Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Default Alberta PC's Play "Old White Guy" Race Card

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/edmonto...rd-in-campaign

As an "Old White Guy",,, this just gives me more fuel to vote WildRose,, The PC's just don't know when to shut their gob!!!

VOTE WILDROSE!!!

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 PM

Default Yep.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu9er View Post
http://news.ca.msn.com/local/edmonto...rd-in-campaign

As an "Old White Guy",,, this just gives me more fuel to vote WildRose,, The PC's just don't know when to shut their gob!!!

VOTE WILDROSE!!!
Sealed it for me.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

I read and was thinking about posting this article as well.

First the PC played the "fear" card. Then they played the "vote for the candidate and not the party" card. Now, it's the friggin race card???? C'mon, really?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Gone Hunting

Does anybody know what questions thyat Leger Poll asked that suggested it was now a dead heat???....I always suspect anything the Journal and Herald are involved with, funny every other poll is different than theirs???...
Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Banned

Divide and Conquer.... Liberal speak all the way around. From the PC party of Alberta.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Does anybody know what questions thyat Leger Poll asked that suggested it was now a dead heat???....I always suspect anything the Journal and Herald are involved with, funny every other poll is different than theirs???...
That is good Hal. I buy the Journal for my 86 year old father.

Even old fogies are scratching their heads on what the heck is going on in this election.

That Journal is not even trusted by old folks any more.

Even old folks have access to different media sources these days.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned

PC's are dead. What a sad and pathetic joke they've become. It will only be the absolute mindless die-hards that stick it out with them.

Hilarious that they go after middle aged white guys. Never mind the fact that the party is being led by a lady. (I hasten to add a nice lady, not a dancing cow) Just in case they didn't get the memo, middle aged white guys still make up a pretty significant demographic here in Alberta. Do they think they're campaigning in downtown Toronto or something?

The PC's could have plucked the dumbest kid in any grade 7 class and had a more effective campaign strategy.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
That is good Hal. I buy the Journal for my 86 year old father.

Even old fogies are scratching their heads on what the heck is going on in this election.

That Journal is not even trusted by old folks any more.

Even old folks have access to different media sources these days.
My apologies, didn't mean anything by it, but to me it was somewhat suspect when they said the WR lost 6 points, outside of Edmonton and Calgary, and it looks like the support went to the Liberals????...doesn't seem right, Glad your Dad is taking an interest in the election....very glad
H.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 PM

The PC's also oppose any voter-led referendums on issues.

I thought the idea of a referendum was to determine majority rule on an issue. I dunno, but isn't that also known as "democracy"?

The PC's just keep spiralling out into far left field.

One good thing comes of this - people ought to be getting a clearer picture of what the PC Party has become. If the Party name did not have the word "Conservative" in it, nobody would think they had anything to do with the idea of "conservative".
Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
The Calgary Herald biased? Scroll down the page to the different political parties and look at the picture under "Wildrose".

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/politics/index.html

Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
The PC's also oppose any voter-led referendums on issues.

I thought the idea of a referendum was to determine majority rule on an issue. I dunno, but isn't that also known as "democracy"?

The PC's just keep spiralling out into far left field.

One good thing comes of this - people ought to be getting a clearer picture of what the PC Party has become. If the Party name did not have the word "Conservative" in it, nobody would think they had anything to do with the idea of "conservative".
C'Mon Rocky, I think we should give her a chance, she has only been Premier for 6 months after being duly selected by a democratic process ? remember 19% of the PC's voted for her on the 1st ballot ( and a 107 million dollar bribe with the tax payers money helped a little bit), she has instituted some legislation that we have been crying for years to get, and runs a heck of a campaign ( except for that 23 year old Twitter expert).....LOL!!!!!:thinking-006Signed
Old White Haired Guy
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 PM

7 billion dollars in campaign promises and going strong ....... Alison sure does like spending my money.

Time for a change:
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Default As Hunters...

we have all heard the death moans and watched the final flailings of a passing animal . This is what happens when a political party gets over run with special interest groups looking for our money ... example? Teachers union ... and the $100 000 000 promise to support Redford . Pure greed on both sides shows me who has the power in the province ... if you ask me the current PC party has been fleshed out and gutted by the left ... mommy Redford wants nothing more than to run the party face first into the ground ... it actually seems like the plan ... calling all old white males racists . Huh ? sad so very very sad ...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 PM

REDford says she is "frightened of the Wild Rose".

Everybody who supports the WR or is thinking of supporting the WR, I have news from our Fearless Leader:

We are all Spooky Dudes.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Banned

Just have a look at this lowlife, middle-aged, white, male BIGOT!!!!

Redford's newest strategy is being called a "A PC Hailmary" by political analysts. I don't understand the logic of alienating the middle-aged, white male vote but there hasn't been allot about Redford's campaign that I have understood. It would appear to me that this is just another gaff by the gang that couldn't shoot straight that I'm used to seeing almost everyday. "BANG" Redford shot herself in the foot again and has handed the media yet more ammo to use against her.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM

Wizard of Oz up in here.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Just have a look at this lowlife, middle-aged, white, male BIGOT!!!!

Redford's newest strategy is being called a "A PC Hailmary" by political analysts. I don't understand the logic of alienating the middle-aged, white male vote but there hasn't been allot about Redford's campaign that I have understood. It would appear to me that this is just another gaff by the gang that couldn't shoot straight that I'm used to seeing almost everyday. "BANG" Redford shot herself in the foot again and has handed the media yet more ammo to use against her.

she 's correct , your fathers pc party is the wr .

not sure of the strategy either , but it is what it is .

she figures there are enoug "soft ' pcs in the cities to support the "new ' pc' 's is my guess ??
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

Just a theory but I think that she's given up on trying to convince true Conservatives that she is one and she's trying to steal some Liberal/NDP votes.

.........Or, it's just another brainfart.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Fixed it for her.

redford3.jpg

Last edited by AxeMan; 04-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Fixed it for her.

Good one!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:

First the PC played the "fear" card. Then they played the "vote for the candidate and not the party" card. Now, it's the friggin race card???? C'mon, really?
All this rhetoric from the woman/party who pledged, at the beginning of the campaign, to take the proverbial 'high road' and 'keep it about the issues'... Their word means nothing to them and they ooze condesention. I don't think I've been so mad at a political party's campaign since the federal Lieberal's series of attack ads that included, the 'imagine, guns & soldiers in our cities' garbage...

The PC's have lost their way, worse than people know. Come election day, they need to go, in a big way.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
My apologies, didn't mean anything by it, but to me it was somewhat suspect when they said the WR lost 6 points, outside of Edmonton and Calgary, and it looks like the support went to the Liberals????...doesn't seem right, Glad your Dad is taking an interest in the election....very glad
H.
New forum research poll coming out later today has Wildrose at 43% and PC at 31%....and ya I agree with you Hal the Herald and the Journal for sure have a tilt to the left, I think theres going to be a bunch of new poll #'s out today I bet they confirm the latest Forum #'s
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
The Calgary Herald biased? Scroll down the page to the different political parties and look at the picture under "Wildrose".

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/politics/index.html

Wow....and above that, they use a deliberately unflattering picture of Danielle Smith.

Nope, no bias there HD, you're just being paranoid.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted canuck View Post
Wow....and above that, they use a deliberately unflattering picture of Danielle Smith.

The Sun has been doing the same thing here in Calgary.
Kinda funny actually.

HOWEVER.. This latest ploy is just BS. In fact it has made my wife want to vote WR now.

Once again, what ever you guys in Edmonton can do to help is needed.

As well, anyone notice the similarity between the PC strategy and the federal Liberal strategy?????

Jamie
Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 AM

I wish more Albertans were paying attention to what a bunch of idiots are in goverment now. It will be interesting to see what the voter turnout is.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:

LOL OMG, there have been about 100 more unflattering pictures of Redford, half of them posted here with comments about how unattractive she is. I think in this case you ARE paranoid. Can't have every pic of Smith done in a photo studio. She has to open her mouth or blink occasionally.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
I wish more Albertans were paying attention to what a bunch of idiots are in goverment now. It will be interesting to see what the voter turnout is.
That will be the key. Last provincial election the turnout was less than 42% if I remember correctly? With that degree of apathy, I guess we got the government we deserved, but I'm hoping that the WR can really mobilize all it's supporters to get out and drop a ballot in the box. My daughter has been going out door knocking for the past week or two, and has really developed a feel for speaking to people, encouraging the WR supporters that they need to be voting. Hoping they get the majority.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

you guy 's are really graspign at straws with this . . .

there are no pictures on the ballot 's
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
LOL OMG, there have been about 100 more unflattering pictures of Redford, half of them posted here with comments about how unattractive she is. I think in this case you ARE paranoid. Can't have every pic of Smith done in a photo studio. She has to open her mouth or blink occasionally.
Yeah, Oko, but Redford is nasty looking, that can't be helped! You can't get a good picture of her, it's like expecting Joe Pesci to be tall.....It's easy to get a nice pic of Smith though, I managed with my cell phone. I'm not paranoid though, I just get a kick out of media bias, 'We don't make up the news, we just report it....' my ass.

And I am the guilty party who started the picture comparison thread. Though I don't feel guilty.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
That will be the key. Last provincial election the turnout was less than 42% if I remember correctly? With that degree of apathy, I guess we got the government we deserved, but I'm hoping that the WR can really mobilize all it's supporters to get out and drop a ballot in the box. My daughter has been going out door knocking for the past week or two, and has really developed a feel for speaking to people, encouraging the WR supporters that they need to be voting. Hoping they get the majority.
i view a low turn out differently . could you imagine if they made it mandatory to vote ?? the $300 bribes, would have a way bigger influance.

I think the 42% or whatever the average are that vote are the one that actually take time to reserch, watch debates and participate in the whole thing . they vote because they take interest , care , and are for the most part informed . all imo . .