Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 PM

Question haven't you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
How hard r those to operate...?

I can run a skid steer and a backhoe so it can’t be too different.

Jumping the rig over his snow fence’ll take some figuring...

I’m not great at math and angles n velocity n stuff.
None of that stuff matters, so long as it has better SD than a Brown Bess.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-19-2019, 11:51 PM

Had a tree removed from my yard when I lived in the city and when they were done I asked the contractor to trim all the neighbors tree branches to the fence line. Never heard a peep. Didn’t see any reason why I would have. It’s my yard and I’ll do what I want in it.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:49 AM

Neighbor in Fort Sask had many trees overhanging our side.
We agreed to share the cost of cutting them, some were trimmed, some came down totally. Good size trees too. Cost me $300 my end.
Never saw the bill, maybe full job was $300, ha. Big job, so was likely 6 hun.
Just happy not to be cleaning the eves out every year now.

TBark
Old 05-20-2019, 06:30 AM

You just need to go get some diesel fuel and dump about 15 gal. Make sure you start at his property line and work your way towards the middle of his property. Oh make make sure you do this at 3:30 in the morning. Another thing that works well on trees is metal filings, just go to a machine shop and ask for some. The diesel would even take care of any weed issue you have with him as well. With my neighbors trees I just cut without asking, if it’s on my side of the property line she’s gone. Maybe next time they won’t plant so close to the property line.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
Didn’t you post a similar thread last year, when you were in Edmonton?
Lol
Old 05-20-2019, 09:15 AM

This thread reminded me of an old client who passed away over a decade ago, he had a character home on a ridge lot in the Scarboro neighborhood here in Calgary. The fellow was an entomologist but despite that he had become a successful businessman, lol. Anyways, he had once related to me his annoyance with the city regarding himself and some neighbors battling the city over poplar trees in the public boulevard in front of their homes, the trees were old and rotten and roots were damaging the sidewalks and the city was not responding in the fashion they desired. He then went on to detail his solution to me which was to use a small diameter drill bit that was as long as he could find (probably an ‘installers bit’) and to bore a few holes in the tree at night when nobody would see. Into these holes he inserted the stripped core of some copper wire which he explained to me would poison the tree but being soft copper would not be dangerous to an arborists chain saw. I was working across the street from his old home a couple of weeks ago and after I left that job site I pulled over in front of his old place to check my phone and I saw a healthy 7” diameter burr oak growing where his problem poplar once stood, which gave me a little smile and I offered a wink to his memory.

The gent was a neat character, his hobby was making functioning replica cannons and he had a well equipped shop for making them.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

If you have asked....no response...chop...chop!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...