Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Default PRS EQUIPMENT gathering any interest

if this is improper please let me know as I am not trying to make any money

with the growth of the PRS centerfire game do,you think there is any interest for a meet and greet in central Alberta near Drayton Valley for a Saturday

the idea would be to rent a facility (in the country) for the day to have guys show up with their equipment to do a informal show and tell

it is too far for vendors and this is not a sale event, I do not wish to have guys bring their stuff to sell

what I am thinking is it would be nice to lay on a shooting chat about what equipment to buy

a person could meet those from Edson and Edmonton and red Deere to see what works, what guys dislike and where to buy stuff

it would be for folks interested in learning some basic techniques, see equipment when there is not a mad rush to get home, guys like to show off there stuff

just thinking out loud and not renting a place yet nor wishing to offend the moderators at all,

wishing to see if any interest for a get together over all day coffe and chatting with outdoors people with a similar interest,

the cost of renting a community hall may make it cost prohibitive but willing to see,

maybe guys would not travel a hour or 2 but this might give those who have an interest to see what it is about

Again not wishing to be offside here just seeing if something like this might attract 50-75 guys and if a 2 dozen guns were there with different stocks and gear then we could see what works or might just be fun to try

Thoughts please

Cement Bench going off my comfort level of a cement bench to shoot and sleep off of.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Default Great idea

I bet Logan and the club may be interested in this CB. Give him a call, I’d come up as well.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Banned

I’d be interested
Old 01-04-2019, 09:55 AM

I'd be interested for sure to see what category people are shooting in along with what kind of scopes are being used and if these are dual purpose rifles or just used for PRS.

I'm in the Edmonton area but willing to travel. It would be nice to do an information session followed up with a shoot.