Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-16-2013, 08:34 AM

Default Contemplating on singing on a Jr. Partner

Well although I'm getting a late start on things , and we have what seems like more snow then we've had in a long many years for being only the middle of December , I'm thinking of singing on a Jr. partner.
In the past I'v signed on a few and things don't usually work out for one reason or another , but maybe it's time to give it another try.
My line is about 1.5 hours west of Edmonton with fairly good road access in and around it , but I don't recommend any road trapping and do all mine off my sled .
If this is something you could give a solid commitment to this winter shoot me a message via PM
You will need all your own gear and traps , a good 4x4 truck , and a sled .
I'd hope for a experienced trapper , as I really don't have time to babysit anybody coming into this and getting in over there head.

Thanks to all those who inquire.... Jim.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:52 AM

Singing? Sure, sounds like fun! What kind of songs do you like? If it's country count me out unless you don't mind cleaning up all the vomit!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:03 AM

Default Junior partner

Kinda wondering about the response for a junior partner. Thought there would be a line-up with inquiries, etc.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 AM

Oooppps ,,,, that should have read " signing " ..... But hey out there I've been known to do a little singing too !!! LOL
Ya I kinda figured I'd get some people to give a response other then the grammar police......
Old 12-17-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod Valley View Post
Oooppps ,,,, that should have read " signing " ..... But hey out there I've been known to do a little singing too !!! LOL
Ya I kinda figured I'd get some people to give a response other then the grammar police......
I try not to sing when my partner is around. He may think I hurt myself, or that I am unhappy with something.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Maybe I should be looking for a deaf Jr. partner to sign on and then he couldn't hear me sing , , , but I could learn to sign him a song!!! LOL
Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Default Junior

Sure wish you lived closer to home, I would definately take you up on the junior offer. It is very hard to get a line, or get to junior a line these days.
I will have my own line one day...

Spruce
Old 12-18-2013, 01:43 PM

Default sent pm

I sent you a PM
Old 12-20-2013, 12:59 AM

Sent a pm
Old 12-20-2013, 09:44 AM

Getting all your Pm'S guys ,,, Im currently working night shift , and don't accomplish much while on this shift ,,, I'll surly get back to you all and make a decision ,,, but for now I gotta hit the sheets .
Old 12-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Ok fellas , thanks to all that responded and showed an interest to becoming a partner on my line , although I haven't made any decisions as of yet , I will shortly.
Although , I never originally stated , my intention here is to introduce some new people into the industry ,, I have had a couple trappers with their own RFMA and looking are looking to expand on their opportunities ,,,,, sorry guys ,,,, gotta make room for the new trappers.
Wishing you all a safe and Marry Christmas , and a Happy New Year !!!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Ok fellas , thanks to all that responded and showed an interest to becoming a partner on my line , although I haven't made any decisions as of yet , I will shortly.
Although , I never originally stated , my intention here is to introduce some new people into the industry ,, I have had a couple trappers with their own RFMA and looking are looking to expand on their opportunities ,,,,, sorry guys ,,,, gotta make room for the new trappers.
Wishing you all a safe and Marry Christmas , and a Happy New Year !!!
Thank you for doing this McLeod! I am just getting into trapping at 14 years and from first hand experience, it is hard to find people really willing to help me out. So thank you for introducing a new person to the trade! Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:17 PM

Your welcome FlyTrapper ,,,,, if I could recruit a fellow like yourself , I'd omit the babysitting part of my original post ,,,,, if you were a couple years older and a couple hundred miles closer , I'd sign ya on in a snap .... Keep looking , and keep trapping. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year !
Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Your welcome FlyTrapper ,,,,, if I could recruit a fellow like yourself , I'd omit the babysitting part of my original post ,,,,, if you were a couple years older and a couple hundred miles closer , I'd sign ya on in a snap .... Keep looking , and keep trapping. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year !
That's alright McLeod, I don't meet many of the criteria you originally posted, I only have 2 120's haha and I don't have a sled! But like I said, so happy to see someone getting someone new into the trade!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTrapper View Post
That's alright McLeod, I don't meet many of the criteria you originally posted, I only have 2 120's haha and I don't have a sled! But like I said, so happy to see someone getting someone new into the trade!
Hello FlyTrapper, hear you only got 2 traps, do you have access to muskrat trapping area, in Christmas spirit i would like to throw some colony traps your way,if you know where some rats are, hear you were trapping weasels,any luck yet, got some victor rat Traps that are good for them, could throw couple of those your way as well, i remember when i was your age and in same state,very few traps,so want to lend a hand, that is if you'll except the gift? MERRY CHRISTMAS from PETER and family.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP_ECOM View Post
Hello FlyTrapper, hear you only got 2 traps, do you have access to muskrat trapping area, in Christmas spirit i would like to throw some colony traps your way,if you know where some rats are, hear you were trapping weasels,any luck yet, got some victor rat Traps that are good for them, could throw couple of those your way as well, i remember when i was your age and in same state,very few traps,so want to lend a hand, that is if you'll except the gift? MERRY CHRISTMAS from PETER and family.
Thank you sooooooooo much, I sent you a PM!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Default Our Future

Your quite welcome, it is young men like yourself who will carry on the HERITAGE and TRADITON going.I am just returning the deed that someone did for me as well when i was your age and starting out.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

What a nice gesture PCP! Cudos to you.....Good karma coming your way.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:46 PM

Default Great Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
What a nice gesture PCP! Cudos to you.....Good karma coming your way.
Like I said was his age once,and glad to see young up and comer's contributing so much to forum, impressed with his demeanor and knowledge,glad to help out,MERRY CHRISTMAS to all,Peter
Old 12-23-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTrapper View Post
Ok then ,,,,, you will get there just like the rest of us , one day at a time , stick with it and everything always seems to work into place.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 PM

Ah shucks, thanks Peter!! I have tried hard to gain as much knowledge as possible to help anyone in anyway, and of course, not come across as a total noob, haha! And for sure McLeod, it's already starting to come together great! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2013, 07:24 AM

This is a great post with good will all through it.
God bless you guys trying to help out and share.

Merry Christmas and have a great, safe New Year.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Great job! McLeod & PCP

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.