Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2019, 07:27 PM

I too have the new F25 Yamaha and would recommend it. As stated above the push button rpm control is really cool, it is over 60lb lighter than the previous model, as well they are fuel injected and don't require a battery, they pull over and start very easily (my 14 year old nephews have no problem). It comes with a high power alternator for charging too.

They have awesome low speed torque for exceptional hole shot too. No special gas tanks or hoses are required. I used the same tank and hose from my older 25 hp Yamaha (I updated to get the lighter motor with the rpm control). I also have a 2008 15hp 2 stroke Yamaha, that I ran a lot and kept because it starts and runs so well.

$1000 is a lot of money, you might consider bringing that up with the Yamaha dealer and see if he'll get closer for you, but you also get what you pay for and the Yamaha won't let you down.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Talked to the guy at Free Spirit marine, they are a Suzuki dealer. He told me Forty hp and up great motors ,but Suzuki switched to Taiwan for their smaller outboards and he said the quality is just not there on those motors anymore.
Disappointing.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:02 AM

I have a 2015 30hp merc on a 16ftft Lund ssv . It runs excellent and I get about 45kph maxes out

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 04-27-2019, 12:30 PM

Well I pulled the trigger on a Yamaha F25 this week. It came down to the fact that the Yamaha was 30lbs lighter than the Mercury. I was tempted by the price of the Merc but in the end the weight and my success with previous Yamaha products was hard to ignore.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I have a new Merc 20, made by Tohatsu in Japan. Very happy with it so far. Paid 3200 new for it.
Picked up 9.9 Tohatsu at Rainbow Marine 2010. Not much use on it yet, works fine. Also Merc fourstroke 115 hp main. Quiet, excellent fuel consumption, not as fast holeshot as my older 100hp merc two stroke. Top speed about 45mph, works fine for my needs. All weekend on one tank fuel, and whisper quiet motor makes me