Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2019, 12:13 PM

Default House Painting Calgary

Looking for recommendations on someone to repaint the interior of our house. What would be a rough cost from everyones experiences to do a 1100 square foot house including baseboard. House has 9 foot walls. Obviously I know it will depend on quality of paint, etc but just wondering what ballpark cost should I be expecting.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:35 PM

The average cost of applying two coats of paint is between $1.5-$2.00 per sq.ft. You can find some guy on Kijiji to do it cheaper but it won’t be a true professional painter. I used a few of them on my rental property, the results were about 75-80% to my satisfaction so I could live with that. For my own residence it wouldn’t cut. If you are expecting a perfect job- expect to pay around $2-2.50 per sq.ft.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 PM

I have no idea on cost, but I do recall being at a clients home when both their home and the neighbors homes were being painted; one was being painted by a crew of 'student painters' and the other by a professional company that didn't have to word 'student' in its name. The student painting crew got overspray on the neighbors freshly painted home, other amateurish mistakes by them were obvious. It was a textbook example of good vs bad.

Like with any trade, you get what you pay for.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:14 AM

I recommend Wayne Wolf in Calgary. Good painter and fair pricing.

(403) 680-3595