Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindoutside View Post
I heard that the virus supposedly does not do well in hot environments. Could be why it is less in most of the southern regions
I wonder if it is more due to colder temperate climates sees more closer together indoor contact versus tropical warmer climates when people are outside. I think the Liberals are hoping Spring Summer will help reduce person to person contact.

Given the more serious impacts on seniors and those with existing medical conditions the system needs a plan for seniors homes and hospitals.

I can see elective surgery has been quietly put on hold or delayed. Makes sense to have more ability to absorb a surge in serious cases.

The government should also be spamming media with what to do if you have non serious symptoms so that hospitals are not swamped with the majority of what will be simple cases.

There continued to be hysteria. Saw that this morning at our quarterly Costco trip. Line up of people in a snow storm, on a Friday morning to get toilet paper...gone in a half hour. Save On had tons. Safeway has lots. Supplier sending more out every morning. I feel bad for the TP companies as they are being blasted now for product...people over buying...then won’t need any for some time.. hard to manage production when you have a large demand surge on a product that takes the same time to use up...

Interesting times.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-13-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
Well I just did an inventory of our toilet paper last night. We are down to our last 9 rolls.
My son asked “Dad what are we going to do when we run out of toilet paper and can’t buy any”? I said “well son, you know all those barn cats we have, just grab one by the neck with your one hand and by the end of the tail with the other hand, throw a leg over and start flossing”.

Come spring may have to take the pressure washer to the cats.
How do you know it is a cat versus a skunk in the dark?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Call me a cynic, but I just see political grand standing. These people are so amoral, thy'll do anything to garner popular support. Can't get by in public life these days without having a hard luck story.
This is all "make believe" as is much of his fantasy world.

He is under immense pressure - this virus, the failing economy, the oil manipulations, pretty well everyone west of OnTerrible ****ed at him (excluding the LML and Vic that is), FN's ****ed at him, the amateur hour handling of the protests and so much more. He desperately NEEDS a distraction and any reason to duck and hope some of that will blow over in his absence.

What better way than to play the Sympathy Card.

About one of the only things his drama experience provides him a background for.

I imagine there are a lot out there that will fall for this ploy, most notably in the east where his brain dead support base is.

Just this Redneck's take on the matter...

Cheers,
Nog
Old 03-13-2020, 01:04 PM

Bunch o negative nancies......

I offer this to the many of you that need a dogma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNo_cafMjAg

Stoicism......... That's my jam man.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 03-13-2020, 01:13 PM

Default Lol

Old 03-13-2020, 01:22 PM

Because I know they are received oh so well, here's some more graphs! Sucker for punishment I guess. Yo are welcome Bobtodrick

Last edited by bloopbloob; 03-13-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Because I know they are received oh so well, here's some more graphs! Sucker for punishment I guess.

Ahh, another post from our resident fearmonger.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:29 PM

Seeing as no one can follow anything these days with out a fancy graphic please review this chart which I feel is applicable to this situation.

Last edited by sns2; 03-19-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Ahh, another post from our resident fearmonger.
Click the little block or don’t go on the thread. Pretty simple. Thanks Bloop for the graphs. Not fear mongering if you just present data. Lol
Old 03-13-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Because I know they are received oh so well, here's some more graphs! Sucker for punishment I guess

Do you have a graph showing how many deaths were prevented worldwide by people staying home and not driving? Or how many stayed healthy by not going out in publuc, contracting and succumbing to the regular flu strains?

How about worldwide numbers for how many will live longer in future due to new cleanliness habits being adopted?

Population numbers, life expectancy, and general happiness rating for pangolins? I'm sure they're happier now. Not having to fret about being masticated alongside an order of noodles would sure as hell make me happier.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Because I know they are received oh so well, here's some more graphs! Sucker for punishment I guess. Yo are welcome Bobtodrick

I owned a budgie once.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
This is all "make believe" as is much of his fantasy world.

He is under immense pressure - this virus, the failing economy, the oil manipulations, pretty well everyone west of OnTerrible ****ed at him (excluding the LML and Vic that is), FN's ****ed at him, the amateur hour handling of the protests and so much more. He desperately NEEDS a distraction and any reason to duck and hope some of that will blow over in his absence.

What better way than to play the Sympathy Card.

About one of the only things his drama experience provides him a background for.

I imagine there are a lot out there that will fall for this ploy, most notably in the east where his brain dead support base is.

Just this Redneck's take on the matter...

Cheers,
Nog
He wasn't here for the country when the Injuns were bockading the Engines. Now he's gone into hiding again for two weeks. I really hope his missus does the country a solid and exterminates the bug!

BW
Old 03-13-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Is New York Times a suitable news source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...heory.amp.html

I’m a lot more scared of the effects of this than the virus.
You have to look elsewhere for credible news because our media are "sanitized" by Ottawa through generous donations of taxpayer money.
As others have said here I read the CBC, CNN websites and then believe the opposite.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I wonder if it is more due to colder temperate climates sees more closer together indoor contact versus tropical warmer climates when people are outside. I think the Liberals are hoping Spring Summer will help reduce person to person contact.

Given the more serious impacts on seniors and those with existing medical conditions the system needs a plan for seniors homes and hospitals.

I can see elective surgery has been quietly put on hold or delayed. Makes sense to have more ability to absorb a surge in serious cases.

The government should also be spamming media with what to do if you have non serious symptoms so that hospitals are not swamped with the majority of what will be simple cases.

There continued to be hysteria. Saw that this morning at our quarterly Costco trip. Line up of people in a snow storm, on a Friday morning to get toilet paper...gone in a half hour. Save On had tons. Safeway has lots. Supplier sending more out every morning. I feel bad for the TP companies as they are being blasted now for product...people over buying...then won’t need any for some time.. hard to manage production when you have a large demand surge on a product that takes the same time to use up...

Interesting times.
Elective surgery has not been put on hold, in Edmonton anyhow.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:

GOOD JOB,saves looking around,,i just didn't trust anything out of china,but I knew it was coming.So thanks for all your efforts.

JD
Old 03-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Click the little block or don’t go on the thread. Pretty simple. Thanks Bloop for the graphs. Not fear mongering if you just present data. Lol
Yes, like his 'data' that there were 12 confirmed cases in the Wetaskiwin area that AHS isn't telling us about. If that isn't fearmongering I don't know what is.
It seems everything he has posted here is to keep people ramped up...just what we don't need at this time.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, like his 'data' that there were 12 confirmed cases in the Wetaskiwin area that AHS isn't telling us about. If that isn't fearmongering I don't know what is.
It seems everything he has posted here is to keep people ramped up...just what we don't need at this time.
Strong possibility of a case in Provost as well...
Old 03-13-2020, 02:02 PM

Figured out why everyone is buying toilet paper. It’s to cover their mouths to keep the crap from spewing out!
Old 03-13-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
If you dont want to look at the graphs then dont, if you dont want to look around then dont. Local information is, almost always better than national information. I dont believe everything I hear or read but most of the things I have heard end up materializing. You do you. I think the graphs are informative thanks.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:22 PM

Heard it from a friend of a friend...sales are up and surpassing Dec.23rd. sales....retailers are loving this....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

These charts aren’t worth the bandwidth they take imo.

Looking at mortality rate charts from March 6th, the mortality rate for the US was 5.9%, Italy was 3.8% France was 1.6% UK 1.2% Iran 2.6%

Every one went up except the US. Do you know what changed in the US in the past week? The number of tests went up and the fatality rate went down over 50%. What hasn’t changed is the age in which the deaths occur. In the charts I found even in the 50-59yr old range the death rate is around 1.3%, 40-49 year range being 0.4%, and I’d venture to say the majority of these people had pre existing health issues.

All your charts are nice, so are the ones I found, but in the grand scheme of things they really are nothing more than a photograph in time. It will take months before any real world numbers can be accurately determined. Why is Canada’s death rate 0.63% and Italy’s 7.17%? Are we tougher? Is the virus more powerful in Europe than North America? Is Canada posting fake news and Italy posting real news? The ONLY constant is the fact the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are the ones at a high risk of mortality, healthy people under 60 shouldn’t have to worry about toilet paper...... but because of fear mongering from social media people are freaking out.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Heard it from a friend of a friend...sales are up and surpassing Dec.23rd. sales....retailers are loving this....
Assume everything will die down and they will have minimal sales after wouldn’t they? People hoarding and reselling are the most disgusting people ever. Can think of a few things to do with them but don’t wanna go to banned camp.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
but because of fear mongering from social media people are freaking out.
Do you think they are freaking out about the virus or freaking out about the possibility of being quarantined?
Old 03-13-2020, 02:27 PM

Well worth a listen as to the knowledge of how this will progress and the state of lack of preparedness for something like this, by someone who studies the overall picture of pandemics such as this, and advises gov'ts on it.. It is what it is, and is not gong to go away in any big hurry, and the politicians and markets are only just realizing it. It was even predicted as to where it was most likely to originate from, same place that most of the generic drugs that are used against this sort of thing are made. Rogan booked this guy a few weeks back, and the timing of his appearance is definitely pertinent now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw
Old 03-13-2020, 02:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Thanks,
This is what i was eluding at earlier. It has possibility to be even bigger than this according to my source, including the possibility of a complete shut down of all operations......... It was not fear mongering, not hearsay, I was only sharing trusted inside information, ahead of publication. Maybe one day, somebody will believe something I have to say.... Another tidbit. Just got a text, my pilot friend just watched a 150 seat plane leave with 12 passengers aboard. Unsustainable.
So a union announcing (?) that "up to" 50% of the flight attendants " could be" laid off confirms your " insider info" that West jet is shutting down?...gotcha….
Old 03-13-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
This morning before i left for Wallmart to continue my hoarding, lol, i opened Fox news.
Right at the top was the headline about leader of China threatening the US to withhold pharmaceuticals and let the US descend into coronavirus hell if they didn't say sorry for misalignming them and to kiss their butt. When I came back the article had been removed probably to prevent panic. China is also full out saying that the US caused this disease , and their ambassador has now been called in to the Whitehouse.
Interesting times.
There is apparently a lot more truth to that than people know about, in the validity of that threat and what the effects could be if China did do it. The manufacturing capacity in the US isn't capable of ramping up enough to cover the US, fast enough to help themselves, or us. There are apparently a lot of pertinent drugs imported from China, a very substantial amount are no longer made over here.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Do you think they are freaking out about the virus or freaking out about the possibility of being quarantined?
Andrew, as a man who seems to have a fair share of common sense and fair amount of acquaintances, are you seriously worried about running out of toilet paper if you get quarantined? I can say with 100% confidence that if you were quarantined and ran out of toilet paper, within a half hour of you posting on AO that you ran out, one of our fine members would be on your doorstep with a brick of rolls. MSM obviously has people paranoid to the point they aren’t thinking rationally.

I think rational people understand this is a virus with an extremely rapid transmission rate, they think the odds of contracting the virus is high, they think they’ll get sick and they have the common sense to realize their chance of dying from it. They won’t purposely try to contract it, they will take all measures possible not to transmit it to others, and life will go on.

I’ll be honest though, with the world financial situation, the paranoia, and the fear of the unknown, it seems the virus itself is the last thing to worry about.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:55 PM

Gee, I sure hope that someone quotes all of those graphs again....
Old 03-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Gee, I sure hope that someone quotes all of those graphs again....
They are earning their bandwidth!
Old 03-13-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
These charts aren’t worth the bandwidth they take imo.
I'd rather look at the charts than see you going off every third post about how this will have less impact that the flu, nothing to worry about, fear mongers, chicken little ect. I'm sure other members who feel like this is going to turn into a big deal are thinking the same thing.

Again, like I have been saying from the beginning, I don't think we are all going to die or the world is going to end. I do however feel like this will have much more of an impact on all of us than the flu. Telling people not to worry or insulting them for sharing info is not helping anyone.

No one knows exactly what direction this is going to go. While we are all waiting to see, maybe try and have a little respect for different opinions and other members that might just be here for info.