Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 PM

I understand the zebra mussels thing , But come on I don't think it the little 12 ft car topper boats . All these lakes are fed by cannels so whats going to stop the zebra mussels from entering via the cannels. well that to bad used to like fishing the west end in my car topper .
Old 06-22-2019, 08:24 AM

We went out last weekend. One of the cement pieces is heaved up and my trailer caught on the darn thing. And there was some loser in a plaid shirt trying to pretend he was on the phone with the guy who gives you the code but he wanted us to give it too him for some reason!!! Idiot. We never did and another boat leaving did not either. *****s come to this country and ignore the rules. Caught one walleye and a couple pike. There is now way this lake can sustain the retention rules Alberta Fisheries has placed on it.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurshot71 View Post
I understand the zebra mussels thing , But come on I don't think it the little 12 ft car topper boats . All these lakes are fed by cannels so whats going to stop the zebra mussels from entering via the cannels. well that to bad used to like fishing the west end in my car topper .
Take it up with the SMRD they control all the canals and lakes Doing a good job too IMHO
Old 06-22-2019, 08:02 PM

Well then maybe the SMRD should put a stop to all tournament fishing going on in all these lakes if they want to stop any issues with Zebra Mussels. I would like to think all tournament boats that go everywhere & Out of province & down south are a bigger risk . Than a local with a 12footer car topper. Looks like ill need to talk with the SMRD and see what they say .
Old 06-22-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurshot71 View Post
Well then maybe the SMRD should put a stop to all tournament fishing going on in all these lakes if they want to stop any issues with Zebra Mussels. I would like to think all tournament boats that go everywhere & Out of province & down south are a bigger risk . Than a local with a 12footer car topper. Looks like ill need to talk with the SMRD and see what they say .
All boats are supposed to be checked at the border, even tournament boats.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.