversion barrel for target practice. The 10mm gets a little hard on the hands if you put too many rounds through it at the range.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytop B View Post
I have a G-20, good carry gun. A Glock is a Glock. Also have a .40 conversion barrel for target practice. The 10mm gets a little hard on the hands if you put too many rounds through it at the range.
Is your 20 the short frame regular or long slide?
Old 09-08-2020, 10:51 PM

I have an XD 40. It fit my hand like a glove. The Glock didn’t, that’s why I went with the Springfield
Old 09-09-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Is your 20 the short frame regular or long slide?
It's the old regular frame. Gen I?
Old 09-10-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytop B View Post
It's the old regular frame. Gen I?
Gotcha. I had a gen 1 glock 19 a decade ago.