Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-06-2022, 09:01 AM
Shooting Xs

Default 6BR. Norma

Thought I'd start a new thread to keep 260's thread's more on point and keep the any potential for load data confusion from happening.

So, fast twist, slow twist loads or anything else you think may be worth adding to the discussion feel free to post.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:38 AM

I read once that if a 1:8" 6mmBR is loaded with 30 grains of Varget and a 105 whatever bullet and it won't shoot - it's not the gun LOL!
Seriously though, owned 5 of them so far in different actions I have found it probably the easiest loading cartridge I have ever worked with.

Had really good success with the AO donation rifle with 4895 as well, the first day we had it out several shooters shot better with it than with anything they tried before. One fella was grouping under 2" at 600 meters, and I ran it out to 1K in a Hellish wind condition and put 5 under 1MOA with it there.
Seems really easy to load as far as ogive length goes as well, I pretty much start everything at 1.840 from the ogive, but I have only shoot 105's and 108's with my rifles and all had long 1:8 barrells except for one of Ron Smith's gain twist jobs..
Cat