Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 05:09 PM

Default anybody interested in being a hunter host

I am a very serious whitetail hunter from manitoba, wondering if anybody out there would be willing to host me on a mule deer hunt. I could trade you a saskatchewan or manitoba whitetail hunt or be your slave in exchange. Open to ideas?
Dreaming about those big mulies.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Gone Hunting

What big mules? What do you call big? Real big mules are gettin to be a tough critter to find in the more famous areas of the province. Might just be afew around in other areas though...

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Default anybody interested in being a hunter host

Good afternoon CDN buck. are you looking at hunting with rifle of Bow? I hosted to guys last year 1 from QUE and 1 from ONT. The places that i like to go are on draw for Rifle but general for bow. Let me know

Thanks
Old 01-02-2010, 02:16 PM

Not wanting to rain on too many parades, but perhaps a good look at the rules surrounding the Hunter Host progam should be undertaken.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-02-2010, 03:16 PM

X2 on Reading the Regs on this Opportunity. Although it may seem harmless to "trade" a hunt like the one in question, it is illegal, as one may not accept any "benefit" directly or indirectly for being a hunter host.

Heres the link directly from the Online 2009 Regs

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/
Old 01-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Thanks TIMWOLF, it's about time we had this hunter host problem in check. You need to know the regs and understand them. What you are wanting to "trade" for is illegal. Be careful!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:16 AM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMWOLF View Post
X2 on Reading the Regs on this Opportunity. Although it may seem harmless to "trade" a hunt like the one in question, it is illegal, as one may not accept any "benefit" directly or indirectly for being a hunter host.

Heres the link directly from the Online 2009 Regs

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/
That just takes you to the main page. Here is what it says

"Hunter Host - an adult resident who is the holder of a valid Hunter Host Licence. To obtain this licence, the adult must hold a valid WiN and be eligible to hold recreational hunting licences. A Hunter Host may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept a fee for services, directly or indirectly.
The licence authorizes the holder (usually a relative or friend of the hunters to be hosted) to host a maximum of two non-residents (Canadian) or non-resident aliens* named on the host's licence to hunt wolf, coyote and big game throughout the province."

I'm going to take a pass on this biyearly argument this time .
Old 01-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Hugin&munin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn buck View Post
I am a very serious whitetail hunter from manitoba, wondering if anybody out there would be willing to host me on a mule deer hunt. I could trade you a saskatchewan or manitoba whitetail hunt or be your slave in exchange. Open to ideas?
Dreaming about those big mulies.
I didn't honestly even see a nice mule deer this year, but as far as the host program is concerned I think this is another part of the regs that should be clarified a little better. I just can't imagine that forming a friendship with a fellow Canadian hunter could be breaking the law and on that note if it is breaking the law then the program is pointless in my books(just my opinion!!). So I guess with that said CDN BUCK just send me a PM and I'll give you my contact info and we can chat. I have no real interest in hunting elsewhere and we will leave the word "TRADE" out of it and just go hunting. I want absolutely nothing in return or gain whether it be indirectly or directly!!!!!!. The best looking mule deer I saw this year was in area that it would be better to bow hunt (draws) but I did see one in area that is open for rifle but it wasn't that big, I doubt it would've of been a shooter for you. I hope I worded this in a way that won't **** a bunch of people off and keep us out of jail and as far as forming friendships from the experience I guess we will have to treat eachother like a**holes and that should cover that too. I hope this post helps you and good luck on your future hunts!
Closed Thread