Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2018, 02:25 PM

Default 2 more in custody

Little further away but not far enough for comfort. Within an hour and a half.
Now if they charge and convict then add a year per $1000 loss or damage to the 2 cruisers and 2 stolen vehicles it would be a good start. Make it stick!!

Elk Point RCMP arrest two after ramming of police vehicles
Elk Point, Alberta – On Jan. 15, 2018 at approximately 12:30 a.m., Elk Point RCMP were on patrol and located a suspicious car and truck in Frog Lake at a gas station.
Officers in two separate police vehicles activated their emergency lights while approaching the vehicles. The truck then rammed one police vehicle head on and proceeded to collide with the second police vehicle while it fled from the gas station. The car also fled the area while the collisions occurred. No one was injured.
Police located the truck nearby as it lost control and hit a stop sign. Two occupants of the truck then fled of foot but were later located and arrested without incident. The car was later located abandoned and the suspect(s) in that vehicle are still being sought by police as the investigation continues. Both vehicles were previously reported stolen.
Kannan Desjarlais, a 21-year-old male from Cold Lake was charged with:
• Flight from police
• Possession of stolen property over $5000.00
• Mischief (x3)
• Fail to comply with court order (x2)
At the time of his arrest, Kannan Desjarlais was wanted for failing to attend court from a previous charge in Vermilion, Alberta. He was also charged with several offences under the Traffic Safety Act and remanded into custody. He will be appearing in St. Paul Provincial Court on Feb. 1, 2018.
Billie Wheaton, an 18-year-old female from Cold Lake was charged with:
• Flight from police
• Possession of stolen property over $5000.00
• Mischief (x3)
• Fail to comply with court order (x2)
She was remanded into custody and will be appearing in Cold Lake Provincial Court on Jan. 24, 2018.
If you have information about this incident, please call the Elk Point RCMP at 780-724-3829 or call your local police. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS (check your local Crime Stoppers www.crimestoppers.ab.ca for instructions).

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-24-2018, 02:56 PM

Looks like the one guy got 21 days for the last go round.

https://lakelandconnect.net/2017/05/...-police-chase/

Hopefully this time it will be more.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:00 PM

No consequences.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-24-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
No consequences.
Seems to be a theme with these repeat offenders....
Old 01-24-2018, 03:20 PM

So they rammed two police vehicles and were not charged with assault with a weapon, or even attempted murder. What a farce our legal system is, these criminals should be behind bars for years.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:22 PM

Nothing more than a hiccup in the life of a scum bag. Personally I believe the cops should have shot them. Intentionally ramming a cruiser with lights on is nothing less than an attempt on an officers life. Body bags save tax payers money
Old 01-24-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So they rammed two police vehicles and were not charged with assault with a weapon, or even attempted murder. What a farce our legal system is, these criminals should be behind bars for years.
I completely agree. Bad people have a hard time re offending when they are under lock and key.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
I completely agree. Bad people have a hard time re offending when they are under lock and key.
The only ways to prevent habitual criminals from re-offending, is to either keep them in custody, or execute them. I am expecting that we will be seeing these names again and again , in regards to future charges being brought against them.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:13 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks Ken!!
Like knowing what is going on in the hood!
Old 01-25-2018, 06:53 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
The only ways to prevent habitual criminals from re-offending, is to either keep them in custody, or execute them. I am expecting that we will be seeing these names again and again , in regards to future charges being brought against them.
Ya but these hammer heads also prey on each other and usually end up missing one dead....even bad guys can't tolerate bad guys...turf wars etc

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-25-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Vehicular assault is a justifiable shoot, I hope the RC's had a good reason not to because they should have! (Unsafe backstop etc, if it was just woods or open prairie behind they should have ventilated the degenerate that was driving)

If it could have been a good shoot and the officer didn't, that should be a reason to terminate them. Can't have officers who are too hesitant to do what's necessary to ensure public safety. If the courts won't take care of the issue then other means will have to suffice. It would be the courts to blame anyways with the way they keep the revolving door going, these people should have been in jail already, only the judges are to blame for that. Heck, I think the morons have motorized the damned revolving door to keep its speed up.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:21 PM

Same old story over and over again. I feel for the Police/RCMP, they're likely more frustrated with this than anyone. Arrest a total scumbag, couple weeks later he skips court and is out ramming another RCMP member's cruiser, and is likely to receive a slap on the wrist and be back at it in another few short weeks.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
When they are under lock & key, the cost to keep them well fed and housed is astronomical and a drain on the tax dollars of law abiding citizens. Do away with repeat offenders whom cannot be brought back into a law abiding and productive, caring community.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
When they are under lock & key, the cost to keep them well fed and housed is astronomical and a drain on the tax dollars of law abiding citizens. Do away with repeat offenders whom cannot be brought back into a law abiding and productive, caring community.
So what's your position? Do you think they can be "brought back into a law abiding and productive, caring community"?

Based on their status as repeat offenders, I would think that ship has sailed.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:58 AM

They should look at sending repeat offenders to prisons in other countries to save costs.
Russian gulags or Mexican prisons for repeat offenders would be a serious deterrent rather than the "3 month" 6 week long badge of honor sentences in our catch and release system.
I say badge of honor because its actually a status symbol to go to jail for gang members.