Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-06-2016, 03:47 PM

Default Cfrn news

I had a call from my wife this mourning regarding the coverage about the coyote cull in Lac St. Anne county . Of course the activists are up in the air about it . But what information that was wrong is they stated that a person doesn't need a permit to take coyotes , they didn't specify the method . As a resident trapper this got my hair up . I called Fish & Wildlife about it & they confirmed a person needs a Trappers Licence to Snare & trap coyotes . No secret there . The officer was to pass the news information on to his superior & said they would have to look at putting out the proper info . Hopefully they do . I think the news is portraying otherwise to the public . I called CFRN & told them a person needs a trappers licence to snare & trap coyotes along with permission to do so . There was hesitation on the end of the line & the lady I talked to said she didn't cover the story . I mentioned they are sending out the wrong info to the public . She was to pass this on . Thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 06:53 AM

The media passing on the incorrect information is a daily occurrence. I had a similar experience with a different matter and they couldn't care less. Its all about making things sound as bad as possible....the truth does not matter.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:25 AM
Banned

Default or "spinning" the correct message for our gubbermint ...

law enforcement - judicial - financial / banking - insurance guys ...

their ^ all in bed together, one BIG happy romp !

TBD

PS ... next time you look at our provincial or BIG city budget for the fiscal yr - take a look at how much is spent in "communications" this money is earmarked for media outlets - TV news / newspapers / ect and is used to BRIBE these companies into spinning the message they wish to portray.

Has nothing to do with right or wrong - good or bad, but more so the direction our social planners wish to lead us and adapt the publics general thinking and acceptance on certain matters. (training us to be politically correct)

With Gun ctrl back in the gov'ts "sights" expect a lot more anti-hunting anti-sporting gun stories to be ran by our media - this will continue to occur up to the point Justin enlists Canada within the new UN gun ctrl rules, and some "dick" shows up at your front door with a hammer and stamp wanting to mark up the receiver on your citoria !

Last edited by TBD; 01-07-2016 at 07:33 AM.