Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Default Black Bear Spring hunting

Hey wondering if anyone has been seeing black bears in the Rocky Mountain House area, near the crown land just west. I want to try my hand at getting my first black this spring any tips on time of day, baiting (yes or no or what bait) would be so appreciated. I have a friend who is a guide in Anchorage coming here to get a black with me and I would like to find out if there is much in the way of bruins in this area. PM me if you dont want to post everything on the thread! You guys rock and thanks in advance all you experts
Old 12-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_beeks View Post
Hey wondering if anyone has been seeing black bears in the Rocky Mountain House area, near the crown land just west. I want to try my hand at getting my first black this spring any tips on time of day, baiting (yes or no or what bait) would be so appreciated. I have a friend who is a guide in Anchorage coming here to get a black with me and I would like to find out if there is much in the way of bruins in this area. PM me if you dont want to post everything on the thread! You guys rock and thanks in advance all you experts
The regs will tell you what WMU's you cannot bait in. I'n not going to confirm any WMUs near RMH.....but those WMUs must be either in the non-baiting zone or close to it. For you to confirm yourself.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
The regs will tell you what WMU's you cannot bait in. I'n not going to confirm any WMUs near RMH.....but those WMUs must be either in the non-baiting zone or close to it. For you to confirm yourself.
I know the unit i would be hunting allows bait, im not going to confirm exactly which wmu but there are bait signs all over the area and I know that i am permitted to bait if i so choose
Old 12-12-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_beeks View Post
I know the unit i would be hunting allows bait, im not going to confirm exactly which wmu but there are bait signs all over the area and I know that i am permitted to bait if i so choose
Think you just answered your own question.

Grizz

Tags
baiting, bear, black bear, rocky mountain house, spring