Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Sales will boom for them coming up. I was an ASM there for a while and could give out as many $25 gift cards as I wanted even the supervisors could. We knew if we gave yoy 25 you would be back and spend way more so we won. No different than the grocery freebie. Most buy way more than what they need to get an item that the store cost is low anyways and the vendor is also subsidizing. Buyer beware it is all with a reason you dont even hear about.
Only works if you aren't shopping there already. If I already shop there, I am not spending more using a gift card no?

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 01-08-2018, 06:02 PM

Not true. Company I was at before that tracked all the gift cards and the amounts people spent. People in the store use to claim people spent way more than the 25 buck cards and we didnt track. Once we started tracking purchases we gave out even more. People bought all kinds of stuff they really didnt need If I recall the avg was around 200 bucks per. We used to tell customer service to send then to all. Lol.

Superstore is no different. People will buy way more than that and what they need. Just like the free item. I hear my 85 yr old inlaws talking about spending their 250 bucks to get a free 10 dollar item. They really only needed half of that but they want that freebee.

Some people are good but the statistics dont lie. I dont like it at all. They will make it back and a bunch and look like heros not the bandits they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
Only works if you aren't shopping there already. If I already shop there, I am not spending more using a gift card no?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Not true. Company I was at before that tracked all the gift cards and the amounts people spent. People in the store use to claim people spent way more than the 25 buck cards and we didnt track. Once we started tracking purchases we gave out even more. People bought all kinds of stuff they really didnt need If I recall the avg was around 200 bucks per. We used to tell customer service to send then to all. Lol.

Superstore is no different. People will buy way more than that and what they need. Just like the free item. I hear my 85 yr old inlaws talking about spending their 250 bucks to get a free 10 dollar item. They really only needed half of that but they want that freebee.

Some people are good but the statistics dont lie. I dont like it at all. They will make it back and a bunch and look like heros not the bandits they were.
I guess we are different then. We always shop with a list and hardly buy anything that’s not on the list. Gift card is like money and I don’t even think about it until I get to the check out. I guess that’s also why I never understand when people say they spend more with credit cards. Credit card is a way of paying not a way of spending. I decide how I pay when I get to the check out no earlier. I decide in the aisle what I need/want regardless of how I pay for it. My credit card is also set up to pay automatically from chequing account. So it’s always paid in full every month.
I guess that’s not how most people think.

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 01-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomama View Post
No they are not. Do some research before posting....

I just applied for my card and all it says is that you are free to participate in any class action lawsuits, however if you do, the $25 dollar amount you already claimed will be deducted from you class action amount awarded to you.
I said it's a beef not a fact. Learn English will ya.......
Old 01-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Banned

If someone came to you police in tow telling you theyve been taking a litre of fuel from your vehicles for11 years now, but heres a $25 gift card to Esso would you be eccited? Give your heads a shake this company and all the rest should be investigated as i can assure you bread isnt the only thing they pricec fixed and theyd still be doing it if not caught. When will people wake up and realize corporate entities are using and abusing us everyday they are the enemy governments are just puppets who work for them!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:54 AM

Will Ottawa give us mambo gift cards for fixing the prices of ag products for decades?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:04 AM

For every $1.00 raised the food bank is able to purchase $5.00 worth of food
How do I know?
My son just finished a fundraiser for the food bank at Christmas.
His leadership teacher asked each student to do one good deed.
He decided on the food bank

His goal was $200
He raised 397.70 Which was given to the food bank on dec 22/17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Any donation is great.

However $25 at a retailer is worth close to $25 in goods.

$25 cash at a wholesaler shopping smart they say can be worth 2-10X more in value.

We heard this at our fundraiser and volunteer event this fall. So you can use the $25 at SS...donate $25 cash and it is like you buying them $50-$250 in food. They can buy goods near end of shelf life or excess supply for dirt cheap from wholesalers. Users still get good food.

http://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/give/#DonateFunds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1236.jpg (58.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 08:58 AM

While cash donations to food banks certainly have greater "purchase power" at day's end, any and all donations are appreciated. However you might choose to do it (give $25 cash in lieu, donate the card directly, buy an extra $25 of food and donate that), everything helps. I'm on the Board of Directors of one of our local Food Banks, and I am constantly in awe of the generosity of so many folks in our community. Thanks to those who have graciously agreed to donate.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:36 AM

Its quite a ploy to just pony up $25 to anyone who wants it. I hope everyone takes advantage. its also a way to get everyone's information by the way.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiebobbie View Post
Its quite a ploy to just pony up $25 to anyone who wants it. I hope everyone takes advantage. its also a way to get everyone's information by the way.
They’ve already said they won’t use it for marketing. If people who have previously not received their promotional material suddenly start getting it, I’m sure they would say something
Old 01-27-2018, 08:59 AM

Anybody actually get their gift card(s) yet?
Old 01-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCats View Post
Anybody actually get their gift card(s) yet?
I haven't heard a peep out of them since registering and receiving an email confirming registration.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:17 AM

I wonder if we'll see even bigger gift cards from the other players in the bread cartel, Sobeys, Wal-Mart, Costco and Metro? I also wonder if the competition bureau continues to dig and finds that these mega-corps have been fixing prices on more than just bread will we see even more gift cards in the future? Better a gift card to put food in my refrigerator than a fine payed to the government.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:29 AM

Not sure if the question has been asked yet, Has the price of dropped since these crooks were caught red handed?
Old 01-27-2018, 01:29 PM

Default give them your identity

for 25$ lets put all your info. on the web.birthdate address etc to fill out the form, wonder if that info. gets hacked and then your identity gets sold/"stolen" seems not worth it.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Not sure if the question has been asked yet, Has the price of dropped since these crooks were caught red handed?
I haven’t noticed any difference.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:17 PM

What's all the fuss about? Government fixes food prices all the time.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Banned

They can keep it. I go to the grocery store to buy meat. This says everything.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
They can keep it. I go to the grocery store to buy meat. This says everything.
Ya, it says your a terrible hunter
Old 01-27-2018, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Ya, it says your a terrible hunter
I’m not disagreeing, too busy making money these days😁
Old 01-27-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerman View Post
for 25$ lets put all your info. on the web.birthdate address etc to fill out the form, wonder if that info. gets hacked and then your identity gets sold/"stolen" seems not worth it.
You don't think that information is already out there to be hacked?
I can promise you that your address and a lot more are already stored on several servers.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:42 AM

Thanks Sundance.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:38 AM

Received mine today

free money is good money
Old 02-21-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Received mine today

free money is good money
Right On, I had forgotten all about this and didn't have muchfaith in it happening.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:53 PM

I also received mine. Woohoo.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM

Default not for me

happy to say that I have not yet been back in a superstore.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmai View Post
happy to say that I have not yet been back in a superstore.
If you don't think the other stores have done similar to cheat you and I out of extra $ you're foolish.