Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-24-2011, 10:28 PM

Default SRD Roundtables

Alberta Roundtables are held in local areas yearly and twice per year for the Province.
Folks attending local Roundtables, from my experience, may or may not represent an organized group.
Folks attending the Provincial Roundtable are generally affiliated with various organizations. I've seen folks there from the Walleye Trail, Trout Unlimited, Hook & Hackle club, Fishery Enhancement Society of Alberta, Alberta Fish and Game Assoc. [ usually have >5 persons there], Commercial Fishing Guys, Native Organizations and on and on. A broad group of folks.

Most of the folks attending the provincial Roundtable are not there as part of a single issue group as that seems better to be handled on a local or case by case basis. On the My Wild Alberta site there is a link to "Events" where I just found a SRD hosted meeting on fish and wildlife in the Manning area.
http://www.mywildalberta.com/Fishing/Default.aspx
http://www.mywildalberta.com/Events/Default.aspx

regards,

Don
Old 11-24-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Alberta Roundtables are held in local areas yearly and twice per year for the Province.
Folks attending local Roundtables, from my experience, may or may not represent an organized group.
Folks attending the Provincial Roundtable are generally affiliated with various organizations. I've seen folks there from the Walleye Trail, Trout Unlimited, Hook & Hackle club, Fishery Enhancement Society of Alberta, Alberta Fish and Game Assoc. [ usually have >5 persons there], Commercial Fishing Guys, Native Organizations and on and on. A broad group of folks.

Most of the folks attending the provincial Roundtable are not there as part of a single issue group as that seems better to be handled on a local or case by case basis. On the My Wild Alberta site there is a link to "Events" where I just found a SRD hosted meeting on fish and wildlife in the Manning area.
http://www.mywildalberta.com/Fishing/Default.aspx
http://www.mywildalberta.com/Events/Default.aspx

regards,

Don
Thank You DA
i will read your links.
Do groups apply to attend? or get invited?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:44 PM

Chub...

Groups seem to send folks. Some groups are better @ this than others. For that matter, some areas seem to be better @ this than others.
Edmonton area seems to send lots of folks whereas Calgary has to this point only provided 2 people and one of them was paid. Lethbridge and the SW areas of Alberta are better represented than Calgary.

I really can't answer your question. I talked to a SRD guy who extended the invitation. Your mileage may vary.

regards,

Don
Old 11-24-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Chub...

Groups seem to send folks. Some groups are better @ this than others. For that matter, some areas seem to be better @ this than others.
Edmonton area seems to send lots of folks whereas Calgary has to this point only provided 2 people and one of them was paid. Lethbridge and the SW areas of Alberta are better represented than Calgary.

I really can't answer your question. I talked to a SRD guy who extended the invitation. Your mileage may vary.

regards,

Don
Thank you again, your posts are a wealth of knowledge.
Not stalking you but people speak highly of you.
appreciate it
Old 11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

double tap....see below...
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
I went to the meeting about this closure of the west arm at Travers Reservoir. I can confirm that the west arm will be closed until June 1st, 100 hundred yards west of the dock. As discussed in the meeting, the dock and main lake will be open May 8th (Keeping this open for families & kids to fish off the dock.) Thanks to Walleye Unlimited for support on this closure on the west arm (to help with the spawning).
This is not in fact true. I just spoke with Terry Clayton today November 28, 2011 about this closure, he stated to me that the closure boundary has NOT yet been determined. He did say that this area 100 yards west of the dock is one of the options and is likely the best option they are talking about