Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 PM

Default New Fixed Pin Sights - Any Favorites

I have both a Spot Hogg Hoggit on my 3-D bow and a Custom Montana Black Gold Vengence on my Hunting Bow. Both are pretty decent but they are still not the 'perfect' sight IMHO. The Spot Hogg is too coarse and the pins tend to halo. The pin finish on the Black Gold is rough, and the micro adjust wheels are always rattling loose.

What else is there? I don't want any of the slider style multi-pin sights. Not allowable in MBR class and not a fan of movable for hunting.

If you have the 'perfect sight' what do you like about it?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:39 PM

I just put a 7 pin axcel armor tech pro hs on my 3d rig with .010 pins. So far it seems to be a pretty nice sight. Pins are clear and easily micro and stay to where you put them. They don't seem to halo like my hoggit did. So far no vibrating loose either.

I don't think it will be replacing my custom hunter hoggit on my hunting bow, as it doesn't seem anywhere nearly as robust. I do think it will be a good 3d sight though. I think it would be worth your time to take a look for 3d application anyway. The search continues.....

Norm
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 AM

Axcel Armortech-hd here great sight.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:31 AM

I also have a Custom Montana Black Gold Vengence on my Hunting Bow...no issues with it what so ever...once allan screw is locked in tighten wheel after and they stay solid...there is also a second allan set screw on front of pin make sure to tighten them also...

Not sure what you mean by " pin finish on the Black Gold is rough" ?

One of the better sights I have shot...
Look at the Axion sights also..for the money they are a good sight.
JMHO
Neil
Old 10-19-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
I also have a Custom Montana Black Gold Vengence on my Hunting Bow...no issues with it what so ever...once allan screw is locked in tighten wheel after and they stay solid...there is also a second allan set screw on front of pin make sure to tighten them also...

Not sure what you mean by " pin finish on the Black Gold is rough" ?

One of the better sights I have shot...
Look at the Axion sights also..for the money they are a good sight.
JMHO
Neil
I ordered it with two, .19 green pins. A red, .10 forty pin and then the next two pins green (both .10 as well). The bottom two pins look like they don't match, the 50 yard looks like it's squashed or something. Tried to call MBG but it was such a pain to ship it back I gave up. I tighten the wheels up but they vibrate loose. Driving me nuts. For the money I paid I expected a lot more IMHO. I like it alright, but always looking for the 'perfect' sight.

Guys like me keep guys like you in business.