Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-11-2014, 08:37 AM

Default Trapline owner maps

Hi guys just wondering if there are maps that show trapline boundaries and who owns them.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Post Yes and no

The maps with boundaries are available as F&W but they don't give out the info of trappers . Now protected under a privacy act. Only been that way for a few years. Perhaps you could ask the F&W office to give your info to the trapper and hope he contacts you back? Also , some guys post info at the access road to their cabin or at minimum their license # in the cabin window.
Good luck,
Old 01-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt247 View Post
Hi guys just wondering if there are maps that show trapline boundaries and who owns them.
Word if mouth is the best way to find out who owns the line. You will soon find out that lots of traplines are owned by people that have them for recreational purposes. That's a topic for another day.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:58 AM

Default non-trappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Word if mouth is the best way to find out who owns the line. You will soon find out that lots of traplines are owned by people that have them for recreational purposes. That's a topic for another day.
Tell us the names and numbers of the ones you found out about.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:14 PM

The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) allows the public access to information on trapline numbers and the names of the individuals that the traplines are registered to. For those that say otherwise, they are only stating incorrect information based either on speculation or perhaps with deliberate intent.

The FOIP does not allow the release of the individuals address, phone number or any private information.

A trapline map for all of Alberta can be purchased from Map Town in Calgary (403-266-2241) for about $35.00 including shipping. Ask for the Registered Fur Management Areas map

The names of the individuals that the lines are registered to can be obtained from Bev Fetter, Fish and Wildlife Division, 2nd Floor 9920-108 Street, Edmonton Alberta, T5K 2M4

There are data collecting companies that have this public information for sale. Also there are oil and gas companies, the forestry industry, surveyors and others that have legal access to the public information.

Some trappers may not realize just how public the information is and how one cannot stop anyone who wants to put a little effort together to easily obtain this public information.

This is the way it is for now and if this is not acceptable to some have the FOIP changed to fit your needs. People shouldn't be lied to.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Banned

RFMA maps:

http://srd.alberta.ca/MapsPhotosPubl...e/Default.aspx
Old 05-03-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
link won't work for me..

I thought this was the link I had saved, but it won't work either. https://maps.alberta.ca/FWIMT_Pub/Vi...ewer=FWIMT_Pub
Old 05-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Banned

It looks like they trashed the link since 2014. Didn’t someone post the link this winter? I vaguely remember seeing the thread but I didn’t read it. The weather sucks so maybe I’ll have a look tomorrow.

EDIT.......I haven’t tried the link but this is the thread that I remember.....Post #6. http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=377239

Last edited by HunterDave; 05-03-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM

I have map showing All the RFMA's in Alberta. If you are interested in certain area I can send copy.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:17 AM

this is the link

https://maps.alberta.ca/FWIMT_Pub/?T...ewer=FWIMT_Pub

- check terms and conditions
- continue
- click layers list
- check fish and wildlife administrative
- check RFMA
- click I want to.. find data on map
- zoom in and click on the RFMA you want info from