Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM

Default shipped action received

Some of you were interested in the process of shipping actions to the US for rebarreling so I will post the progress of my project. My plan is to ship two actions to Hart Rifle Barrels in the New York for rebarreling. Have them ship the rebarreled actions to a friend of mine in the US. Have this friend ship to Harry Lawson Co. in Tucson for stock work. Have Harry Lawson ship back to friend and, finally, to have friend ship to me here in Edmonton.

The actions were shipped together with a PAL and Firearm Registration form for the one action not belonging to me and a POL and Firearm Registration form for the action belonging to me. The parcel arrived at Hart Rifle Barrels yesterday. Karen Hart informed that there would be a 16 week turn around time.

Bobby B.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 AM

Glad to here it's coming together Bob.

There are no absolutes
Old 11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
sheephunter

Thanks for the update Bobby....I'll be interested to see how they deal with the paperwork to get it back to you. Keep us updated. I emailed them and asked that exact question but haven't heard back yet although it does say on their web site that they ship to Canada. Sure there is a way around it but be darned if I could figure it out.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 AM

I know guys that have imported barrels, actions ands scopes. There is a link on CGN that shows how to apply for the proper permits.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
sheephunter

Ya, importing is a hassle but can be done. You can even import entire firearms through a broker (sakoalberta had a great thread about that process on this board) but I could never figure out a process for shipping a gun/action down and then getting it back. As you already own it, it's different than trying to import a gun you bought from the U.S. The folks at ATF are anything but helpful.......

I'm sure a big company like Hart has a method but man I'm curious to know what it is. Man, if anyone thinks our gun laws are scary, they should try dealing south of the 49th.