Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2016, 11:04 AM

Default Super Tuesday

Super Tuesday has arrived. I'm no political expert, but with 11 participating states, its a big day for the candidates. I full expect some to drop out following the results as about half the delegates required for the Rep. and a third for the Dem. can be obtained today and with four states already have voted, it will likely be an insurmountable lead for some candidates. Although the results will likely affect our country to some extent, I'm watching it unfold with bemused interest.

I do find it odd how the number of delegates is not equal for the two parties though.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:12 PM

Trump is a threat to the various interests who have been able to buy the government for themselves for decades.

He will be stopped by the "Establishment" - somehow.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:54 PM

After Trump takes 10 of 11 states, Mitt Romney will come outta the woodwork and every power broker in the party will throw the kitchen sink behind him to stop the Don.

The more they hate gets the more popular Trump gets. It will be interesting how the Dems will handle Trump. Old rules of engagement in this election cycle are gone and the media manipulation can't stop him.

Last edited by Smokey; 03-01-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

Does anyone here believe that The Donald would be a good President?
Old 03-01-2016, 06:17 PM

I have been working down in the states for the last 2 weeks and for the most part they want Trump as they say they need a big change and they feel he is the one
Old 03-01-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post
The best!! Do you think Bush/Obama were good Presidents?
Old 03-01-2016, 06:27 PM

Are Americans willing to turn their resources over to the trump corporation? I think Americans could use Donald as a tool to negotiate a more meaningful government, but instead, Donald's using them. Come on Howard Stern, spill the beans before it's too late.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Absolutely! He'd be better than the last few that they've rolled through.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Yes
Old 03-01-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenh View Post
I have been working down in the states for the last 2 weeks and for the most part they want Trump as they say they need a big change and they feel he is the one
Voters appear to want a big change.

The globalists and the establishment factions in both parties have been on the offensive to try to stop Trump’s momentum. They are terrified of Trump and he is a masterful politician.

Trump is a political movement now. His the only Republican that can beat Clinton.

The Republican party has a huge dilemma on it's hands.

After his wins today, they will become officially unable to stop him from the nomination through ordinary electoral means - though there are still other tools at their disposal.

This is fascinating politics right now - and it's really only just started.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Not that you have a say, but do you honestly think Hillary or Bernie would be that much better? I remember those on AO who thought the country would fall apart if Obama became President. Well 7 years later we're still here. The same one's who said the US economy would never recover. Well here we are and while not as great as it once was, its recovering decently. The same who thought the oil fields would last for ever. Well we see where that is at this point in time.

Ponder this, do you honestly think that anyone on earth knows everything and has all the experience needed to be president? That there isn't anything they will learn? Don't you think there is a large portion that they don't know and the learning curve is quite steep and continuous? Just look at the toll being president takes on their body by looking at before and after Presidency pictures. They age a hell of a lot in 4 or 8 years.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:46 PM

It's Already Decided

Old 03-02-2016, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Big Time!!
Wish he could do Canada at the same time..
Old 03-02-2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
I think Americans could use Donald as a tool
I agree with this part. I have nothing to say about that man, that won't be censored.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 03-02-2016, 07:11 AM

Smile This is facinating

It is just starting, but the Americans have ways to legally frustrate the "will" of the people.

Jefferson and the boys had a very low regard for the average voter so they invented an Electoral college, I'm not exactly sure how it works, and neither do most Americans but it was put in place just so the members of the electoral college could make whom ever they wanted as President.

As popular as DT is in some circles I don't think that he will win.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:18 AM

The man is a genius and has raised a billion dollar empire from nothing. He is not after the power to add to his ego but rather after the power to change the system he has watched squander trillions of dollars that did not need to be.

The entire government has become corrupt with generations of families becoming the new royal blood in the country. Business buying and backroom deals have made a mockery out of Democracy. Trump owes nobody anything, he was squeezed out of the party funding which is the old tactic to eliminate those the party doesn't want prior to the public getting a say. The squeeze didn't work as he is using his own money to fund himself.

Whether or not he will be a 'good' President will only be determined by his record, but what he will do to the establishment pulling all the strings will be of great importance to the average American. If anything he will ensure that the country is better run fiscally.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:21 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Hell, NO. And from what I have been reading, he has many Republicans very worried how a Trump nomination or worse, a Trump presidency, could negatively affect their party. I cannot think of a more offensive person to have ever run for this office. He has offended almost every ethnic group and god help anyone who dares to differ with his opinions. Imagine this buffoon trying to engage in delicate diplomatic negotiations with another leader...He would just yell at everyone! And imagine a First Lady with nude modelling in her resume...I suppose she could distract the other world leaders while her husband yells at them.

At least he did not win every state yesterday, and very amusing that Cruz won Alaska after Palin's endorsement.

Here is a good article on why he should be fired...

http://www.economist.com/news/leader...ime-fire-trump

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:29 AM

Talking Advice for Americans who Hate Trump...

Ha! Just saw this...In case the Trump gets in, some advice on how to leave the U.S.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2549397

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
The man is a genius and has raised a billion dollar empire from nothing. He is not after the power to add to his ego but rather after the power to change the system he has watched squander trillions of dollars that did not need to be.

The entire government has become corrupt with generations of families becoming the new royal blood in the country. Business buying and backroom deals have made a mockery out of Democracy. Trump owes nobody anything, he was squeezed out of the party funding which is the old tactic to eliminate those the party doesn't want prior to the public getting a say. The squeeze didn't work as he is using his own money to fund himself.

Whether or not he will be a 'good' President will only be determined by his record, but what he will do to the establishment pulling all the strings will be of great importance to the average American. If anything he will ensure that the country is better run fiscally.
Don't tell me trump has replaced your Elvis posters.

I don't love him like you do, nor respect his tactics, but see good in shaking up the establishment. I have more respect for Bill Gates who quietly toils to improve living standards, opposed to trump who insights hate. That's just me.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Hell, NO. And from what I have been reading, he has many Republicans very worried how a Trump nomination or worse, a Trump presidency, could negatively affect their party. I cannot think of a more offensive person to have ever run for this office. He has offended almost every ethnic group and god help anyone who dares to differ with his opinions. Imagine this buffoon trying to engage in delicate diplomatic negotiations with another leader...He would just yell at everyone! And imagine a First Lady with nude modelling in her resume...I suppose she could distract the other world leaders while her husband yells at them.

At least he did not win every state yesterday, and very amusing that Cruz won Alaska after Palin's endorsement.

Here is a good article on why he should be fired...

http://www.economist.com/news/leader...ime-fire-trump
I'd rather have Trump who says what he thinks, weather I agree with it or not, and does what he said than a politician who says what he thinks you want to hear and then does whatever he wants. I don't really understand how offending an ethnic group is any different than telling an entire country your deficit is going to be $10B when it's easily going to be $30B+. Where is the outrage that they basically lie every day, isn't that offensive? Heck, Hillary was being investigated by the FBI and I'm sure any normal person would have been charged. I personally don't care if he offends me if he does a decent job running the country. I can't believe all the focus is on how offensive he is and little thought is given to how well he would run the country. I know some guys who are really, really good at their job who are *****s, do you think the owner considers firing them because they are "offensive"?

I personally don't think he'd do very well with international relations, but I think he would be very good for the county itself.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:01 AM

Default Super Tuesday

Trump Down.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I do. I have traveled extensively in the US for business in the last 8 years, and when I talk to the owners of large companies they all say the same thing....... "Obama is bad for business". With the current situation in the US where their economy is growing stronger, a proven businessman at the helm would be the best thing that could happen, especially one that doesn't dance to the "establishment's" tune.

It will be good for Canada as well, since the US is our biggest market, and don't for a second believe that he won't be all in on more pipelines. Something we have needed for over 10 years.

D
Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Banned

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...ar#.jupAnolRRW
Old 03-02-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
I'd say hardly any of those comments are gross, unless its a clever pun, which I doubt the media could come up with, seeing gross can mean "unattractively large or bloated".

What are you trying to portray by posting the link though, if you've ever "rated" the opposite sex your unfit? This probably happens dozens of times a day with people on this board and throughout the world. Its okay if you don't say it on tape though?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:44 AM

I wonder if Trump that wants to make everything in America knows he will still have to pay out all the trillions of loans from around the globe. I don't think Trump can claim bankruptcy on those. Might end up being United States of China or Japan.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...y-to/?view=all
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 03-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I wonder if Trump that wants to make everything in America knows he will still have to pay out all the trillions of loans from around the globe. I don't think Trump can claim bankruptcy on those. Might end up being United States of China or Japan.

I find it somewhat interesting that seven of the ten countries on that list are considerably smaller than Alaska.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post

Devalue the American dollar so debt can be paid back with lower valued paper.
Devalued dollar means kick start manufacturing and create jobs because manufactured products will be cheaper.

It sounds simplistic - but it just might work to `Make America Great Again`.

Oh ya, and make Mexico and Canada pay for the Wall too.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Depends. You can look at his record of positions on various issues in the past or you can look at what he's saying and proposing now. I'm hoping he's a liar right now just trying to get elected. The guy is a rude bully for sure, but if you look at where he was at 2 years ago, I'm much more comfortable with his positions than those of Cruz, Rubio, etc. Trump's a New York Ivy League educated billionaire (no, that's not "establishment" at all LOL) with liberal leanings who is not really religious and who has given slightly more money to Democrats than Republicans in the past.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
It is just starting, but the Americans have ways to legally frustrate the "will" of the people.

Jefferson and the boys had a very low regard for the average voter so they invented an Electoral college, I'm not exactly sure how it works, and neither do most Americans but it was put in place just so the members of the electoral college could make whom ever they wanted as President.

As popular as DT is in some circles I don't think that he will win.
If you don't know how it works do you honestly think you should be giving your opinion on it? Jefferson did not invent the electoral college, the founders of the is constitution did. The 12th amendment is where our current electoral college stems from. It was put into place for the 1804 election of which Jefferson won because up until that point the electors were required to put 2 votes down for president with the runner up becoming Vice President. The required vote of 2 without differentiation between president/Vice President caused a deadlock and the only 2 party president Vice President administration in 1796. Traditionally members of the electoral college also pledge to cast their vote for their candidate with the highest number of votes. I believe only 2 states don't follow this unspoken rule at this point. Exceptions do exist but for the most part if you win the popular vote in states with the highest number of electoral college votes then you'll get elected. Not a perfect system but I highly doubt the founders of the constitution could have foreseen where we are 200+ years later.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:45 PM

I can't believe how many people actually think Trump is in this to fix the system... There is only one man that will attempt to correct the flawed and corrupt US political system and his name is Sanders, not Trump...

Trump is a liar and an egotistical moron who has proposed next to nothing to correct the true issues in the US. Build a wall? Block muslims? Make america great again(how???)? Win(must be a Charlie Sheen fan and wannabe...)?

Actually do some research on this and you will see all the lies Trump makes. Most of what comes out of his mouth are lies but the mindless masses eat it up because he is entertaining and "taking on the system"...

Look at how he buys and uses his endorsements, one of the latest his Chris Christie puppet... He uses the same tactics you guys think he is going to get rid... Think Mexico is going to build the US a wall? Ok...

He is crude and playing with the system because he knows how television works and because he knows how to manipulate the mindless masses... Trump would be the US's version of Putin. Most of you probably don't realize the truth behind Putin either though...