Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-05-2022, 01:57 PM

Leopold all almost all my guns. I think I have 8 . Had a 2-7 on my 300 winmag for 30plus years .

They are great scopes unto themselves but we have the added benefit of Korth group in Okotoks that does a great job of service if you ever need it.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:48 PM

Scope shopping is, as one AO said, mind boggling. I'm looking to upgrade optics on a few guns so it's a challenge to keep the quality/budget balanced
I appreciate all the advice
Old 01-05-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter55 View Post
it is very mind boggling. I'm looking to upgrade optics on a few guns so it's a challenge to keep the quality/budget balanced
My suggestion, suit the glass to the gun. Primary hunting rifle, best glass, best lowly light performance and reliability. Leupold, swaro. Longdistance shooting at 1000 yards with lots of dialing, Nightforce or similar, Gopher gun, never used at dawn or dusk, can get away with much less expensive glass, Bushnell 4200, 3200, even Banner. Mid range guns that need better low light for coyote etc, Bushnell 6500, Burris. There is no need to put a 1000 bucks plus scope on every gun, no matter what you see all the time.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
My suggestion, suit the glass to the gun. Primary hunting rifle, best glass, best lowly light performance and reliability. Leupold, swaro. Longdistance shooting at 1000 yards with lots of dialing, Nightforce or similar, Gopher gun, never used at dawn or dusk, can get away with much less expensive glass, Bushnell 4200, 3200, even Banner. Mid range guns that need better low light for coyote etc, Bushnell 6500, Burris. There is no need to put a 1000 bucks plus scope on every gun, no matter what you see all the time.
So true. You can spend a fortune on optics. My new Browning Xbolt arrived this morning from Elwood Epps; I was doing some horse-trading over the holidays and ended up with a really nice Bushnell elite 3200 so am going to start there. I also ended ended up with a next to new Winchester XPR in 300 win mag that I'll start looking for a scope for. Also...I bought a WC180 a while back and I think I will change up optics from red dot to a low power hunting scope as I find the dots blurry...always fun in the gun room
Old 01-07-2022, 07:26 PM

Default Choices

I always thought that Burris Full field II was the best bang for your buck in a 3- 9 scope.....FS