Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Alright guys, I'm a pretty young dude, early 20s, and lately I've noticed my hairline has started to recede. I was hoping to at least make it to 30 before my hair started to jump ship but I guess that isn't going to be the case. Supposedly you get your hair genetics from your mom's side of the family, and after seeing my grandfather on my mom's side wedding photo of him at 24, I'm thinking I don't have a lot of time left with my blonde locks.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping a somewhat full head of hair, this is Canada after all and it'd be nice having something on top to keep my brain warm if I happen to get caught without a toque while outside in the -20...

What are my options here? Does a guy see a doctor? Anyway to slow it down? Or just wait till it becomes noticeably bad, and then shave 'er all away? I've never really cared or style my hair much before (wear a hat 80% of the time anyway) and paying the $18 every few months for a hair cut was sort of annoying anyway, so I'm thinking the buzz cut life might not be too bad after all.
Buy yourself one of them homec portable massage machines , every nite before sleep , give yourself a head massage for 10 mins ,after 4 months you,ll see hair growing back , its all about blood flow , worked for me , l was just about bald , now hairline back , full head a hair, can see the new hair growing .
Not a joke
Old 03-09-2017, 12:52 AM

I started losing my hair at 18.
Whatever you do, don't take any pills. They will mess with your libido.

I started shaving my head in my early twenties. I am now 32 and I get more women now than I do with a full head of hair. I think part of the reason is I grew a thick beard.

If you can, grow a good thick beard. It gives your face more character after having no hair.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:01 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stLand View Post
I started losing my hair at 18.
Whatever you do, don't take any pills. They will mess with your libido.

I started shaving my head in my early twenties. I am now 32 and I get more women now than I do with a full head of hair. I think part of the reason is I grew a thick beard.

If you can, grow a good thick beard. It gives your face more character after having no hair.

NO NO NO , women don't like big bushy snot , and gravy catchin beards ewwwwwwww, also attract flies.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:30 AM

Sheesh, some pretty poor advice in this thread....

If you're hair loss is just starting, or has started within the last couple 3 years, you can stop it.

Visit your doctor, get prescribed propecia (finasteride 1 mg daily), use rogaine daily (minoxidil) and nizoral (keto) shampoo.

Its a daily regimen for as long as you want to keep your hair (for life, or until science comes up with something better), costs probably 60 to 80 a month, but you'll keep your hair.

Or say screw it and bust out the razor. Your choice. But you do have options.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:12 AM

Jayme pasieka got a solid look. Bald on top short on the sides except for two strips about 1"x 6" and about 8" long he uses for a combover. Extra hold jell helps.

You'll have to google him, I'm not putting him on my Photobucket account.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:17 AM

You poor guys..

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Banned

Whatever you do Do Not grow your hair long over your ears then flip your hair up over the top to cover the bald spots. Like six or seven inches of hair. Looks funny.
Nobody cares about hair these days anyways. Best is to just keep it very very short and watch out in the summer sun for skin cancer.

Get on with your life in other words and your genetics are your genetics.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:58 AM

I've got a full head of hair. I buzz it off myself down to the bone. No comb, no shampoo........freedom. But I wear headgear all the time. I haven't shaved in a year and a half..........more freedom.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Gone Fishing

Go out and buy a Porsche.....then they will quit looking at your hair.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post

If you're hair loss is just starting, or has started within the last couple 3 years, you can stop it.

Visit your doctor, get prescribed propecia (finasteride 1 mg daily), use rogaine daily (minoxidil) and nizoral (keto) shampoo.

Its a daily regimen for as long as you want to keep your hair (for life, or until science comes up with something better), costs probably 60 to 80 a month, but you'll keep your hair.

Suggesting someone use Propecia is poor advice. Google the side effects
Old 03-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Google Wayne Rooney... professional footballer. He's had hair transplants. If you have nothing but money and it really bothers you that much. I've also heard Rogaine, Propecia and Nioxin will help if all are used together. I'm early 30s and have been balding since high school so I don't even care anymore. I'd rather be bald and have that money to spend on hunting and fishing and my kids and wife. Not always in that order.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Banned

Nothing makes a man more insecure than losing his hair.

A guy could be morbidly obese, and has not seen his own wiener since high school but is happy as long as he has a full head of hair.

But throw in that receding hairline and it all goes down the tubes.

So a guy will do everything he can to hold onto his hair, what little he has left.

That is such an old cliche that it needs to stop.

When it comes to making drastic changes to ones self as a man is not there the same way it is for a woman.

A woman can enlarge her breasts, shrink her azz, lose the belly fat, dye her hair multiple colours.
Penile implants are not that far along though they do exist,
Surgery is usually not on a guys radar to change his appearance.

Which sucks, because guaranteed when they can enlarge a penis in the same way as breasts it'll be a zillion dollar industry.

The need to hold onto ones own hair as a man is so outdated.
The need for men to compensate for what they don't have in order to be attractive to women, is getting old.

Sex makes the world go round.

But it's time for men to change that.

You're losing your hair, so what.

Spend thousands trying to regrow it, or transplanting from your azz to your head

Or just accept it,
its no big deal,
throw away the comb
Grab a fresh razor blade and get it over with and embrace baldness.

It truly is a beautiful thing.

Bald is beautiful.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Gone Hunting

Has anyone tried growing their eyebrows long and just combing them straight back???

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Default DHT is what every man should want more of

Embrace it. Male baldness comes from 2 factors; an ample supply of DHT, and a genetic predisposition.

DHT is the most potent from of Testosterone. Testosterone gets converted to its most potent form (DHT). Some Testosterone and DHT gets then converted into Estrogen if it's not utilized, or to much has been produced. If this is naturally occurring, you will never have an abundance of Estrogen because it is a positive feedback loop.

Bald men have to have a healthy amount of Testosterone to become bald because an abundance of DHT is required. That doesn't mean that men with hair all have low T, just means it's possible, but likely they don't carry the gene. This is why DHT has gotten a bad rap (causes hair loss up top, and body hair), but it is the very thing that makes you 'masculine' . More beneficial effects of DHT are:

Increased metabolism
Muscle mass
Protein synthesis
Healthy aggression
Passion
Sexual performance
Zest for life

Stay as far away from anti hair loss products as you can, most are DHT blockers. See: Post Finasteride Syndrome
They literally stop what makes you a man.

I started going bald in my early 20s, I rock the shaved head and trust me - a confident bald man is very sexy. I have no problem attracting the kind of women most men want, and the abundance of DHT and T keeps them around
Old 03-09-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/post-fi...rome-overview/

Great idea
Old 03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opa View Post
My father always told me that he massaged chicken $h!t & honey into his scalp. He had a full head of hair at 95. I followed his sage advice & have done the same, full head of hair at 68. Gotta work!!!!
No girlfriend but lots of hair. Bet the dogs love you.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Banned

I`m lucky, 58 years old and full head of hair, and not even gray.Good genes. Thanks Dad. My big bushy beard is all grey though.With a dark stripe down the middle. Looks like my blue heelers azz.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:54 PM

My brother is going bald. I told him I would shave my butt and we could glue the hair to his head.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Banned

Default .

If your blood flow in your legs is weak , the hair on your legs will die , same thing happens on your scalp , so massaging the head is GOOD ADVICE , contrary to , another members opinion,
Old 03-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
No girlfriend but lots of hair. Bet the dogs love you.
Old Saskatchewan farmer remedy!!!! In fact, I told some dude that and believe it or not, he tried it. Apparently he stunk to high heaven causing his wife to kick his sorry arse out of the house to clean up. He ended up shampooing himself out by the cattle waterer.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:58 PM

20170310_075751.jpg

BEARD GAME STRONG. THERE'S THE ALTERNATIVE TO HAIR ON THE HEAD.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfraser View Post
You could go to your doctor and talk to him about finasteride/propecia which is used to combat male pattern baldness.
DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE!!!!

I've had 2 buddies try this and had terrible health side-effects. Both of them experienced Erectile Disfuction and stopped taking the meds immediately. 2 years has passed and my one buddy still isn't the same...

and no I'm not talking 3rd person - "buddy" haha. I felt the need to share as I wouldn't wish that Propecia junk on my worst enemy.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLabel View Post
DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE!!!!

I've had 2 buddies try this and had terrible health side-effects. Both of them experienced Erectile Disfuction and stopped taking the meds immediately. 2 years has passed and my one buddy still isn't the same...

and no I'm not talking 3rd person - "buddy" haha. I felt the need to share as I wouldn't wish that Propecia junk on my worst enemy.
I noticed my hair loss when I was 20 (28 now), so I tried a couple things.

I tried Finasteride. Quit after 5 months. Just killed the sex drive. Couldn't believe it. Thankfully I made a full recovery. Brother in law has had great success with no noticeable side effects when taking it.

I also used Minoxidil, the foam for the hair which helped significantly slow down my hair loss. Eventually I realized that when you lose your hair you become a man.. Wish I had shaved it when I was 20. Bald and loving it.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:37 AM

Skullets are the new big thing! Here is your chance to get abead of the curve..and you know women go wild over the skullet.

Ive been bald since 25, never cared back then and care much less now. Women will generally be more concerned with you becoming a fat azz than your hair so just take care of what you have control over.

Good luck, enjoy the capt Pickard look!!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:24 AM

With a good head of hair you can even become Prime Minister of Canada.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
My brother is going bald. I told him I would shave my butt and we could glue the hair to his head.
Let me know if you got any leftovers
Old 03-13-2017, 11:53 AM

Been going bald for years, 29 now lol. I buzz'er and throw a hat on. I always wear a hat anyways lol. It comes time to buzz when its too hot uptop haha. Don't hang onto it. Let er go and embrace it lmao
Old 03-13-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7mm View Post
Been going bald for years, 29 now lol. I buzz'er and throw a hat on. I always wear a hat anyways lol. It comes time to buzz when its too hot uptop haha. Don't hang onto it. Let er go and embrace it lmao

I have to buzz mine when it starts blowing in the wind, drives me nuts haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 12:52 PM

I started going grey in my early 20s, now in my mid 30s im just fully salt -pepper the boys ride my ass about it but you guys have made me feel much better about it
Old 03-13-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post
Whatever you do Do Not grow your hair long over your ears then flip your hair up over the top to cover the bald spots.
Unless you want to have a supermodel wife 30 years younger than you and become President of the most powerful country on earth.

Forget all the hair growth advice. Make a lot of money.