Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Haha really? It is legal to leave a gamefish on the ice and whitefish and only keep walleye and pike...? I highly doubt that. So if you see wolves attackign your deer you can shoot them, let them rot but take the deer home. Your redneck logic is RIDICULOUS, also rediculous.
Read the regs....yes burbot are a gamefish, yes there is a take home limit, and yes you are ALLOWED to waste them but ONLY burbot.
We don't make the rules...and I have never a left a burbot to rot but it is legal to do so!

LC
Old 09-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Haha really? It is legal to leave a gamefish on the ice and whitefish and only keep walleye and pike...? I highly doubt that. So if you see wolves attackign your deer you can shoot them, let them rot but take the deer home. Your redneck logic is RIDICULOUS, also rediculous.
HaHa, yes really. You should really read some regulations. Fishing and hunting. What is RIDICULOUS, is how uninformed you are about what is legal and what isn't. Read the part in red.

Game fish
57(1) No person who is in possession of a game fish shall allow its
edible flesh to be wasted, destroyed, spoiled or abandoned.
(2) This section does not apply to
(a) burbot,

(b) fish caught or held under the authority of a research
licence unless specified otherwise in conditions attached
to the licence,
(c) the disposal of fish at the direction of a fishery officer,
(d) fish that undergo taxidermy, and
(e) fish kept under a fish culture licence.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
For somebody who clearly isn't entirely educated on the regs regarding burbot, you sure come off high and mighty...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-18-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I didn't know you were a conservation officer... Priorities that you should be concerned about are yourself. Start with yourself. Then you can actually start changing people. Prioritize your family, health and other actually important things than ratting people out and belittling them. I have seen many fishermen do things on the lake that are from this forum that are frankly hypocritical such as... keeping fish until they catch a bigger one and then throw the smaller one out.
You make it sound like being a CO is a bad thing...

As an outdoorsman I believe it is your duty to to protect our watershed, our fisheries and ensure the fair and proper enforcement of our laws. If people just acted properly and not selfishly like you suggest there would be no need to 'rat' anyone out and we would not have the problems we have now.

I hope Parent is charged to the fullest extent of the law and gets everything he deserves.