Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-24-2024, 03:01 PM

Default Vortex Canada

Shout out to Vortex Canada. I sent my 10x42 Talon Binos (at least 4-5 years old) in for repairs as I could not get them to focus properly. I paid for the freight to Ontario ($35.00), they emailed me a couple days after they received them saying they could not repair them. They told me that they will replacing them with a new set c/w freight to my door. A week later I received a new set of Vortex Viper 10x42 c/w harness. I appreciate the great customer service I received and unbelievable turnaround time!
Old 01-24-2024, 03:12 PM

And wouldn't it be special if these ones worked properly.

Canada post gotta love Vortex!
Old 01-24-2024, 03:35 PM

Default Vortex Canada

Oh oh! I didn’t mean to start any kind of negativity. Oh well, typical for this forum.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjohnson View Post
typical for this forum.
Not necessarily so....but guess I'm guilty in this case.

I just have trouble supporting a company who built their whole reputation on how good their warranty is. That should be nothing to brag about. How rarely their warranty gets used would be something to be proud of......but certainly not applicable to that company.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:17 PM

Fair enough.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:26 PM

Default perception

There are companies that build to high quality... the other ones have done the math that it's easier to send a new one... even if you break it. Customer service is an emotional undertaking. Vortex has this dialed. It's built into the price. Performance does not build loyalty, feeling good about how you were treated does.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjohnson View Post
Shout out to Vortex Canada. I sent my 10x42 Talon Binos (at least 4-5 years old) in for repairs as I could not get them to focus properly. I paid for the freight to Ontario ($35.00), they emailed me a couple days after they received them saying they could not repair them. They told me that they will replacing them with a new set c/w freight to my door. A week later I received a new set of Vortex Viper 10x42 c/w harness. I appreciate the great customer service I received and unbelievable turnaround time!
That's great when expectations get exceeded.
Customer for life I bet.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:25 PM

Maybe I’m one of the lucky ones….I have the razor spotting scope and fury rangefinder binoculars, so the top end from vortex. I have had both for quite some time and have had no issues and am happy with them.

For the money spent compared to the high end brands, I’m pretty happy, and I suppose if they do fail at some point, I will get them replaced for free……..
Old 01-24-2024, 05:33 PM

I have never had vortex anything (and likely won’t). But to be fair, and it isn’t likely a real representation of how things really are, on this forum I see way more “shout outs” to Leupold than anything else. I have three Leupolds, on never mounted on anything yet, one went for service out of the box (canted reticle), and one worked flawlessly since purchase.