Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Listening to the video sounds like automatic gunfire could've been the police firearms....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyz View Post
No police in Canada have automatic rifles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
With all due respect...Your point?
I think his point is, contrary to another post, that the police did not have automatic rifles.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:04 PM

Explosive devices located at the scene were collected & detonated at the local landfill by RCMP bomb techs.

I'm perfectly fine with the suspects names & the types of firearms they used being released in due time as the investigation progresses & allows. Far be it from me to rush such things & risk the integrity of the investigation to advance my own political desires!
Old 06-29-2022, 11:04 PM

Witnesses saying they calmly milled around waiting? They left explosives in the van so they were not intended to be used in the robbery? The police are having difficulty identifying them? The ERT team just happened to be in area? I doubt they were more heavily armored than the ERT yet they were able to injure 6 of them? This description in the Vancouver Sun "A man with dark hair, wearing motorcycle boots, body armour, hockey pants and a military jacket with a Canadian flag on the shoulder, was seen lying motionless in the parking lot outside the bank. His body was surrounded by what appeared to be discarded tactical police gear." sounds like an odd disguise. Plus all the questions about why rob a bank in today's digital world...

If we were in a different country or it was a larger city I would say this was an attack targeted towards police. But that just seems so odd. Will be interesting to hear the answers to these questions.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:05 PM

Well done RCMP. Hope those injured recover soon.

Another great example of how Canada differs from the US.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:45 AM

Default wrong

Quote:
No police in Canada have automatic rifles. All their carbines are semi auto only, that includes the ERT.
MP5's and C8
Old 06-30-2022, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
MP5's and C8
I have no idea where they are these days, but for the 1988 Olympics, Calgary Police had MP5/10’s (10mm Auto MP5’s)
Old 06-30-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post

Just what point are you trying to make? In this incident only the criminals were killed, but in the wake of the Nova Scotia shootings, we know that isn't always the case.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
With all due respect...Your point?
The person I quoted said the automatic fire heard could have been the Officers, un true and just perpetuating more anti gun propaganda for the Libs.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post

From the video isnt that Victoria police?
RCMP were late to the scene,I wonder did they set off the emergency alert?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
The person I quoted said the automatic fire heard could have been the Officers, un true and just perpetuating more anti gun propaganda for the Libs.
Ok Thanx...
Old 06-30-2022, 08:22 AM

One police officer still in ICU.

Fingers crossed for fast improvement.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-30-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I think his point is, contrary to another post, that the police did not have automatic rifles.
maybe they did, depending on what branch of the RCMP was conducting exercises full auto carbines may have been on scene. a few years ago I was at my favorite range at the same time a SWAT member was getting in some range time. 308 sniper rifle and a short barrelled M4 type carbine, maybe 10-12" barrel. it was definitely full auto.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Don't want to start a ruckus
Just curious as to why suggesting the officers had automatics is "perpetuating more anti gun propaganda for the Libs"

The police have armoured vehicles, body armour and explosives I would be surprised if they didn't have fullauto ?
Old 06-30-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Don't want to start a ruckus
Just curious as to why suggesting the officers had automatics is "perpetuating more anti gun propaganda for the Libs"

The police have armoured vehicles, body armour and explosives I would be surprised if they didn't have fullauto ?

Might be wrong but I didn't hear any autos firing. Just semi rifles and handguns and from the video I watched there were 6-7 cops along with a dog that made an entrance from the side. All were carrying handguns from what I could discern.

Not sure why it matters what the police were carrying. Imo they should always be armed to the extent that they're packing more/bigger/faster than anything/anyone they might encounter.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:01 PM

6 or 7 guys firing at once would sound like full auto to anyone not familiar with the sound. Your average citizen could not distinguish sounds of different firearms even under ideal conditions.
I used to camp across the road from a sheriffs training centre in Arizona and tried to pick out the different sounds on a busy afternoon, it was all popcorn popping to the wife.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:54 PM

Default 10 witnesses

10 different versions of events..............common.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am just hoping that nobody tries to use this incident to promote a political agenda.
They will. You know it and I know it and the non-woke know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Good to see it was full on and that the two *****s are no longer walking the face of the earth costing tax payers money to house, feed and cloth.
Soon their snivelling families will come along with, "....but......but..... they were really Good Boys who didn't know what they were doing because of our dirty rotten society so its someone else's fault! They didn't deserve to die!"

Lawsuits are next. Ask any lawyer.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
From the video isnt that Victoria police?
RCMP were late to the scene,I wonder did they set off the emergency alert?
Saanich Police and Victoria Police along with the GVERT - Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team. GVERT made up of members from both departments.

They may have arrived later, but location is not in the jurisdiction of the RCMP, so they would not be the first responding agency.

Mr Conservation
Old 06-30-2022, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Just what point are you trying to make? In this incident only the criminals were killed, but in the wake of the Nova Scotia shootings, we know that isn't always the case.
Great point. Thx for sharing.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
Bad situation. They maybe just needed gas money? Who knows the motive but with inflation and the high cost of living combined with peoples mental
Health after living two years with restrictions and lock downs involving isolation I am concerned these volatile incidents will become more common as people become more desperate to provide for themselves and their families.
Do you seriously think this cowardly act was to feed their family??? "Gas money, inflation, cost of living and mental health", it looks like you are quoting a liberal writer for the CBC trying to justify criminal activity.

Absolutely nothing in what you mentioned is a reason or excuse to load up with the intention of killing people, which is what these people did.

There is NO excuse for these actions.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-01-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Absolutely nothing in what you mentioned is a reason or excuse to load up with the intention of killing people, which is what these people did.
Seems to me that if these individuals "load(ed) up with the intention of killing people", scores of people would be dead.

Last edited by Trochu; 07-01-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
It's quite obvious that if these individuals "load(ed) up with the intention of killing people", scores of people would be dead.
They certainly had the opportunity to shoot the unarmed victims in the bank, yet didn’t. They had no hesitation to shoot at the police though, perhaps there was an anti-police aspect to the whole thing?

I’m curious if they even had any loot from the bank & actually wanted to get away, or if it was all just an elaborate ruse to engage in a kamikaze gun battle with the police?

Remember that North Hollywood bank robbery & shootout in the late 90’s? That one had some intense footage, particularly from the helicopters.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They certainly had the opportunity to shoot the unarmed victims in the bank, yet didn’t. They had no hesitation to shoot at the police though, perhaps there was an anti-police aspect to the whole thing?

I’m curious if they even had any loot from the bank & actually wanted to get away, or if it was all just an elaborate ruse to engage in a kamikaze gun battle with the police?

Remember that North Hollywood bank robbery & shootout in the late 90’s? That one had some intense footage, particularly from the helicopters.
I was wondering that also. Hostage said they had lots of time to leave but never. And even had they'd been caught it's not like they would have done a pile of time anyway, so why mess around and get in a big shootout with cops?
Old 07-01-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I was wondering that also. Hostage said they had lots of time to leave but never. And even had they'd been caught it's not like they would have done a pile of time anyway, so why mess around and get in a big shootout with cops?
Think anyone will ever figure out with any certainty what goes through the minds of criminals?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-02-2022, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Be interesting if they actually release their names for obvious reasons.
I don't know what you mean but their identities are here:

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/p...hers-1.5971829
Old 07-02-2022, 01:37 PM

There are a few things about it that don't make sense, but, given the act committed to start with, they probably never will. Lots of things humans do, don't make a lot of sense to anyone outside the mind of an individual(s) concerned in a situation.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:39 PM

I guess that explains how they managed to find some like-minded enough to do such an awful thing….

As for the obvious firearms questions because we know those will be used against us all: Did they have licenses? Did they acquire them illegally? Did the guns lawfully belong to their Dad & they took them?

Last edited by CaberTosser; 07-02-2022 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:18 PM
Banned

A tour of Isaac’s Instagram account (now deleted) gives a pretty good insight into his interests/ideology. There is no sound in the video except from videos that the author clicks on.
Also, likely the firearms that they were in possession of during the robbery.

https://youtu.be/JnBl5szW_Qw

Last edited by HunterDave; 07-02-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:25 AM

According to a close personal friend they were legal gun owners

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...nk-robbery-in/

The SKS will be added to the naughty list very soon
Old 07-03-2022, 09:05 AM

Yes, more ammunition for the antis again. Cue up the pearl clutchers.

'SEE?? They are all law abiding gun owners till they aren't! Ban guns!'

Which has the same weight of logic as saying all motor vehicle operators are sober and responsible drivers until they are drunk, so ban all automobiles.

Very strange what happened there, by all appearances it didn't really seem to be a bank robbery so much as something else.

I truly hate being blamed and punished for what other people do.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone