Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageValleyOutdoors View Post
Wasn’t any action or anything last night, but i think they sure did a great job at showing the anxiety and worry the characters have about the upcoming fighting. A great show. I’m gonna be sad when it’s over!
Ikr .... taut with drama ! So good ! And the Dragon Queen got a long awaited slap in her arrogant face. Hahah. Your #2 bee atch!! Hahah
But effing finally there gonna fight the white walkers !
Been waiting 8 years for the dam night king to mobilize !
Old 04-24-2019, 05:42 PM

Kit Harrington was quoted as saying several of the cast cried when prep reading the final seasons script. Hmmmm. A thousand guessas as to what would stir that reaction, and NO, it wasn't because it was the final season.

ALL I know is after seeing a few of them on SNL, out of character, I was disappointed. Snows been one of my favorite cast members, along wirh Arya since episode 1 but now I really don't care if he gets smoked. Total nerd in real life. Good acting in the Snow role though.

And in the final season trailer ad that's been running for months it shows scenes of Arya running through the bowels of castle Winterfell, scared and gasping, with a cut on her face. Hmmm. Cut immediately to the big wildling and Snows two buddies from the Night Watch walking slowly through the same area, and they do not look right. Hmmm.

My prediction is they all get smoked but Cersei escapes to the iron castle, kills the Iron Island chump who's dumb enough to believe her Shiite, and she lives happily ever after because the white walkers can't swim. Can't wait to watch it all unfold verbatim.

OR...none of this happens and the white walkers are just tired of the North and looking for a place to warm up and party.

OR...

Last edited by 270person; 04-24-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post
Ikr .... taut with drama ! So good ! And the Dragon Queen got a long awaited slap in her arrogant face. Hahah. Your #2 bee atch!! Hahah
But effing finally there gonna fight the white walkers !
Been waiting 8 years for the dam night king to mobilize !
A couple people have been talking at work and they don't think we will see the fight next week, or at least not the whole fight. They believe the show will show what's happening in kings landing with Cersi and on the iron islands.

I think we will see the fight, at least some of it.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:12 PM
Banned

Who is going to sit on the throne ? Well season 4 was my best so far .

waiting to see the next episode i think there is a fighting coming
Old 04-25-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cankhun3 View Post
Who is going to sit on the throne ?

The night king or Cersei are my guesses
Old 04-25-2019, 07:28 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2019, 07:32 AM

Jon snow for president ! One of the noblest characters in the show

Or whatever his name is now something something tergaeryon

Dam his character has gone thru a mindjob .... singled out ( can't think of the word right now ) childhood ( having catelyn as a step mother !) , only one that fought to have the wild folk befriend the southerners for the benefit of all , murdered by his own team , raises back , king of the north even though doesn't want it , sleeps with his aunt before finds out he's a taergareon ...... and doesn't drink ...... how does he do it .....poor guy

Last edited by wolf308; 04-26-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:47 AM

Ostracized.... word I wanted

Hmmm. Might be interesting and dramatic if Sansa turned the tables near the end and loomed over Cersai and won the game of thrones over her .... she's defiantly changed into something more darker since being taken advantage of for so long in the early - mid seasons , couldn't stand to watch her scenes early on being in denial and worried about her hair and stuff

Joffre #1 then her I dreaded seeing , Joffre cause he's a cowardly puke of a human , man I wanted to find the actor and strangle him , lol , good acting is a better phrase- her ..... idk, her voice and delusion and whining

But since season 6 or 7 she's much better

Last edited by wolf308; 04-26-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:32 PM

Well they said half the fans would be happy the other half would be disappointed with the ending. So far I’m disappointed! Epic battle scene was not nearly as well done as I had hoped and left way too much unanswered. Still don’t know who the night king was or why he really wanted bran to erase the memory of the world. No clue what happened with Ghost. Arya arrives out of no where, I could go on but my wife is telling me to shut up lol. She liked it, I look at it tactically and it was a failure.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:41 PM

Put me in the happy half...
Old 04-28-2019, 10:49 PM

Weak ass writing.
So many things wrong and obviously wrong in that episode. Especially tactically.
Anyway, the story has really suffered this last season imo.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 AM

The current cinematic trend of the strong female was more than a little overplayed in last nights episode. Not a single kill of significance was had by any male character on the ‘team Winterfell’ side. It getting rather cliche these days really. They didn’t even let the guys light the BBQ for Pete’s sake!

What does one feed a dragon leading up to such a battle anyways? 4-bean salad with a heavy oil dressing or simply a lot of pork bellies?
Old 04-29-2019, 01:20 PM

At least many of the annoying characters met their fate in the last episode. Too bad Arya didn't hold off another minute, I would have liked to that person go as well and maybe the story would have made a little more sense.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 04-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Banned

not a fan of the ending itself. I've said to lots of friends if it ended in a certain way that I'd be ****ed. Then of course thats how it ended. I thought the story telling made sense and they did a good job at making you think everyone was going to die but then they ended it with the laziest of endings.

Ugh..
Old 04-29-2019, 01:49 PM

The Mrs & I enjoyed it, plan to watch it again tonight.

Cut and paste from something I read ....

Arya Stark, mustering all her training as a cold-blooded assassin and with the encouragement of Melisandre, leaps at the Night King and takes him out. How did she do it? Well if you’ve been paying attention you know that Valyrian steel kills White Walkers and that her dagger was made with Valyrian steel.

Did Bran know what that dagger would do when her handed it to Arya? It’s a good question, at least, Bran knew something in that moment. Arya has been fascinated with Valyrian steel for a long time.

We might not be dealing with White Walker babies in their cradles, but we are going to see the mettle of our potential rulers—Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Cersei, Sansa, et. al. tested as the final three episodes play out.

Old 04-29-2019, 02:18 PM
AO Sponsor

I enjoyed it a lot. Love the night king as top evil guy though so sad he’s no longer around. He’s just so bad ass hahaa
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM

3 episodes left. Most players purposes fulfilled. I figure it’ll be an episode of regrouping and heading to Kings-landing to stir up a ruckus. We haven’t seen Bron since Cersei asked him to off Tyrion with the cross bow. So that’s left to go down.
Another episode of a big battle with her Army, I’m going to call it that Jon will end up in the chair. The last episode will wrap everything up putting people in their place and the game will start again. Oh and the mountain and the hound facing off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
I enjoyed it a lot. Love the night king as top evil guy though so sad he’s no longer around. He’s just so bad ass hahaa
For being a too bad guy his exit from the show was rather lack luster imo. He shows up and farts around on a dragon and raising some ore wights then gets killed.. very weak writing. Should be interesting how it finishes up but after this big battle everyone was waiting for I’m not holding my breath for any big revelations.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:42 PM

Yeah I have to say pretty disappointed.
The biggest TV show right now and you get lazy and cheap with this battle and hide behind dark backgrounds.
How many White Walkers did we actually see. 10? 20 Max?
Little to no CGI, no clear battles, just a bunch of jump scenes.

The battle overall wasn't the greatest and like others said, so many unanswered questions regarding the Knight King and his desire for Bran, plus the way he fell, all pretty weak in my opinion.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houch View Post
Yeah I have to say pretty disappointed.
The biggest TV show right now and you get lazy and cheap with this battle and hide behind dark backgrounds.
How many White Walkers did we actually see. 10? 20 Max?
Little to no CGI, no clear battles, just a bunch of jump scenes.

The battle overall wasn't the greatest and like others said, so many unanswered questions regarding the Knight King and his desire for Bran, plus the way he fell, all pretty weak in my opinion.
I expected a lot more out of the dragons. Why were they barely used. When I watched the game of thrones chat at the end of the show it made sense why the battle scenes were jumbled.

The said they purposely limited the battle scenes into smaller segments to build the story.

I think the expectations for the show were so high for many that they were doomed from the start. I still enjoyed it.. it was still great but it definitely felt like a cheezy ending.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:14 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Glad that was over now onto the real "game of thrones".....backstabbing etc

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-29-2019, 09:06 PM

Watched it again tonight...and still liked it...

I agree with R3illy that expectations were so high after a year of being off the air that no matter what they produced some would be left wanting more. I guess it’s a good thing I’m easily amused...
Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Exclamation Injury on the set!

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Hope she pulls through OK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoT Maisie.jpg (23.9 KB, 90 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-01-2019, 10:57 AM

Not sure if anyone's seen this but, only HBO could bring these characters together!

Hopefully this doesn't foreshadow how GOT ends....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2pp...56llLcn7nPzklc
Old 05-01-2019, 11:00 AM

The feel and buildup of horror 5 stars

The ending was a pet theory and no surprise to wife and I.
Sorry Jon you get to lose every battle but win the war!

Best deaths were the Mormont's and to a lesser note Theon. Poor Lyanna against a giant a spear would be my go to weapon.

Tactically speaking it was a mess Being an aficionado of medieval history makes for a lot of WTF why are they doing this moments.
Robb learned tactics from Eddard and Maester Leuwen He won every battle WTF was Jon doing sleeping in the back. Well guess if anything he's consistent

Tactically speaking best was the Unsullied rotating the front General Maximus would be pleased.

Worst sending the worlds best light cavalry on a charge into the dark after only one volley from the trebuchet and catapults.
Genghis khan would not approve.

Last edited by Moosetalker; 05-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:40 AM

Can Arya now wear the white walkers face since she killed him?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:10 AM

Wink Spoils of war

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindoutside View Post
Can Arya now wear the white walkers face since she killed him?
Provided she can figure out how it goes back together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoT spoils of war.jpg (44.8 KB, 45 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-02-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Provided she can figure out how it goes back together.
Hahah nice!
Old 05-02-2019, 05:59 PM

^^^ hahah nice

Another side note about Aaryas Valyrian dagger ...... someone confirm , but that's the original dagger that Little finger or Lannisters sent the assassin in with to kill Bran in first episode isn't it ?

Last edited by wolf308; 05-02-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Gusto View Post
Weak ass writing.
So many things wrong and obviously wrong in that episode. Especially tactically.
Anyway, the story has really suffered this last season imo.
Ya , bad tactics really.
Prolly shouldn't have even engaged them in front of there fire trench , espically the dothraki calvary suiciding. Lure em in then get back inside after she's lit , with Calvary and dragons lurking a kilometre away etc etc

Was ok , but ya trying to make it too epic think it backfired , well at least that jerk is gone .... Night king that is , he was a serious a hole