Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 10:02 AM

Default Furnace Guy in Edmonton

I have to pay someone, so it might as well be someone I like.

Not looking for a deal, just want some work done.

Lennox Signature Series 13 years old. Both green lights flashing steady, but no power at the Thermostat that I can see. Bought a new thermostat, but suspect that the gas valve is done, or the blower assembly packed up.

Ignitor is not sparking, but it could be a hot dog style ignitor.

Also have a dead gas fireplace that I think needs a thermocouple, so might as well get that done as well.

PM me if you are interested in some work.

Drewski
Old 02-21-2018, 10:07 AM

Your gas fireplace issue is most likely the light switch that turns it on. The very small DC current produced by the thermopile needs clean switch contacts or it won't pass enough current to operate the gas valve. Change out that light switch (it will have thermostat wire to it rather than the 14/2 type used for 120v) and that should fix up your fireplace. Of course it could also have a bad thermopile or dirty pilot light, but for the $1.20 part and the 10 minutes it will take its worth the effort.

Too bad I'm not up there, I'd been working on a commercial boiler room there until recently, even have my Edmonton business license!