Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-06-2016, 10:01 PM

Default group draws on alberta relm

tried for the last two days to put group draws in for antelope and mule deer.wont let me put it in.anyone else having problems? and if so how to fix or who to call.thanks
Old 06-06-2016, 10:13 PM

I did some group draws last night. No problem at all.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:16 AM

What kind of problems? I put in group draws for mule deer, antelope and moose without any problems.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:22 AM

not to derail the thread, but how does a group draw work? do you get priority faster or is it so you can all hunt under one tag?
Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 AM

You do not get priority faster. Up to 4 can put in for a particular draw. The draw is based on the lowest priority. So if you are a p4 and someone in your group is a p2 and that's the lowest of all of you that's the priority that it's based on. You maintain your individual priority but the group is based on the lowest. Hope this makes sense. Sounds better in my head then typing it out.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:55 AM

If your group gets drawn every one in that group gets their own tag.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
not to derail the thread, but how does a group draw work? do you get priority faster or is it so you can all hunt under one tag?
It's a single fee for multiple people....lowest single priority of the group members represents the whole group, if the group is drawn everyone has their own tag and everyone's priority is set back to zero.

With the exception of moose/bison/youth partner tags....there is no "party" hunting allowed in Alberta.

LC
Old 06-07-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
It's a single fee for multiple people....lowest single priority of the group members represents the whole group, if the group is drawn everyone has their own tag and everyone's priority is set back to zero.

With the exception of moose/bison/youth partner tags....there is no "party" hunting allowed in Alberta.

LC
For bison then can you add a partner after drawn? Actually I am not supposed to get Bison draw statistically for another 75yrs ; )

Or if you Party submit a draw will you get two tags?
Old 06-07-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerhunter View Post
For bison then can you add a partner after drawn? Actually I am not supposed to get Bison draw statistically for another 75yrs ; )

Or if you Party submit a draw will you get two tags?
Yes you can add a partner after drawing bison, like you can for moose and certain youth draws.

I was talking about partner tags.

IF DRAWN, you can designate a partner.

LC
Old 06-07-2016, 01:04 PM

After I hit add to cart it goes back to draw menu.without anything in the cart.tried multiple times.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:

LC
Excellent, I was always wondering why anyone would want a group draw but this makes sense to me now... thanks for the input
Old 06-07-2016, 01:40 PM

Default group draw on albertarelm

Try giving the ReLM help desk a call at 1-888-944-5494 - they'll assist in figuring out if there's an issue with your AlbertaRelm.com account. Don't wait until the last days of the draw like I did last year...it gets really busy.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:55 PM

Thanks.will do
Old 06-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
After I hit add to cart it goes back to draw menu.without anything in the cart.tried multiple times.
Last time I had that I found out that one of the people in my group had applied for another draw so it would not process the group draw....just something to check out as well.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:19 PM

Maybe someone in your group already did their draw application or maybe someone might be ineligible???
Old 06-07-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Has anyone that you are trying to enter already applied for that draw code, or another draw code that makes them ineligible for this draw?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:16 PM

No one in the party would have applied.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:

LC
Three of us put in a group App for Moose and it worked... maybe i am understanding your post incorrectly?? Party hunting... meaning no group applications, or meaning its not one tag that all members can try to fill? This was my first year ever doing a group application so it is new to me.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc77 View Post
Three of us put in a group App for Moose and it worked... maybe i am understanding your post incorrectly?? Party hunting... meaning no group applications, or meaning its not one tag that all members can try to fill? This was my first year ever doing a group application so it is new to me.
First...how do you define party hunting?

To me that's when multiple hunters are hunting an animal only one of them holds a tag for.

If three put in together and all are drawn, all three get their own tag. Unless you hold a partner tag it's illegal for another Hunter to shoot an animal and tag it with your tag. You have to shoot your own animal.

LC
Old 06-07-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
I just went thru it - once you select the draw you want from the list. In this case I selected Antlerless White Tail Deer in 160, click the blue button that says confirm choices, then there are three boxes on the next page - one for draw application details the next is Choice detail for zone/season then the third is Group Member Details. In that box is a button (in blue on my computer) that says Add/Edit Group Members - actually it just shows as text and it will take you to a page where you can add group members. You will need the WIN # and date of birth for those that you wish to enter into the group, once you entered all the info click on Submit at the bottom and carry on - group entered!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Ones you are back to menu go to the bottom of this page and hit Go to cart on the right and you should be in checkout section with all your info right there.

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 06-08-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrackdreams1973 View Post
You do not get priority faster. Up to 4 can put in for a particular draw. The draw is based on the lowest priority. So if you are a p4 and someone in your group is a p2 and that's the lowest of all of you that's the priority that it's based on. You maintain your individual priority but the group is based on the lowest. Hope this makes sense. Sounds better in my head then typing it out.
Just wondering as well about the group draws, I understand that lowest priority governs with a group draw but with that said whats the point of a group draw then? If the lowest priority is going to get drawn then obviously every priority thats higher will as well so why not just have everyone put in as a individual? Everyone would get drawn anyways wouldnt they?
Old 06-09-2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crblair View Post
Just wondering as well about the group draws, I understand that lowest priority governs with a group draw but with that said whats the point of a group draw then? If the lowest priority is going to get drawn then obviously every priority thats higher will as well so why not just have everyone put in as a individual? Everyone would get drawn anyways wouldnt they?
Not always. They have a specific number of licenses to assign to a WMU. It often means that when 2 people with same priority apply, one may get a tag, and the other won't, because they've hit the max number of tags to assign. If everyone applies as a group, they either all get a tag each, or nobody does.

If you check the 'draw success' tables, you'll see the percentage of draw applicants that got drawn within any priority.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:29 AM

Got it guys it was a network problem on my end.thanks.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Not always. They have a specific number of licenses to assign to a WMU. It often means that when 2 people with same priority apply, one may get a tag, and the other won't, because they've hit the max number of tags to assign. If everyone applies as a group, they either all get a tag each, or nobody does.

If you check the 'draw success' tables, you'll see the percentage of draw applicants that got drawn within any priority.
Hey Thumper, not entirely correct. when the draws are done and the last envelope is drawn, there is a provision that if it is a group draw and all the priorities are good then the tags will be issued as an overage. it will be marked as that and there will be 3 overage tags issued. But i also assuming that for example priority 2's were at 100% then everyone in the draw will get them. there is more than likely exceptions.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Got it guys it was a network problem on my end.thanks.
Was it a slow internet connection? I am having the same problem
Old 06-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberman View Post
Was it a slow internet connection? I am having the same problem
Such a slow connection you're reading posts from 2016.....
Old 06-12-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crblair View Post
I like to use group draws for things like camp wainwright and southern Alberta mule deer hunting. Let’s say only 30% of the priority 4’s are getting drawn. I like to ensure that if I’m going on a trip, my whole party gets drawn and can hunt together. So if we are all priority 4 or higher, we would put in for the draw and either all get drawn or not. If we applied individually, there’s a chance that some of our group might not get drawn.

Other than that, I just use it to build priority cheaper. Better to be able to apply for 4 people for one fee on draws we have nowhere near the priority to draw yet than to pay the fee individually.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinjoels View Post
Other than that, I just use it to build priority cheaper. Better to be able to apply for 4 people for one fee on draws we have nowhere near the priority to draw yet than to pay the fee individually.
This is what I mainly use the group draw for. Especially now with the kids hunting, it's really a useful feature.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthedream View Post
Maybe someone in your group already did their draw application or maybe someone might be ineligible???
Thank you sir, that's what happened when i went to go back for my oldest son who just did his first year of draws. I thought it would be good to partner up on the mule buck draw i'll put in for. I can see that since i started his priority building why now it wouldn't let me.

I would love to know if i can add him as a partner after i get drawn though? I see only moose/bison come up on the partner thing so far in this thread?