Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-18-2022, 03:27 PM
tirebob's Avatar
tirebob tirebob is offline
Moderator and Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Water Valley, AB
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Buy a Tikka
I have not found a lefty 22 they do... I have been searching for sure.
__________________
Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire Inc
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
403.769.1771
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-18-2022, 04:14 PM
Homesteader's Avatar
Homesteader Homesteader is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Edmonton
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I have not found a lefty 22 they do... I have been searching for sure.
https://www.rangeviewsports.ca/produ...special-order/

Have you talked to these guys as to availability? I know this stated as a scope thread hahaha
__________________
"Donít forget your pool noodle." Smokinyotes
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-18-2022, 04:25 PM
tirebob's Avatar
tirebob tirebob is offline
Moderator and Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Water Valley, AB
Posts: 2,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
https://www.rangeviewsports.ca/produ...special-order/

Have you talked to these guys as to availability? I know this stated as a scope thread hahaha
Ahhhhh... I should have qualified... I like me some soul in my rifles and have a hard time thinking about anything without a wood stock! haha! That said, I might have considered that if I had seen it first, but alas I am happy being a CZ fanboy at the moment. I am sure I will be expanding on that eventually though. There is a synthetic stock Left hand user Ruger 10/22 from their custom shop I am quite infatuated with too. Might have to be my first semi-auto .22 when I can again not fear sneaking one past the wife!

https://ruger.com/micros/customShop/31110.html
__________________
Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire Inc
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
403.769.1771
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-18-2022, 06:45 PM
270person 270person is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you can carry a 7lb rifle all day big game hunting, you can carry a 6lb rimfire plinking or shooting ground squirrels.lol I find that I shoot heavier rifles more accurately than flyweight rifles, I have owned several BRNO and CZ 452 rifles, and all are gone.

24" barrel too long for shooting out of a truck, mag changes, etc. Most I'll go is 21". . I don't shoot my centre fires out truck windows. Too hard on the ear drums.


Didn't find them to be any more accurate than the 20's to be honest. When i find one more accurate than a 453 I might consider keeping.
__________________
Go ahead. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-18-2022, 06:48 PM
270person 270person is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
This is how he currently has a scope mounted on it... He said he included the rings with it which was kind of him but I was hoping for a lower set-up if possible. That said, beggars can't be choosers.



Those look like ski hill chairlift supports. They'll put a kink in your neck.
__________________
Go ahead. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-18-2022, 06:51 PM
270person 270person is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Buy a Tikka

At a Tupperware party.
__________________
Go ahead. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-18-2022, 06:53 PM
270person 270person is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Ahhhhh... I should have qualified... I like me some soul in my rifles and have a hard time thinking about anything without a wood stock! haha! That said, I might have considered that if I had seen it first, but alas I am happy being a CZ fanboy at the moment. I am sure I will be expanding on that eventually though. There is a synthetic stock Left hand user Ruger 10/22 from their custom shop I am quite infatuated with too. Might have to be my first semi-auto .22 when I can again not fear sneaking one past the wife!

https://ruger.com/micros/customShop/31110.html


Good for you Bob. I've shot the Tikka in 17hmr. Me no likey. Felt like a Daisy Red Rider in my hands
__________________
Go ahead. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-18-2022, 07:13 PM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 40,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
24" barrel too long for shooting out of a truck, mag changes, etc. Most I'll go is 21". . I don't shoot my centre fires out truck windows. Too hard on the ear drums.


Didn't find them to be any more accurate than the 20's to be honest. When i find one more accurate than a 453 I might consider keeping.
I don't fire any of my firearms out of a truck, so that isn't a concern for me.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-18-2022, 07:34 PM
270person 270person is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I don't fire any of my firearms out of a truck, so that isn't a concern for me.

You hunt gophers without AC? What's wrong with you man?
__________________
Go ahead. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-18-2022, 07:42 PM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 40,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You hunt gophers without AC? What's wrong with you man?
I shoot them legally.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-18-2022, 08:41 PM
270person 270person is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I shoot them legally.

Next ranch? 12 miles. Nearest cop? 50 miles. I'm fine with it. Gophers skeedaddle when they see people. They love trucks. "Just a big blue cow boys. Relax and enjoy some grub."

While you're being legal I'll whack more.
__________________
Go ahead. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-20-2022, 08:38 AM
Tikka300's Avatar
Tikka300 Tikka300 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Grande Prairie
Posts: 181
Default

I just mounted a leupold freedom 3-9x40 on this CZ. It has high warne rings and now that it is mounted you might actually be able to get away with medium ring mounts. Leupold has a smaller ocular piece than a lot of other manufacturers so that will help with bolt clearance. If you want more than your finger tips on it then you will need high ring mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CZ.jpg (52.3 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-20-2022, 10:24 PM
6.5 shooter's Avatar
6.5 shooter 6.5 shooter is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 3,427
Default

Most fix powered scopes (6X) work just fine on CZ rimfires. Ditch the big variable adjustment noobs and run Warne rings. I have several cz's (452 and up) NONE require high or extra high rings.
__________________
Trades I would interested in:
- Sightron rifle scopes, 4.5x14x42mm or 4x16x42mm
especially! with the HHR reticle. (no duplex pls.)
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
- .22 K Hornet, .17 Hornet (CZ or ?? )
- .22 long range rimfire (CZ, Voodoo, etc.)
- Target rifle (Remington or rem clone).
- Large shank Savage barrels. (6mm, 6.5mm, 30 BR.)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.