Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Dodger.
Thank you! And thanks for watching glad you enjoyed! I have another new upload out and I should have a really sweet video in a crystal clear tint creek in a few days.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:19 PM

Default Can you say bellystrip???

Ricky7,

You are so close. Kinda like that picture in the Cistine Chapel with God and Man. Almost there, almost ...

Now next time you go and fillet a walleye. cut off a 1/2 stip off the belly, leave the skin on. Put it away for next trip.

Next trip, put a 2 inch piece of the belly strip on, hook through the skin, and see how those double tail jigs do.

Thank me in your next video.

Drewski
Old 06-04-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Ricky7,

You are so close. Kinda like that picture in the Cistine Chapel with God and Man. Almost there, almost ...

Now next time you go and fillet a walleye. cut off a 1/2 stip off the belly, leave the skin on. Put it away for next trip.

Next trip, put a 2 inch piece of the belly strip on, hook through the skin, and see how those double tail jigs do.

Drewski
I did that for bottom fish on the ocean once. I saved just the walleye skin from the columbia river and stuck it on a MONSTER jig and caught some MONSTER LINGS and ROCKFISH!!!!......

You can see it all here!!!!!

Hahah... Good job Ricky, there is a future in youtube not for profit fishing videos for you! Keep it up. Might change one day to like a few pennies, haha.

!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCRL5BMzya4 !!!!!!!!

Hope that works.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
I did that for bottom fish on the ocean once. I saved just the walleye skin from the columbia river and stuck it on a MONSTER jig and caught some MONSTER LINGS and ROCKFISH!!!!......

You can see it all here!!!!!

Hahah... Good job Ricky, there is a future in youtube not for profit fishing videos for you! Keep it up. Might change one day to like a few pennies, haha.

!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCRL5BMzya4 !!!!!!!!

Hope that works.
Get in on the action! Lol I might have to post a few of my other videos in this thread!
Old 06-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Ricky7,

Drewski
Drewski do what all us old time manitoba pickeral fisherman do. Dont use a belly strip filet the meaty portion under the jaws of the fish . The skin is as tough as rawhide and you actually get a 3 inch piece that has two "tails" It looks exactly like a double tailed jig grub but lasts forever and has the added natural scent.
Now Ricky if you really want something to talk about and film take that double jaw flap and put it on a tangerine coloured jig with a paperclip single spinner but before you do make sure you exercise your arms as you'll need the strength pulling out walleye after walleye.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:54 PM

He takes a cast and you won’t believe what happens next!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA View Post
He takes a cast and you won’t believe what happens next!!!!!!
Hahaha! A feesh appears and bites his hook! Fish it's a fish!
Old 06-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky7 View Post
Hahaha! A feesh appears and bites his hook! Fish it's a fish!
Thanx and Remeber to Like Comment and Subscribe!!!!
Old 06-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA View Post
Thanx and Remeber to Like Comment and Subscribe!!!!
This^^^
Old 06-06-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Ricky7,

Drewski
Cut bait or fish parts are not allowed in some parts of Canada to use as bait,check with FW or your reg's before using any parts of your catch.Eggs,fins,eyes may be used I think,but check it out,if I am wrong so be it.In Ontario cut bait from your catch is prohibited .
Old 06-09-2018, 12:49 PM

Looks like you had a great day of Fishing.. Kinda tough to get the wide angle pics and Voice with a Go-pro but you did well with it being in a tiny space.
Kudo's to you for taking the time to share your material on here. Everyones doing You Tube so no ones going to get rich and i don't think that is the intent of Amateur Film makers.

Its easier for others to sit back and criticize and no matter what you will hear it on the Forums..Thats the biggest thing we all fight in Hunting or fishing are the ones who do it but also bad mouth it on others..

Keep doing what you enjoy....By the way White is my go to colour as well...
Cheers.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Looks like you had a great day of Fishing.. Kinda tough to get the wide angle pics and Voice with a Go-pro but you did well with it being in a tiny space.
Kudo's to you for taking the time to share your material on here. Everyones doing You Tube so no ones going to get rich and i don't think that is the intent of Amateur Film makers.

Its easier for others to sit back and criticize and no matter what you will hear it on the Forums..Thats the biggest thing we all fight in Hunting or fishing are the ones who do it but also bad mouth it on others..

Keep doing what you enjoy....By the way White is my go to colour as well...
Cheers.
Appreciate it alot! Thank you!