Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 07:38 PM

Default CZ

The CZ rifles are well know for there extreme accuracy and beautiful stocks,and has an amazeing following in alberta,i have the 455 22lr-17hmr with good glass its a gophers worse nightmare,I use mostly the 36gr win 550 bulk 22lr and rarely use the 17 hmr barrel ,ammo cost of course is a factor,keeping in mind that the 22lr is very effective out to 100m,putting thru 3000 to over 4000 rds a season another point comes to mind and not often mentioned is the ejectors ,they rarely fail,even with very hard usuage--Of course i have used many models of 22lr over the years,and ejector failure ,a very annoying problem,anyone looking to purchase a gopher rife for hard usuage believe me the cz worth the higher cost, the extreme accuracy and reliabilty is worth a lot in the field.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 PM

My CZ rimfires have all produced very good accuracy, but if I want extreme accuracy, my Coopers have been a little better, and my Anschutz rifles have been better still. CZ excells in providing a lot of quality for the price.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:54 PM

I've had my CZ452 for 10 years now, It's one of two rifles that won't ever get sold.
Installed a Yo-Dave trigger kit on it which was the only upgrade needed on that rifle.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 PM

Neither of my two rimfires are a CZ. However 2 is too low of a population so maybe I can justify buying a CZ for the Anschutz and Norinco to have a friend. My wife rarely buys my logic.
My go to big game rifle is a CZ 550 UHR and I love it. The wood is beautiful even though I have added some battle scars and It is accurate. It provides a great workout if I carry it all day - What a tank.