Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM

Talking Fishing near Golden BC (Help Needed)

Hey guys! I am heading to Golden this weekend for a camping/fishing trip with my father. Was hoping to get him into some nice fish on the fly. I am wondering if any of you know of any good locations in or around Golden. I have been told by a few people that I shouldn't even bother fishing this area. Is this true?

I prefer river or stream fishing but would also be open to hitting a lake. I will not have a boat with me, so it will be waders only. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:22 PM

Default Asking where to fish in BC on the Alberta board? Tsk Tsk

Just joking overcast. I'll bet there is some excellent trout fishing to be had depending on the river conditions of course. There is a place about an hour south of Golden called Spilimaceen (everyone calls it spill a machine). I know there are some great spots there but I'd bet there are some equally fine holes right outside of Golden. Go looking, if you cast for them they will come. Let us know how you do
Old 07-17-2012, 06:11 PM

emerald lake beside Field has millions of small brookies and rainbows.. can catch a hundred per day but nothing too big and camping at the kicking horse
Old 07-17-2012, 06:34 PM

Went a couple of years ago while staying at the kicking horse resort. All kinds of good fishing. Find the Golden airport on goggle maps and you see where the river is there we fished all along it seemed to be best fishing where the river splits by the airport. Bring heavy deet when we where there the misquotes where really really bad and keep an eye out for black bears we saw between 5 to 10 a day some on the river and some heading up to the resort. I have never seen so many bears in my life as I did that week. When you get your licence go to the home hardware the people there(at least when we where there) had good advice on what to use and local hot spots, plus you could by tackle if needed. Good Luck.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 PM

Nine bay !
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badflies View Post
Just joking overcast. I'll bet there is some excellent trout fishing to be had depending on the river conditions of course. There is a place about an hour south of Golden called Spilimaceen (everyone calls it spill a machine). I know there are some great spots there but I'd bet there are some equally fine holes right outside of Golden. Go looking, if you cast for them they will come. Let us know how you do
@badflies Haha. I actually posted one on the BC forum as well, but have had much more response on this Alberta one. Go figure.