Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-13-2016, 01:10 PM

Default guided fishing trip

Hey guys a friend and i are looking to go on a guided fishing trip mid to end of April somewhere on the west coast anywhere from Seattle north to prince rupert. looking to catch salmon, halibut, rock fish... and hopefully bring some home. any recommendations on outfitts? would be just a day or 2 of fishing.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:43 PM

You could try Sooke BC. A number of day charter boats there. That time of year there would only be local fish as is too early for spawning fish to be on the move. Guessing most places on the coast with marina's will have charter boats. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM

Give Tofino some consideration. Fishing is good but also if you happen to hit a bad weather spell there are lots of islands to fish in behind of that are out of the wind. If you can't get out to the Halibut grounds at least you can target ground fish and/or Salmon on the inside. Once you get to the island its nice paved scenic road about 3 hours to Tofino if driving. Lots of choice for accommodations as well. Look online there are a number of guided outfitters available. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:10 PM

2X for Sooke- I have had both "Spencers Sportfishing" and "T&T fishing charters"....very experienced professionals I would highly recommend either.