Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-06-2015, 06:36 PM

Default moving peep sight up or down. help.

What are the consequences of moving your peep sight up or down? When you move peep down does it make your arrow shoot high and vise versa? I grabbed my bow string and I think I may have moved my peep a bit. Now my pins are all waked...lol need too get it back on track. Can someone share some useful info...pictures help too! Thanks.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:01 PM

You chase the arrow with your front sight.
You move the rear peep in the opposite direction of your shot
If the arrows are low, raise the peep or lower the front sight .
Cat
Old 07-06-2015, 07:09 PM

Thanks. It is on a compound and it sucks for me because my sight is all the way up with my pins and I need a way too lower my pins. I guess I could go with a heavier arrow aswell...
Old 07-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_B View Post
Thanks. It is on a compound and it sucks for me because my sight is all the way up with my pins and I need a way too lower my pins. I guess I could go with a heavier arrow aswell...
Can you post a pic of your sight?
Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 PM

I have attached my pictures. I have a 2014 mathews monster chill x. I think it's around 65 lbs right now. My sight is a micro adjust 5 pin IQ bow sight. Got the longest draw length on the bow which is 31" with a half inch D loop. Ideally I would like too try and have more play in my housing but with long draw i may not be able too obtain it. I wonder if IQ makes a sight with a housing that Is a bit longer so I could still move it up some if you know what I mean. So I had my 20 and 30 pin dead on and went too sight my 40 in on Saturday and couple days prior I grabbed my bow by the string and I felt my peep slide. So now I am trying too get my peep too its original position. So I just want to know what happens when I slide my peep up or down and how it affects the arrows accuracy. I sighted my 40 in and forgot about the peep then after I got the 40 settled in I realized something was up because my 40 was touching my 30 and that shouldn't be the Gap between 20 and 30 will be less then the gap from 30 too 40. So after I shot my 20 and 30 after realizing it and it's all out too lunch. So I'm just trying too get the bow too shoot right again. I can't move my sight or pins up anymore. I am 6 foot 3 roughly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150706_192042.jpg (41.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20150706_192204.jpg (35.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Banned

Number one, be very careful sliding your peep while there is tention on your string, some peeps can cut your string. It's always best to press your bow before doing so. If a press isn't an option then do so with caution. I assume you have to slide your peep up, what I don't understand is how your peep managed to slide that far?

In any case I would suggest you go to a pro shop and have them tie your peep in. If you are in the Edmonton area I would suggest Jimbows or Accurate Archery, I would not recommend trophy book as I have seen the work done on bows from there and would never let them touch my bow. I have a portable press that I do a lot of my own work with, anything I'm not sure about I usually take it to Lawrence at accurate archery.

Another thing I might suggest, I'm not familiar with the IQ sight, but can you take the head off and flip the mount bracket around? Either that or move the sight closer to the riser. I can see you not really wanting to do the later though.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:31 PM

I just moved my peep up and took a shot and shot low so i slide it down and took a shot. It pretty much lowered into my sweet spot so I can anchor more consistently. My 20 and 30 was bang on after. I marked my peep with some liquid white out and marked the string. I only had too tinker with the 40 pin and now that looks correct. I got my 20 30 40 pretty bang on tonight...50 and 60 need to be done now. Thanks for your time and info. Cheers
Old 07-07-2015, 07:43 AM

#1 is proper draw...then anchor...then once the draw and proper anchor is established one draws... anchors with eyes closed open eyes and if a friend/or shop marks that spot on string it should be perfect all around...

I also agree with Kurt...moving peep without a press too much may damage string...half the broken strings I get every year is due to peep ...improper instalation or adjustments damaging string...

Neil
Old 07-09-2015, 04:04 PM

I had my sight pins bottomed out with 2 pins left that were useless. Moved peep down and sight up, had it sighted back in in about 15 min