Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Banned

Default Coyotes tommorow

I have a fox pro and mojo just wondering what calls I should use, Still pretty new to it and I know it's the middle of breeding season, Usually use lightning jack but figured I may try something new and wondering what the experts thing ?.

Also have room for a partner if anybody is interested, in Edmonton going about 45 minutes away for the afternoon.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

Well back already and as I suspected the snowpack is still a little on the deep side to make walking easy. I set up a few stands with great difficulty of walking and didn't see or hear anything, I think the coyotes are busy getting busy as its the middle of breeding season.didnt even see any coyote tracks around.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM

Default tough going

I was out and seen alot of pairs and the odd group of three but they all seemed to be in the middle of the quarter section a long ways away.When we stopped they all ran and never gave any good shots. Calling did absolute nothing the last two weeks.The only one that responded at all was a coyote that had severe mange!Was happy to put him out of his misery.Tried all different hand and electronic calls with every weather and location scenario possible.With breeding season on now your best bet is to travel lots and set up on em after locating them in a field.Best of luck
Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM

For seeing coyotes in fields, I found my exp. this year keep driving when you see them, drive 200yards or wherever they cant see or hear you then walk back,thats the way i got the closest calls but still with no dead coyotes[crappy shot]