Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I am surprised rigor hadn't set in....he hadn't stiffened up much.

LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinner View Post
Your not serious!?
I gotta take Blake's side on this one. U wanna call a guy out hunter trav. Then have the balls and say your name or send it in a PM. Childish behaviour Trav

Sealclubber Why would you sucker punch him too?

Take a hike buddy. At least make a point. Your like the guy standing behind his buddy chirping in someone's face. I'm not taking Blake's side by no means but have some class man. Apparently u have never played sports.

Mods. Lock it up. It's going no where. And I'm not talking to you pixel cause your to busy taking stabs as well. This is like a canned hunt. Mike!!! Shut it down

Let me have it in 3-2-1

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 PM

http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://ww...n6PaEXxGm9Q-5A

I thought it was illegal to hunt with a crossbow in the archery season? Or is it legal for an American hunting with a guide?
Either way, pgs 24 and 25 in this pdf are interesting...
Hopefully the link works.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
I gotta take Blake's side on this one. U wanna call a guy out hunter trav. Then have the balls and say your name or send it in a PM. Childish behaviour Trav

Sealclubber Why would you sucker punch him too?

Take a hike buddy. At least make a point. Your like the guy standing behind his buddy chirping in someone's face. I'm not taking Blake's side by no means but have some class man. Apparently u have never played sports.

Mods. Lock it up. It's going no where. And I'm not talking to you pixel cause your to busy taking stabs as well. This is like a canned hunt. Mike!!! Shut it down

Let me have it in 3-2-1
Why should they lock it up? It seems to me like the only one not being respectful in this thread is the Shady outfitter and he's kind of defending himself, kind of.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:

I gotta take Blake's side on this one.

I'm not taking Blake's side by no means

????????
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Banned

No wonder very few people have any use for outfitters. Wildlife convictions, criminal convictions, repeated convictions and charges with the likes of Lloyd McMahon, does it ever end.

Also amazes me that this hypocrite lies pretending to be a buddy then comes clean(supposedly)with absolutely no hesitation, all the while trying to ensure us all he is credible. WOW. Hopefully the community he poaches in runs him off. Just another crooked, greasy outfitter. They really are all the same when it comes right down to it now aren't they!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
????????
Nice computer skills man. However u wanna cut and paste it quinner.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:56 PM

I'm not the one who completely condradicated himself in the same post. Do you read what you type? Call me what you like, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Nice move going directly to insults as well. Keeping it classy my friend!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
I am surprised rigor hadn't set in....he hadn't stiffened up much.

LC
First thing I noticed....

Quote:
If you kept it warm would it prevent rigor?

Depending on what you mean by warm. Rate of Rigor onset may be slowed by cooling the animal to a specific temperature, but it cannot be stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
Just a question about this video…if they harvested "yesterday afternoon" should the deer still be able to manipulated as well as it is? I would think it would be stiff 12 - 24 hours later. Something isn't right there or am I missing something?

Something doesn't add up. Based on the timeline given, that deer would be in full Rigor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
yes I said this was gonna be my last post but since I have met such a bunch of experts out there and know it all's I figger'd I'd hang around little longer. Might learn some thing from such a fine group of hunters! LOL. Doubtful, I've forgot more about killing big deer then the most you will ever know.
And with the 220"er on the youtube video. The buck was guided by one of my guides,my brother to be exact, that day before afternoon. The buck was brought back to camp, gutted immediately and left outside in a shed over night open up to cool down in -10 temperatures. The reason for this, and most outfitters do so when your client harvest a world class deer, and or any big buck for that matter you want the perfect lighting for the trophy photos and video. Hence why you wait till the next day for good lighting to do so. Sure a lot of you actual real hunters/Outfitters know what I'm talking about. And with the rigger, if you have been around any dead deer at all you would know that if you work the dead stiff buck around, you can work the rigger back out of the animal. Especially in the neck area. And not to mention, this buck had a broken neck to bout. You didn't know any of this? The meat this old warrior wasn't spoiled at all. After the photo shoot and videos the buck was skinned and the meat donated to local needy family who sure appreciated every the once of him.

Forget outfitting and reveal your secret to working Rigor back out of a dead animal. You will be an instant millionaire!

If you know the details of Contraction, Rigor Mortis and Conditioning, you wouldn't try to bluff people with this ridiculous explanation.

For us uneducated folk, how do you leave a buck "opened up" overnight in a shed and then have it lay so perfectly on the ground in this pose? I'm impressed beyond belief!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Gone Hunting

Workin nights here. Blown away by this. Someone accusing something with relation to rigor here fellas,,,? WB and friends,,, maybe ought to throw up some world class caliber field photos to prove just how much they know about what they are talking about... WB, fire up just a dozen or so and for sure we will know youve encountered a situation or two out there. Wont speak of the rest of thread as not for me to concern about when already answered for his wrong. Unreal guys...

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 AM

Quote:
I'm not the one who completely condradicated himself in the same post. Do you read what you type? Call me what you like, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Nice move going directly to insults as well. Keeping it classy my friend!
What exactly did I call u? A man? Only girls assume emotion in a txt. Take it down a notch Ricky! Your making me blush.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:01 AM

Your right, I'll remove my tampon and your trophy is in the mail.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Workin nights here. Blown away by this. Someone accusing something with relation to rigor here fellas,,,? WB and friends,,, maybe ought to throw up some world class caliber field photos to prove just how much they know about what they are talking about... WB, fire up just a dozen or so and for sure we will know youve encountered a situation or two out there. Wont speak of the rest of thread as not for me to concern about when already answered for his wrong. Unreal guys...

Some days do last all night long.... Gotta get 'er done....

Glad to see you care so much for my opinion, it wouldn't be the same here if you didn't.

What does "world Class field photos" have to do with Rigor?
Are big bucks unaffected by it?

Just callin' BS on his explanation, 'cause it is....
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Gone Hunting

If you say rigor doesnt relax out then i guess your right... U know what, lets make assumptions as well. So because most of the guys that are blowing thier horns here have little to even likely nothing to show for exceptional field photos from animals past, one could draw the conclusions that u fellas simply arent "hangin around" after you take something, and therefor MUST be poachers.
Additionally, without rereading again, so going by tired memory right now,,, to think that his comments about a lack of game wardens somehow makes guilt of being a poacher, totally absured. If i was gonna make some homemade whiskey outin the shop, these same sorta words might come outa my mouth about cops. Just an example. I dont know the guy, am not defending him, hes likely more than capable of that himself.
Lookin pretty bad around here.. Just sayin

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-09-2013, 06:13 AM

As an outsider looking in I believe that there are many who just don't like outfitters. Furthermore, I believe that jealousy also plays a roll that an outfitter harvested this monster whitetail and other big bucks in the past. Many are splitting hairs to slander a persons name and business because of the noted above which is most unfair and childish. I think that there are no other people in this world who rears their ugly head of jealousy and criticism than hunters...........most sad.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:31 AM

Default schmyr

Years ago I went antelope hunting with an extremely reputable outfitter named Kim Bonnet of Bucks and Bulls Outfitters. We hunted private ranches in New Mexico and I was lucky enough to take a book antelope. Kim would have the guide gut the animal after the client field pictures, then we would take the antelope back to camp where it would usually hang over night and then Kim would take the bucks out and re-position them for his own professional pictures. He was good at it and he got great pictures for his promotion.This is a guy who had never indicated any thought of any illegal activity, he just liked to take his game pictures in a great setting with good light.

I read where someone says that Schmyr tried to run them off of a good hunting site on Crown land. Years ago I was hunting the South Ghost for sheep. I was at the site where the three valleys meet and was making the short hike up the hill to glass. Behind me, two guys appeared and started calling out to me. I meet up with these guys who begin to inform me I couldn't hunt these valleys. I asked why not and they tell me that they are not only members of Alberta Fish and Game Association, but they are committee heads. one was in charge of the Bird Game Committee and one was in charge of the Big Game Committee, and they were hunting this area. It was there turf. It was laughable except they were dead serious and wanted me to pack up and bugger off. I hunted a few days, but when I got back I tried to complain about these clowns to the Alberta Fish and Game Association but they were unapproachable. Kind of the same thing. There's bad in every bunch, Outfitters, Residents and AFGA members alike.
By the way, does AFGA kick out members with game violations?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 AM

I believe this Big Tine Adventures was an outfitter used by TV Host Jim Burnworth of Western Extreme . Wonder if Mr Burnworth knows about this guys actions and if he would return to hunt with him after al this has gone on .
Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 AM

It seems to be the same members on this site who think there mighty hunters. That like to bash peoples names. I dont even know who Blake is just hunt the same area and like seeing the pictures on his face book page. I would imagine he is hunting legally or he would be charged.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt View Post
Sealclubber your on fire son..........boooo I have to go to bed. AO your awesome. So many laughs thank you just great. Black Ram aka blakes friend thank you for making this thread possible so fun.
Thanks hoyt i do sign autographs lol . Hey bap I'm not the kind of guy who chirps over his buddy's shoulder lets set that straight and yes I have played tons of sports but never had to sucker anyone capeesh? Where I come from its old time hockey.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:31 AM

So that's what I thought. In the link I posted in #181, Mike Ohlmann of Kentucky is fortunate enough to harvest a mule deer with a crossbow in the archery season while being guided by Blake.
I looked him up- he is not disabled and partakes in archery hunting in his home state. Why would he be allowed by his outfitter/guide to use a weapon which is prohibited in that season?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:56 AM

Back to the rigor comments. Did you Know it all's not read my post on the bucks neck being broke? And Yes Mike O was eligible to use a cross bow in our general archery season here in AB by taking the proper steps to ensure him to do so. Which included him getting a doctors note written from his doc in his home state, then mailing it up to me. Once I received it I took it to the local F/W to have it reviewed and approved. They approved it, issued him a license to hunt with a cross bow in general archery season. Pretty simple actually. Not sure why I'm even wasting my time explain things to, for the most part, such a hopeless, obvious non knowledgeable crowd. And yes I shoot shows for the outdoor channel with Jim Burnworth. So guess you can be jealous of that now too. And ya he Knows what happen. Have done 4 hit shows over the years, and just did another one this past bow season. Gonna be another home run for my already thriving Outfitting Business!!! Cheers to You Outfitter Haters!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
So that's what I thought. In the link I posted in #181, Mike Ohlmann of Kentucky is fortunate enough to harvest a mule deer with a crossbow in the archery season while being guided by Blake.
I looked him up- he is not disabled and partakes in archery hunting in his home state. Why would he be allowed by his outfitter/guide to use a weapon which is prohibited in that season?
Pretty sure that would be considered knowingly guiding a poached deer. Seems his ethics, morals, what have you, are still in the pooper.

edit just saw Blake's post, but based on the other info still not sure to make of it....
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Why? I've learned a great deal from this thread.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 AM

Keep it rolling. Lets see what comes out.
I'm still waiting to hear some accusations that have proof. Lots of venom and accusations. No evidence. Even the sucker punch in the hockey game is based on what the accuser said.
You kill the kind of deer this guy is killing, you know F+W is watching him. As far as I know, there's not any charges being laid.
Somebody tell me something solid, I'm still on the fence. PM if you have to.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:35 AM

Well it is true you learn something new everyday....I usually handle the game I take in the same day (dressed,skin, hung in cooler) usually within 6-7hours....maybe for fun next season I will let him sit for 18-24 hours, gently massaging his neck and see if I can limber him up as much as you can!

LC
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchaga View Post
Keep it rolling. Lets see what comes out.
I'm still waiting to hear some accusations that have proof. Lots of venom and accusations. No evidence. Even the sucker punch in the hockey game is based on what the accuser said.
You kill the kind of deer this guy is killing, you know F+W is watching him. As far as I know, there's not any charges being laid.
Somebody tell me something solid, I'm still on the fence. PM if you have to.
WTF does a sucker punch in a hockey game have to do with this man as a credible outfitter and guide? Bunch of nattering armchair lawyers and ethics police here at AO.....
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ram View Post
Back to the rigor comments. Did you Know it all's not read my post on the bucks neck being broke? And Yes Mike O was eligible to use a cross bow in our general archery season here in AB by taking the proper steps to ensure him to do so. Which included him getting a doctors note written from his doc in his home state, then mailing it up to me. Once I received it I took it to the local F/W to have it reviewed and approved. They approved it, issued him a license to hunt with a cross bow in general archery season. Pretty simple actually. Not sure why I'm even wasting my time explain things to, for the most part, such a hopeless, obvious non knowledgeable crowd. And yes I shoot shows for the outdoor channel with Jim Burnworth. So guess you can be jealous of that now too. And ya he Knows what happen. Have done 4 hit shows over the years, and just did another one this past bow season. Gonna be another home run for my already thriving Outfitting Business!!! Cheers to You Outfitter Haters!
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 AM

Holy do I have a lot of supporters of out there. My inbox on here and on my FB page is flooding with positive support messages.
Obviously with some bad choices in my past I would naturally have a watchful eye on myself and outfitting operation. Since the conviction of "2" counts of trafficking wildlife (AKA selling 2 sets of deer horns) 4years ago I have been on the straight and narrow road providing legal ligit hunts to 100's of American clients. I play by the rules, don't do anything wrong, have all my permissions lined up well in advance, provide an excellent outfitting service to those who can afford to hunt with me. My client/waiting list is a few thousand men strong and business couldn't be better. The hunting has been pretty good as well. We have sent 1000's of inches of antler over the years back to the states with my clients. We run our hunts by the book. You just never know who may be watching, and with that said I'm not worried as I have absolutely nothing to hide. We run a clean show here. You people make it out to sound like I'm a poacher, therefore would mean that all the 100's of successful clients on mine over the years that have killed big games animals guided by myself are poachers too? Since they are the ones pulling the trigger or releasing the arrow? You people need to give this up already. I have endless American references that would testify to what a stand up honest outfit I run here. 100's of them couldn't be wrong. So I think its about time you guys go throw your gas on a different fire already. This ones pretty much burnt out.
-Outfitter Blake
Old 12-09-2013, 10:25 AM

I am confused...is "Black Ram" a friend of Blake or is it actually Blake?

....which part is truth and which are fiction?

Is this like when a guy needs some creme from the Doc but tells the Doc he needs it for a friend? Just to save some embarrassment?

Keep Rollin!

LC
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Good post- should have been your first.

Hopefully everyone has learned something, including yourself.
Good luck to you.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I am confused...is "Black Ram" a friend of Blake or is it actually Blake?

....which part is truth and which are fiction?

Is this like when a guy needs some creme from the Doc but tells the Doc he needs it for a friend? Just to save some embarrassment?

LC
Good, so it's not just me that is confused.
Closed Thread