Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-17-2003, 06:01 PM
trapping- just asking?

Default trapping- just asking?

I hunt,fish,camp,etc but I never have known anyone who traps fulltime(so to speak).I have my own quad and snowmobiles.would a trapper out there ever allow someone to tag along for a day, just to see a diferent side of the hunting world.I dont mind helping out with clearing trails etc in return for a first hand look.
Thanks....just asking
Old 01-18-2003, 11:11 PM
Trappin

Default Trappin

Yeah outdoorman .....lotsa times we take ppl out and show em what we do.Espesially when we go beaver trappin in winter.We can always use a new student on the ice chisel....(grin)Trappin is a quiet way of life in the woods...away from the crowds.I would suggest you join the Alberta s Trappers association for 20 bucks and find a few trappers in yur area...ph.# 1 780 349 6626.Hope this helps.In trappin furever ...Zepf.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Trapping

Default Trapping

Where do you live? If you live anywhere around cold Lake I could give you a tour. Its alot of fun but a lot of work also.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Don Meredith

Default Re: Trapping

I want to apologize to the visitors to this thread over the last few weeks that had to endure the posting from one of our animal rights terrorists.>: These guys had been posting many obscene and illegal messages on several threads, and Rob and I have had our hands full copying the messages, sending all information to the proper authorities, and deleting the posts. It hasn't been fun. We thought we had deleted all, but obviously we hadn't.

If it's any consolation, a couple of these guys are well known to authorities here and in the United States, and those authorities are using our information, along with a whole lot more supplied by others, to make a case against them. It turns out that although you can hide behind an alias on bulletin boards, if someone really wants to find out who you are, they can.

Once again, we apologize and will try to be more vigilant in the future. If you happen to run across such a message again, don't reply to these fools; just let either Rob or I know in a separate post on the respective board, and we'll take care of business.

Don
Old 03-12-2003, 10:35 AM
CaptSmitty

Default Report A Post

Hi Don,

I have seen a feature on some other boards that have a button beside each post: "Report This Post" Makes it dead easy to let you know about nasty posts.

Spicoli
Old 03-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Don Meredith

Default Re: Report A Post

Spicoli,

That's a good idea. But I don't believe it's offered on this service. Something to suggest, though.

Thanks,

Don
Old 03-13-2003, 10:18 AM
E-terrorists

Default E-terrorists

If this or these individuals are caught and charged and convicted, what kind of punishment would they recieve? They are obviously sick and need counseling. Could I get alone in a room with one and "counsel" "it" for an hour or so?

I can understand the motives of some criminal activity where the criminal does something for there own gain. But crimes like this that have many inocent victums and no measurable gain for the "thug" are hard to fathom.

Robin
Old 03-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Trash

Default Trash

Thanks Guys for taking care of all the trash out there for us...best of luck!