Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2019, 09:23 PM

Default Amazing back country experience

I just wanted to give a shout out to horse powered adventures, which is based out of the black diamond area. We just spent 5 days camping about 5 k into the Bob Creek Wildland park. Non of this would have been possible without the support of these guys bringing our gear in on a wagon. We also had our daughters ride saddle mounts provided by them. If anyone is looking for a great backcountry experience please reach out to them. They also bring hunting groups into areas in the fall as well. Check out there website.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newell View Post
I just wanted to give a shout out to horse powered adventures, which is based out of the black diamond area. We just spent 5 days camping about 5 k into the Bob Creek Wildland park. Non of this would have been possible without the support of these guys bringing our gear in on a wagon. We also had our daughters ride saddle mounts provided by them. If anyone is looking for a great backcountry experience please reach out to them. They also bring hunting groups into areas in the fall as well. Check out there website.

You sound like you are an owner in the business!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2019, 10:27 AM

That was not the intention, I am not an owner just a very satisfied customer who wanted to spread the word.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_of_6 View Post

I can 110% assure that is not the case. In fact, he did something very cool with his girls and you decide to crap on it?
Isn't the sharing of new experiences part of this place? Kind of a Richard head post.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:

That was my impression too, and the forceful implication is that if you don't choose these guys you probably won't have a good camping experience. Now normally some one would tell us what they saw, did, or provide pics, leaving it open for others to ask, well what guides did you go with.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:42 PM

Ok
I did not intend to to give the impression that you can only enjoy a back country experience if you use these guys, I also did not want to cause any negative backlash for them either. What we did was camping plain and simple. We did not have any guide or outfitter with us. It was a drop camp and I used all of my own gear. Our activities consisted of hiking, playing baseball, glassing for animals and spending time as a family. Hopefully this clears things up, and please keep it positive as I had no intention of diminishing other peoples experiences.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the post. Seems like it could be great for the family.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:13 PM
Banned

Newell.. What in the hell are you doing apologizing to these guys for?
You have to say sorry because your post about your girls doesn't give them the warm and fussy feelings they have come to expect? I didn't know there was a set of rules or standards to follow when trying to share a experience.

What a bunch of BS. I for one am just grateful you shared that. Thanks.

I would love to see some pics. And I must say your girls must be a tough set. Foothill/Mountain camping in April isn't for the faint of heart. Too cold for this Cowboy.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:17 PM

How did you guys get he was pushing anything from an owners standpoint? Forceful implication?

I got from his post, we did a cool thing and these guys supported our endeavor. Give them a shout if your interested in doing the same.

That's what I read.

Sounds like a fun time newell, moose hunting at our back woods wall tent camp are some of the best memories I made with my son and friends.

Going in by horse and wagon to the boonies and camping sounds like a awesome trip.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:18 PM

Good for you! Getting out and enjoying the great outdoors! Thanks for the Post!
Quote:
Ok
I did not intend to to give the impression that you can only enjoy a back country experience if you use these guys, I also did not want to cause any negative backlash for them either. What we did was camping plain and simple. We did not have any guide or outfitter with us. It was a drop camp and I used all of my own gear. Our activities consisted of hiking, playing baseball, glassing for animals and spending time as a family. Hopefully this clears things up, and please keep it positive as I had no intention of diminishing other peoples experiences.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Newell.. What in the hell are you doing apologizing to these guys for?
You have to say sorry because your post about your girls doesn't give them the warm and fussy feelings they have come to expect? I didn't know there was a set of rules or standards to follow when trying to share a experience.

What a bunch of BS. I for one am just grateful you shared that. Thanks.

I would love to see some pics. And I must say your girls must be a tough set. Foothill/Mountain camping in April isn't for the faint of heart. Too cold for this Cowboy.
^^^^^this^^^^^

BW
Old 04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Banned

I’m guessing 4 people? From their price list that would be a $6000 trip?
Old 04-26-2019, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the post. Lots of guys looking to get hauled in on here. Also a few losers in this thread lol.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:35 PM

Yes I enjoyed the read but the 2nd post not so much, also would be nice to see some pics, thanks.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=boah;3968313]I’m guessing 4 people? From their price list that would be a $6000 trip

Nowhere near 6k I think you are looking at the price for there fully guided horse adventure camps for kids. We were 2k for 6 of us.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:42 PM

Thanks guys
I have never posted pics but would be happy to do that if I can get it figured out.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:

LOL WOW, guy has a good experience and decides to share it with the rest of us and this is the first response he gets?? Nice work.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=newell;3968320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
I’m guessing 4 people? From their price list that would be a $6000 trip

Nowhere near 6k I think you are looking at the price for there fully guided horse adventure camps for kids. We were 2k for 6 of us.
That’s very reasonable.
I was looking at the backcountry adventure horse drawn wagon prices. $300 /person/ day
Old 04-26-2019, 06:57 PM

This place is starting to be a joke. Guys can’t even post about a good experience without having accusations thrown at him.

Thanks for the info, sounds like quite the adventure.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:14 PM
Banned

YEP...Let the members of AO crap on each other...it happens everyday..Best NOT post your pictures, you'll get criticized for anything, the horse isn't smiling, looks like the horse has gas etc etc etc...Sorry for some of the jerks on here
Old 04-27-2019, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
How did you guys get he was pushing anything from an owners standpoint? Forceful implication?

I got from his post, we did a cool thing and these guys supported our endeavor. Give them a shout if your interested in doing the same.

That's what I read.

Sounds like a fun time newell, moose hunting at our back woods wall tent camp are some of the best memories I made with my son and friends.

Going in by horse and wagon to the boonies and camping sounds like a awesome trip.
^^^This!
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-27-2019, 06:24 AM

Good for you Newell, I have two girls, we are horse people and have taken many back county trips, they grew up doing what you’re family did, and it was great family time. As for the comments, to bad some people are like that. As you can tell by my low post count I don’t share much on here because of that kind of thing. To bad, the stories and pictures I could share of a full life in the back county, I think most would like to see.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
That was not the intention, I am not an owner just a very satisfied customer who wanted to spread the word.
Thanks for posting your experience and endorsement (good outfitters are hard to find)-Bob Creek is a beautiful place.

Don't apologize to the "peanut gallery" Newell, life's to short.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 04-27-2019, 08:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
I’m guessing 4 people? From their price list that would be a $6000 trip?
Holy moly eh.....does that include a elk too.....either way the OP enjoyed a great outing with family so all is awesome!

Any pics?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-27-2019, 08:15 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
YEP...Let the members of AO crap on each other...it happens everyday..Best NOT post your pictures, you'll get criticized for anything, the horse isn't smiling, looks like the horse has gas etc etc etc...Sorry for some of the jerks on here
No...no...no....post pics and share the awesome time spent outdoors, some might even inquire about booking a trip too!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Banned

oh brother!..........i'd say more but would likely get another 30 days.