Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
I'm a 40 Year old married guy who got into hunting only a couple years ago. I was heavily involved in fishing in BC before I moved here 8 years ago (sturgeon/salmon/steelhead guide, many hundreds of volunteer hours each year towards habitat, broodstock etc.). Lots of solo back country experience.

Looking for someone in the Edmonton area who is getting into waterfowl hunting. But I'm not looking for this year, I'm looking ahead into next year and beyond. I'm looking for someone who's motivated to head out and find new ground, "waste" days scouting and isn't afraid to get dirty and share ideas/areas/tactics as we BOTH work to build up our knowledge base. I'm new to it so I don't have a lot of equipment (gun, 3 dekes, waders) but for my first waterfowl season, it's been working out pretty well so far.

I spend from 50-100 days per year camping/hunting/hiking etc so I have a pretty good general knowledge base, just looking for someone who's willing to put in the grunt work with me.

If this looks like a job posting, it's because I'm tired of having buddies get super amped up to go hunting but then expect me to do all of the scouting, show them everything I've discovered and put them into animals first while they GPS spots and take their buddies there later on.

This whole thing sounds super gay but... f it, finding the right hunting partner is much harder than I first thought it would be.
PM sent