Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-13-2015, 10:51 PM

Thumbs up Excaliber Micro

Well,
I finally managed to fire off a few bolts with my new Excaliber Micro crossbow that I had given to me by my hubbie (I love you Kerry Reaman!), and HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!The bolt went so fast that you couldn't see it, and the standard archery butt that we've always used, well, they went right thru!
Totally buried into the dirt mound behind it. My last crossbow never put them thru like this one does. I even got Kerry to shoot some while I watched, and I could only see the bolt for a nanosecond before it dissappeared.

I gotta tell you that this little crossbow is the sh\t! It is so quiet and much more powerful than my old one. Very low profile, powerful as all get out, and much more easier for a crippled old gal like me to haul thru the woods.

I have the disabled permit so hopefully I can lay down my first big game animal with it while doing my usual hidey hide in the bush ( I am so well hidden, I've have guys walk right past me and never knew I'm there teehee!!) I don't do too much walking but at least when I do, won't have something catching on trees and bush

So pleased, it will be the last crossbow I'll ever need for the rest of my life. Really...
Old 07-14-2015, 09:19 AM

congrats its a nice crossbow
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 07-14-2015, 01:13 PM

Wish you all the luck this fall...

Neil
Old 07-14-2015, 02:01 PM

Compact death machines these Micro's are... Great choice and all the best this fall in the field with your horizontal bow.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:43 AM

Thumbs up

I figured I would never need another X-bow after I bought the Equinox (LOL)and man that was fast!!
I really like the shorter limbs on the new Excalibur's and the fact that it can propel a bolt at amazing speeds is surely a selling point for me.

I wish you all the best of luck this fall!!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:15 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Awesome to hear, injury not keeping you out of the field, new bow, new inspired energy could only lead to success...enjoy your bow and time hunting.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
I figured I would never need another X-bow after I bought the Equinox (LOL)and man that was fast!!
I really like the shorter limbs on the new Excalibur's and the fact that it can propel a bolt at amazing speeds is surely a selling point for me.

I wish you all the best of luck this fall!!
This thing has a draw weight of 270 lbs so I've ordered up the C2 crank cocking aid. Husband loaded this one for me because I can't quite make it past the dry fire safety, so a cocking aid is in order for me from cabelas.